2015 S60 Polestar-Modifications?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2015 S60 Polestar-Modifications?

Hi All,
      I am thinking of starting to slowly modify my Polestar and wanted to know where I should start. Is there an engine tune available?

What would the 1st few steps be in modifying this vehicle if it's worth modifying at all?

Thanks
      2015 S60 Polestar Owner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would suggest checking out the Polestar Owners FB page as there is a lot of discussions on mods there. Just search "mods" or "modification" or "tuning" and you will see many discussions. There are a few fellow Aussies on it that may also help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthPolestar View Post
      Hi All,
      I am thinking of starting to slowly modify my Polestar and wanted to know where I should start. Is there an engine tune available?

What would the 1st few steps be in modifying this vehicle if it's worth modifying at all?

Thanks
      Downpipe for a start. GFB turbo diverter valve. Intake manifold. Uprated intercooler and a Snabb intake kit or Resonator delete from Elevate. TDI tuning box

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Downpipe would be a good start +1, from pass experiences with Volvo.

Good to see another Polestar from Australia, Im in Melbourne.
      2015 S60 Polestar
      2003 S60 AWD 2.5T|Snabb Intake |Pierburg TCV |BC BR Racing Coilovers |Ultra-Racing Rear Strut | Upper engine / Lower transmission Polyurethane |

Awaiting Approval
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthPolestar View Post
      Hi All,

Thanks

I'd be keen to understand how much extra the gearbox can take before I spent any real dollars on upgrades...

Rob (Perth)
      MY14 S60

Quote Originally Posted by Slocs View Post
      I'd be keen to understand how much extra the gearbox can take before I spent any real dollars on upgrades...

Rob (Perth)
      MY14 S60
      The Aisin AW TF-8# SC series is a 6-speed automatic transmission designed for use in transverse engine applications and produced by Aisin Seiki. It is designed to handle a maximum of 440 N⋅m (324.5 ft⋅lbf) of torque.[citation needed] It is built in Anjō, Japan.[1] It is also called the TF-80SC[2] (AWF21, AF40-6, AM6,[3] AW6A-EL) and TF-81SC (AF21).[4]
      The design team set out to create a 6 speed automatic that fits in the same space as a manual gearbox. It measures 358 mm (14.1 in) in length and weighs 90 kg (198 lb). Its combined use of a conventional 5-pinion planetary gearset and a compound Ravigneaux gearset makes it incredibly light and compact. This combination is known as a Lepelletier arrangement. The shifting of gears is managed by a sophisticated computer programme which oversees a clutch-to-clutch actuation. Gear changes are accomplished by one clutch engaging the instant the clutch from the previous gear disengages. The transmission control module (TCM) is located inside the transmission housing, instead of being located outside it. The advantage of this is to reduce external wiring as well as to provide a constant environment for TCM operation which encourages longevity. One aspect of the advanced nature of the electronics is at idle (along with required foot brake depression on e.g. Opel Astra), it automatically selects neutral gear to reduce internal temperatures and improve fuel economy.
      It is a sealed for life unit, using proprietary transmission fluid which is labelled as being maintenance free. However, for vehicles used primarily for towing, taxi or in mountainous environments transmission fluid change every 60,000 km is recommended. Transmissions made before year 2011 (generation 1) use JWS 3309 standard oil, while transmissions made from year 2011 (generation 2) use JWS 3324 standard oil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flute View Post
      The Aisin AW TF-8# SC series is a 6-speed automatic transmission designed for use in transverse engine applications and produced by Aisin Seiki. It is designed to handle a maximum of 440 N⋅m (324.5 ft⋅lbf) of torque.
      Above it states it can handle a maximum of 440nm or torque....but our cars are rated at 500nm/torque (3.0L). So maybe it handles a bit more than the stated above?

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements