Factory amplifier removal
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Factory amplifier removal

Does anyone know how to remove the factory amplifier from under the passengers seat? I can see 2 bolts at the front, but with those removed it's not budging and I can't see anything from the back.

Trying to see if I can remove it without having to take out the passengers seat.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Move the seat all the way back, and remove the two front amp bolts. Loosing the four bolts that hold the seat in. Rock the seat backwards to remove the 2 bolts holding the back of the amp to the floor. Disconnect the amp and your all set.
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

Thanks, are the 2 bolts at the back visible with the seat in place? Or can you only see them with it (the seat) tipped back?

Finally did this today, fairly easy and no need to remove any bolts holding the seat in.

Put the seat all the way up and all the way forward, look from the rear foot well at the right side of the amp there's a 10mm bolt hidden by the seat rail. I couldn't get a 1/4" ratchet in there, but a 10mm ratcheting wrench just about fits. Remove that bolt and make sure everything's unplugged.

Back to the front of the passenger seat, move the seat all the way back to reveal the front 10mm bolts. Remove those and then lift the amp up and slowly pull it forward, there is a little clip holding the wiring to the side of the amp, pop that out and the amp will then slide right out.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements