TG’s Yellow Volvo Obsession & Progression & Memories Thread - Very Past, Past & Present (Picture Heavy) - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by TG850T5R View Post
      Around Tokyo for sure, I have not seen too many exotics outside of the city. I used to take pictures of every P80R as I was initially dumb-founded how clean they all were. It later on got old as pretty much every single nice car, taxi cab & semi in Japan are in spotless condition. Even the airport limousine buses have their chrome wheels, exhaust tips all polished up (ALL the flipping time) - Just perfection.

Tokyo city cabs are my fav. Black outside, white inside. Not a single swirl mark on the paint and every time you get in one, it feels like it has just been washed / waxed & vacuumed. I don't know how they do it.
      Let me know next time your going to Japan. Pme some time. Would love for someone to car out few cars in person for me vs dealing with a broker thru email or auction house.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CYB3RBYTE View Post
      We have one of the few legal importers of JDM cars in the US in my state, near janesville. Beautiful cars, they have an R31 autech I'd be all over if it were 10k less.
      I always enjoy looking at their inventory, even though they’re not importing anything related to this forum. 😂
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

I give up…..

Back to the story folks!

After the San Fran & Chicago experiences, I pretty much decided to give up on my Yellow hunt and chose to chase my other dream of owning a 911 Turbo. Most of the pleasure for me is the hunt for the right car and chasing the right 911 can be quite difficult as I found out through my research over the years.

1st it was the sticker shock, then it was the endless options Porsche offers (which ones are the ones to have) and then of course what year is the year to own.

If you are in the market for a 997 Turbo here are the cliff notes (I know this is a Volvo forum): 2009 is the year own as it is the last year of the Mezger engine. 6 Speed Manual Coupes are more desirable over convertibles and tiptronics, sport adaptive seats and sport chrono packages are must have (you would not believe how many 911s do not have these) and for me, heated seats were also required. Anything over that was a plus. Of course I am after a low mile, stock, accident free example. To make things further complicated I do not want black cars (70% of 911 are black) and no beige or funny colored interiors. Well, that took out 99% of the cars on the market…..

I am going to keep this short but 8 years, many stories later, I found the ONE in spring of 2018 (on the other side of the country of course) from its original owner with only 6K miles and made an offer. Now I have a depleted savings account and a smile on my face.

Here are some pictures at delivery & garage pictures

By this time, I still continue to very casually browse through SS classifieds, BAT and some other places to see if a Yellow will pop up but my hopes are faded and I have no additional funds left to spend on a car. Plus how likely will a unicorn show up at the worst possible time anyway.
      Well, than this happened:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...t=t5r+original

HOLLY COW. Crazy car at a crazy price. Deep inside I am thinking this is too good to be true, it is at a farthest possible location from Seattle (of course) and I have no money. I call couple of friends and they all tell me that I am insane / crazy / etc etc if do not just go buy this car. –I have only been looking for one for over 10 years.

I get in touch with the owner and it is actually his son selling the car (this sounds familiar). But he is a car guy so is the dad (Ken Sr.)and this is their mom’s car located at their Florida summer house. Son (Ken) remembers the day the car got delivered brand new as his mom wanted this exact car and had to have it (She is Swedish BTW). His parents are getting up there in age and they decided to divide up the car collection among all the kids and –No one wanted the Volvo!!!! Ken knows how special the car is but he has his own uber low mile toys.

I ask Ken bunch of questions that we all ask when buying cars and he answers them either with pictures or by asking his dad. Everything checks out and Now THEY ASK me a question: Are you a broker / flipper & etc?? I was actually pleasantly surprised by the question and tell them my Volvo story and convince them, I am who I am. Having said all of that, I had no intentions to go to FL to see the car in person so a friend of mine (Danny – many Volvo guys know who he is) is in the car industry and he sends a person from one of their local dealers to inspect the car and paint meter it.

Ken’s dad freaks out and convinced that I am going to flip this thing and doesn’t want to sell it. Ken convinces his dad that I am who I am and the car is going to a nice home, very nice home.

Price: It is super high, it is pretty much the parents FU price (pardon my french). They have no intention of selling the car but if someone (me) is stupid enough to buy it at that price they will consider it. After going back and forth we agree on a price. They discount it as they don’t think timing belt has ever been done so the price of a timing belt service is the discount I am getting. Meanwhile, I am thinking that there is NO WAY this thing is still on its original timing belt.
      I mean these folks bought a brand new set of yellow stitched floor mats as a back-up, when Ken’s mom scraped one of the Titans, instead of a repair, they bought a new one but never serviced the timing belt?? I am thinking that during one of the dealer visits it must of been done. Sooo, we do the deal and everyone is happy and I am nervous.

As this is happening, I get an unexpected bonus at work and life got pretty cool at that point. May be this was meant to be after all?!?

Danny’s guys went to Ken’s parents’ house with a private transport and loaded the T-5R with an intention of never starting it again due to timing belt uncertainty while in transport. They said that the car will be in front of my house in 3 to 4 days!!!!!! There goes 3 to 4 sleepless days.

3 to 4 days later, I get the call and they are almost to the house.

Here are some pictures from unload and a very long inspection. We kept circling the car over and over again to see if there were any flaws. –Nope! What did I just buy? I have not driven a T-5R in ages. The smell, the noises it makes, it is all coming back. I will never forget that day.

I just bought a 42K mile T-5R from its ORIGINAL owner

1st peek!

The only thing that I wanted to know if it was untouched enough to have the white gloves still in the trunk? CHECK, they are there and never even been opened..... Along with the spare lightly damaged Titan, extra set of brand new T-5R floor-mats and other spare parts.

We drive the car straight up to my garage and Danny pulls the timing belt cover off - Yes, it is date coded 1994 ...... Ok, this thing is not going anywhere.

My ultimate dream becomes reality and I find a pretty emotional hand written card by Gloria and Ken Sr. in the glove-box with all the paperwork asking me to take care of their Yellow Veloow.

This just became a build / restoration / insanity thread !
      Last edited by TG850T5R; 05-21-2020 at 03:45 PM.
      Volvoless in Seattle……………

Yellow 854 T-5R - 42K miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

This just became a build / restoration / insanity thread !

This just keeps getting better!
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

It really does!
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

👋🏻

I remember seeing this car come up on autotrader, over in West Palm iirc, close to me but only a little tempting. Posted it up on the monthly cl thread and there were the typical dispersions cast about, but I had a hunch it was the real deal, cars like that happen down here. Congrats again ...
      2015.5 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Sand, Platinum, Tech, Blis - wifemobile
      2010 S80 T6 Silver/Anthracite, Dynaudio/Nav, Climate, Blis - my dd
      2005 S40 T5 Passion Red/Quartz, Dynamic Package, E46 bixenon retro - garage queen
      2005 S60 2.5T Black/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Climate - son
      Previous: '05 S60 T5, '04 S80 2.5T, '98 V70 T5, '96 854 Platinum

Wow congrats! The yellow does look very mint (except I will say, the pin stripe has gotta go haha). Pretty jealous of your setup, a 911 is my "by the age of 40" goal, except I would be looking for a 993 generation. Does yours have the aero kit? It looks awesome!

Did you get the Alcantara owners manual binder?
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 41k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Past: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 148k, "XC"

Quote Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
      Very cool thread, thank you ... good memories. I remember most of this, theunderlord and exexpat lol. I remember all you yellow guys and had total respect but dearly loved my platinum a little more Sold it to Gary (yellow95) in '07 and dropped off the radar for a long time, and definitely off VS. Never gave up on the Volvo's though. The neighbors think we're crazy.
      I remember your car and platinum is definitely my "other" fav 850.

My neighbors no longer even try to create a conversation around cars when I am out working on them. They might of put me on loony watch list long time ago.
      Last edited by TG850T5R; 05-21-2020 at 02:54 PM.

I remember your car and platinum is definitely my "other" fav 850.

My neighbors no longer even try to create a conversation around cars or when I am out working on them. They might of put me on loony watch list long time ago.
      LOL same. One of my neighbors walked by after I got my T-5R out of winter storage and he's like "what do you do? Fix these up and sell them?" uh, no, these are just our cars "well you don't have to have plates for all of them, do you?" Uh, yeah, because we drive all of them. Just absolutely no concept of what we do, or why we would have more cars on the road than drivers. One of their kids who moved back home recently was out washing their BLACK Nissan whatever the sedan is called.....dad's recommended procedure? "Rinse it off, drive down to the high school and back, and then dry off the wet spots with a dish towel or one of those rags."

Hopefully you at least don't have neighbors like our other ones who are constantly having parties and kicking coronavirus covered soccer balls over the fence at your place.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

This is a wonderful thread, I’m sad no one is talking about the jaguar though!
      In the Garage
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / 135,5xx /
      Quicksilver / 2011 C30 T5 M66 / Silver Metallic + Off Black / 91,6xx

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      It really does!
      It might start getting boring going forward but I will try to keep it up Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      Wow congrats! The yellow does look very mint (except I will say, the pin stripe has gotta go haha). Pretty jealous of your setup, a 911 is my "by the age of 40" goal, except I would be looking for a 993 generation. Does yours have the aero kit? It looks awesome!

Did you get the Alcantara owners manual binder?
      Losing the pin stripes was my #1 thing to do but I realized that they are actually painted on. It is a period correct thing for the US market and I decided not to mess with it, then it grew on me. Unless, I find a very safe way to move them, they will most likely stay on.

Alcantara manual was never given to the original owners and is missing. I am on the hunt for one and would appreciate any leads. (Back in the day I actually had 2 EXTRAS and gave them away thinking I would never own another Yellow )

It might start getting boring going forward but I will try to keep it up Thanks guys.
      Well every 1k miles you have a guaranteed excuse for an odometer picture LOL.

Alcantara manual was never given to the original owners and is missing. I am on the hunt for one and would appreciate any leads. (Back in the day I actually had 2 EXTRAS and gave them away thinking I would never own another Yellow )
      I'm always on the lookout.....but I know you know what these things are worth these days. I don't think I've seen one for sale yet this year. Mine was also missing when I got it (not sure it ever had one, either) and got one for $50 from a T-5R part out about 4 years ago. That just seems beyond unfathomable on so many levels today.

I’m sure we can find you a Alcantara binder at some point. With my yellow wagon, the owner had never even opened it from the bag 😳

The way to remove the painted pin stripe is to polish them off, a bit more advanced than something a “weekend warrior” can do, but it can be done. And luckily the single stage paint on these cars is pretty resilient

See here: https://youtu.be/oewUG_2ei0s

Not sure if you got it or not, but if you want a correct window sticker for your car, you could easily photoshop in your VIN and the original dealership onto mine, that could be pretty cool to have

Well every 1k miles you have a guaranteed excuse for an odometer picture LOL.

It will be 5 more years before this thing will see another 1K miles. I bought it to look at it, smell and detail it

I'm always on the lookout.....but I know you know what these things are worth these days. I don't think I've seen one for sale yet this year. Mine was also missing when I got it (not sure it ever had one, either) and got one for $50 from a T-5R part out about 4 years ago. That just seems beyond unfathomable on so many levels today.
      I know they are impossible to find. It would be super nice to have one before all the Dutch take them away!

I’m sure we can find you a Alcantara binder at some point. With my yellow wagon, the owner had never even opened it from the bag 😳

The way to remove the painted pin stripe is to polish them off, a bit more advanced than something a “weekend warrior” can do, but it can be done. And luckily the single stage paint on these cars is pretty resilient

See here: https://youtu.be/oewUG_2ei0s
      I would love to have the cover. Having Robert make me a new one crossed my mind buy it is not something that urgent and I would rather have a OEM one.

The car was actually at the detail shop couple of months ago to get all the factory clear bra pieces re-done and they told me to leave the stripes alone as apparently no one does them any more and hand painted ones are non-existent.

Not sure if you got it or not, but if you want a correct window sticker for your car, you could easily photoshop in your VIN and the original dealership onto mine, that could be pretty cool to have

Thank You! The car came with its original window sticker / invoice & etc. I am just missing the darn owners manual cover.

I pmed you about the shades BTW

I know they are impossible to find. It would be super nice to have one before all the Dutch take them away!
      HAHAHAHAHA. But for real. More T-5Rs making the move all the time.

This is a wonderful thread, I’m sad no one is talking about the jaguar though!
      Well, it is a Volvo forum.

My other half is more focused and determined than I am. Her fam is into Jags, she loves the XJS' and always wanted one but her dad or any others never owned one. She sees this at the parking lot of her office, happens to know the owner and they have the "if you ever want to sell it" conversation......long story short, she showed up with it at home one day. It is a one owner 1992 V12 w/ 22K miles. It was still on its original tires when she drove it over. I bought another set of wheels & tires for her to be safe clearly. She daily drives it during summers.

First Things First = Stage Zero

Having owned couple of these cars in the past, one can easily create a pretty big shopping list before even seeing the car and that's exactly what I did:

-Full OEM Timing Belt Kit
      -Add Cabin Air Filter & Replace Air Filter
      -Full Tune up - OEM Wires / Plugs / Cap / Thermostat
      -Clean Throttle Body & Replace Gasket
      -Replace wipers (not that this thing will ever see rain again), including headlights
      -Stainless Steel Brake lines
      -Flush all fluids
      -PCV is clean and functioning as designed so we left it alone for the time being.

When I said the car was not going to move an inch befoer timing belt, I meant it. Danny came over and did the entire timing belt service at the house, then, it got registered and went to Daisy Wagon for all fluids to be flushed follwed by my weeks long details.....

Here are some pics in that order.

Waiting for her to burp after new coolant.....and she did just that

This car is going to be all OEM Volvo down to its air-filter...... There was nothing wrong with the old one but I like the blue one better!

And the new / replacement headlight wipers have always been slightly longer than factory originals......Can't have that. So, I saved the originals and used only the blades from the replacements.

All registered and ready for detail!

Looks great! I unplugged my headlight wipers because I don't really drive the car in the rain anyways. Might I suggest throwing in an OEM Volvo battery? Really completes the under the hood look

Let's Detail this thing!

Again back in the day one of the very 1st things I would do would be to order a new rectangle OEM tailpipe. Well, they are NLA....

So, the thing to do is fix / repair the existing one new again! NP.

Lets hit the trunk, spare wheel area next and detail those guys and bring the air-pressure on the spare to spec.

Interior......: It was in new condition to begin with but leather can always use cleaning / conditioning and alcantara can use some of my touch. All responded perfectly, of course.

Next Exterior:

This was a long process and i can get into the details if anyone is interested but it all started with decon, trim removal and preparing the paint for my multi stage correction.

Lets get to work and see the condition of the paint. -It was actually in very good condition for a single stage paint with very minimal oxidation. I decided to use green pad along with very gentle polish to remove swirls, oxidation and other imperfections.

While I was in the middle of all of this, some goodies from George at Viva that they made for the car arrived along with an old style UK plate from Fancy Plates & WA plates. Thanks, George for putting up with me with all of my requests!

.....and the detailing continues.
      Last edited by TG850T5R; 06-04-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Looks great! I unplugged my headlight wipers because I don't really drive the car in the rain anyways. Might I suggest throwing in an OEM Volvo battery? Really completes the under the hood look
      OEM battery is #1 on the list but I feel bad getting rid of a brand new battery that the PO installed. Battery and tires are only things left to do....so far.
      Last edited by TG850T5R; 06-02-2020 at 03:05 PM.

OEM battery is #1 on the list but I feel bad getting rid of a brand new battery that the PO installed. Battery and tires are only things left to do....so far.
      Impressive detailing shots, especially the 50/50 of the hood! I just recently took my door mouldings off to clean it and of course dropped a screw in the rear door. Couldn't find it with a bendable magnet so I bought a few extras from an 850 partout.

I would also add that the small PPF section in front of the rear wheels is an easy cosmetic fix too. I can send you some new Volvo ones if you want, could also be a good template if you wanted to trace them with a better option like xpel or suntek

Impressive detailing shots, especially the 50/50 of the hood! I just recently took my door mouldings off to clean it and of course dropped a screw in the rear door. Couldn't find it with a bendable magnet so I bought a few extras from an 850 partout.

I would also add that the small PPF section in front of the rear wheels is an easy cosmetic fix too. I can send you some new Volvo ones if you want, could also be a good template if you wanted to trace them with a better option like xpel or suntek
      Thank you and we totally sound a like btw. PPF pieces drive me crazy in these cars when they are not replaced.

I totally know what you mean on the trim screws. I use a magnetic tool to make sure that I don't do that but trust me, my old 850s have several screws in their doors.

I should also admit that this thread is about a year behind. All the OEM PPF on the car was recently done along with the entire hood and custom pieces on the front fenders. They are pretty hard to capture on camera but here is how they look. Eventually the thread will catch up to current day Guilty as charged.

Last edited by TG850T5R; 06-02-2020 at 03:29 PM.

This car is much nicer than either of my 850's could dream to be. Good catch and nice work, excited to see what comes in the future. I wish someone would put out a polishing guide on these cars so I could make mine really shine
      In the Garage
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / 135,5xx /
      Quicksilver / 2011 C30 T5 M66 / Silver Metallic + Off Black / 91,6xx

This car is much nicer than either of my 850's could dream to be. Good catch and nice work, excited to see what comes in the future. I wish someone would put out a polishing guide on these cars so I could make mine really shine
      I would be happy to go into details of polishing if there is interest. These cars are actually pretty easy as P80 paint is very good quality.

It doesn't take that much work to get it all dialed in.

I'm definitely curious to hear what you did. My experience has been the same, though; the single stage on these cars has never given me trouble.

If you want to do a zoom video class for everyone about the paint and detailing process. I will let you use my yellow (it needs a good polish) for the class.

LOL

This is awesome! I'd love to come check this out in Seattle sometime, at a distance of course if you wish, or under better circumstances

Great story and thx for sharing. I have contemplated the addition of a yellow to my stable over the past few years, but given that my ultimate objective was an estate and I accepted that my odds are/were admittedly slim, I have demurred taking on a serious search. However, having recently inspected (and drooled over) a local yellow sedan and reading through your story, I am thinking I may now entertain this option as well. I, like you, are a patient person and am willing to wait for the 'right' one to come along, noting that I searched for the better part of three years to find my ES. To this end, JaredR's suggestion to explore the European market is not lost on me. Your detailing prowess is also similar to mine in that clay bar is my friend and one could eat off the doorjambs on any of my vehicles, lol. I once sold a black Xterra to an equally anal individual (he owned a black E30 M3) who commented that now he understood what it would be like to buy a car from himself, which I took as a compliment. Anyways - again, thanks for telling your story - greatly enjoyed!
      1991 VW Vanagon Westfalia - money pit extraordinaire
      Previous - 2004 XC70 - Mountain hauler with 'R' suspension parts - missed greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydiesel View Post
      If you want to do a zoom video class for everyone about the paint and detailing process. I will let you use my yellow (it needs a good polish) for the class.
      Not a zoom class but I can do a quick write up and provide links to the products that I have used.

Car's paint isn't 100% perfect (I am picky) as I won't do aggressive polishing on a single stage paint but it looks pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
      This is awesome! I'd love to come check this out in Seattle sometime, at a distance of course if you wish, or under better circumstances
      Of course! There are several cars & coffee gatherings I try to attend when we are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by dman27 View Post
      Great story and thx for sharing. I have contemplated the addition of a yellow to my stable over the past few years, but given that my ultimate objective was an estate and I accepted that my odds are/were admittedly slim, I have demurred taking on a serious search. However, having recently inspected (and drooled over) a local yellow sedan and reading through your story, I am thinking I may now entertain this option as well. I, like you, are a patient person and am willing to wait for the 'right' one to come along, noting that I searched for the better part of three years to find my ES. To this end, JaredR's suggestion to explore the European market is not lost on me. Your detailing prowess is also similar to mine in that clay bar is my friend and one could eat off the doorjambs on any of my vehicles, lol. I once sold a black Xterra to an equally anal individual (he owned a black E30 M3) who commented that now he understood what it would be like to buy a car from himself, which I took as a compliment. Anyways - again, thanks for telling your story - greatly enjoyed!
      Great story!

Being patience and being financially ready are the two key items. I know there are more of these these cars with low miles laying around on this side of the pond.

EU route is an option of course if you are looking for a "forever" type of a car as their prices are no joke, plus the shipping costs of course.

OK more about the car.

She became a daily driver juuuuuuust for a bit.

My lease was coming to an end on my 535 (best BMW I have owned) and I decided to delay ordering its replacement. I knew BMW was making mid year upgrades in July produced cars so I did not put in my order until July 2019 to make sure I get a July production car. But that meant I did not have a daily until Sep time frame.

The good news is that my commute isn't that long and this would give me some ideas of what 850 needs or how she behaves as a daily driven car...... on sunny days of course. MINI ended up with rainy day duties but we had a great summer overall.

This was the last pic of the 535 I took and BMW Seattle sold her within 2 days of my return. Turning in a leased car is a really weird feeling for sure.

Meanwhile on the daily driver front, here is her 1st tank of gas!!!

We are getting used to each other just fine and I have to keep reminding myself that this car doesn't have all the safety features of the BMW like blind spot monitoring, 6 different cameras, lane assist and park distance control. I know I sound like an idiot but it is amazing how one gets use to technology. Of course none of the other guys in the garage have those type of tech but they are toys and are driven when needed. At the end of the day, all I needed on the 850 was a Bluetooth device to take my calls over. I have this chargeable thing that goes on the visor and that is the only tech I really needed.

Well...... the 1st tank of gas did not go THAT well.

Next morning the garage smelled like if someone was to light a match, we would all go BOOM!

After searching for obvious leaks I was able to pin point what is going on....... - Fuel Pump!

It could of been the seal, cap or the actual pump itself. After inspecting all the lines it was clear that the lines were all fine and the suspect is the pump and its components.

So I decided to replace everything while I am in there.......

And that was it! That was the only glitch she gave me for the 2 months of being my daily driver. She sure brought back bunch of memories and I kept making a list of all the goodies that I wanted to spoiler her with......

By the end of the summer, the replacement car came in (yes, it was delivered untouched with all the plastic) as well as a custom made lingerie for the 850. Just in time for winter storage! I call winter storage an opportunity to install newly acquired parts!!!!

But the Mrs had completely different plans for us all............
      Last edited by TG850T5R; 06-29-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Couple of things that got done over winter storage.

E-Codes, SIPS sticker & some more polishing......

She is getting there......
      Last edited by TG850T5R; 06-30-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Did you PPF the new lenses? I just ordered some new ones from Skandix for my sedan (i'll move my used ones to the wagon) and I think I want to get them protected against rocks and sand

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast