SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Trip Details - Routing, Speed, et al via VOC

14K views 133 replies 21 participants last post by  Pioneer4x4 
#1 ·
The VOC app, with the trip journal turned on, used to display trip details, such the route on a map between A and B, and other info on an iOS device. For the last 18 months +/-, I can no longer view that information. I can see A and B, but I cannot see the actual route, speed, et al.

Has this feature been turned off on an iOS phone? Does it still function on Android? Is there some setting/configuration that disables this feature while in the [Volvo] shop?

I would post screen shots to explain what I am asking if it worked, but it does not.

Thanks in advance for any info.

#63 ·
I guess that's good news - although not for me. When did you have your car software updated? Mine is probably a year old at this point (not sure if the problem is mobile client, car software or some combo)

#65 ·
Android,
On call version v 4.6.9

still not working.

/kleks

#67 · (Edited)
Performance details and routing are still not working for my MY16 XC90 T8 with July 2, 2020 TSU on my iPhone X with iOS 13.6 and VOC app v4.8.8.

Just drove today.

It may be unique toMY16s or my car and/or a handful of XC90s. Just waiting for the Oct/Nov update now but glad to hear that it is working for some.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#70 ·
So why did it previously work and then was removed?

#73 ·
Why only T8's when other cars (T6 and T5) also lost the capability? What is different about T8's in this regard that means only they get this fixed?

#74 · (Edited)
Good question. I was not aware it of the T8 only limitation until the discussion in this thread.

A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#78 ·
Same issue - I believe it was the last software update

Mine stopped working on 7/18/20 in the middle of the day, and that was the same day my XC60 T8 was in for service. The trip to the dealer had all the details and the trip home did not. I spoke with someone at VOC and they said nothing changed on their end, so I figure it must have been the software update they did during the service. I sure wish they would bring that feature back!! It definitely causes a wow response when you show it to a non-Volvo person.

#80 ·
I think you asked for this previously. Unfortunately I didn't think to take screen shots when it was working because I didn't know it would stop working in the future (chicken and egg)!

I can assure you that is did work in late 2018 early 2019 after I first bought my car

#81 ·
If you lost it less than 100 days ago, and you have journal logging enabled, you should be able go back in time.

Not that I don't believe you BTW.... More of the "if I make an issue out of something, better have the evidence"

#82 ·
T8 here, mine never worked.

/kleks

#83 ·
Although my car has been at the dealer for a while now, my performance data has been consistently displayed for a week now. I am not yet sure what the fix was but I hope to learn early next week when I expect to pick it up.

A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#84 ·
2019, TO V90cc here, and the map tracking data worked for me. I'm not entirely sure when it stopped, as I wasn't using it frequently, but I was definitely aware that it went away. I thought it was a cool feature when we first got the car, then later noticed that it stopped showing the route information.

#85 · (Edited)
Today, I picked up my MY16 XC90 T8 from the dealer for an extended service that mostly involved the hybrid system. My performance data is now consistently appearing in my VOC App on my iPhone.

The resolution involved a VCM reload and a BECM reload. On the BECM side, the write-up stated, "I lost communication to BECM. Tested power and ground and found a high resistance in ground circuit of the BECM, repaired the high resistance and gained communication to system." My understanding from the tech that the high resistance was because the ground was not secured. (I assume that this might be unique to my vehicle - e.g., repairs, but who knows for sure.)

Update: My performance data was fine yesterday, but now it is suspect as you can see from the screen shot below. Having driven 30+ miles over 50 min., I know that the T8 consumed both fuel and hybrid battery power as well as regenerated some hybrid power. I am thinking there continues to be a communication issue from my car to VOC. Also, I do not have any Internet today but I did yesterday. My maps never finish installing OTA yesterday and should have on an hour long trip back home. Looks like a call or visit to the dealer again this coming week.

#87 ·
No change on my iOS 14.4 / VOC 4.9. It is still working fine since Sept. 2020 update and VCM update.

I am seeing the route details, speeds and graphs. Just now looked at one of my drives yesterday.

Are you clicking on the map preview that shows A and B? When was your last software update? I can go back and look at the details regarding VCM in f it is not in a post above.

A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#88 ·
Software is updated last Dec., pretty recently. I only see the A and B circles, but no line between them for the route traveled. Well, not very important to me. Just to check if it is known issue or something on server side.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

#90 ·
I do not see the line between A and B on the preview, but I do see it once I click on the preview map.

A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#91 ·
What does that mean exactly? I thought we were expecting this to get fixed at the end of 2020.

When should we expect extended trip details to be restored? Is there something else we should be doing to help you get this fixed?

#92 ·
Anyone have any updates on this. My car got a full software update in mid March and still the detailed route map does not show. (It used to when I got the car in late 2018/early 2019).

#94 · (Edited)
My MY16 XC90 T8 has been working fine with trip journal turned on. The performance data is there once you click on the map that contains points A and B.

On both iOS and Android, I do not see the route on the map until after I click on
A. the route map for iOS; or
B. a start (A) or stop (B)address on Android.

See posts 85 and 87 for refresher. VCM was one of my issues that was replaced.

#95 ·
Definitely still not working for me. I've toggled Journal on and off multiple times. Tried hitting everything I can think of in the app. I'm on Android 9 and latest VOC app and full car software upgrade from March.

I'm sure someone will say it's only supposed to work for T8 (why?) but it used to work on this car (2018 V90 T5)

#96 ·
My trip journal performance details has never returned from when it stopped working a year ago.

I would like this function back.

#98 ·
The only problem with that is that after a recent full software update (car and phone) and turning on/off journal it still doesn't work (!)

#99 · (Edited)
Yes, and you keep on posting and acknowledging that it worked. I keep on saying it shouldn't and it's not supported on anything other than a T8's/PHEV. Unfortunately, I can't help your specific case.. But, we're working on getting the ability available for everyone.

#105 ·
Got car back with the latest software update today. Still don't see speed details in driving journal. Do I need to disable driving journal for 24hr and enable again?

Another thing is that it shows the right car color only when plugged-in. Otherwise it shows a black car.

#106 · (Edited)
That is weird - showing right color only when plugged in. Plugging in my iPhone or my EV charger has no effect on color. (I just had to check.)

What happens if you do the following:
1. Open VOC
2. Click on Car icon at the bottom
3. Click on Driving Journal assuming it is enabled.
4. Click on any recent trip
5. Click on the map

Do you see any map details and graphs at the bottom? Click on any of the icons for Mph, et al to see different graphs. Anything?

Oh, do not disable your driving journal until you download the last number of days (100) if that is important to you. I lost my driving journal data from my phone and I believe the server once I disabled the Driving Journal. (No harm foe me.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#107 ·
I will wait for WhataVolvo to comment.

The map in driving journal history only shows point A and B. Nothing when I click on them.

The plugin then show red color happened to be right to me. haha. I will use it as easy check if cable is plugged in.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

#108 ·
Since you have an Android -- I would suggest you uninstall the app completely. For good measure, you can clear cache, etc... ahead of time. Then reinstall (make sure to select the US region, if on the 5.2.X branches). You should turn off the driving journal before un-install, after backing up the trip history if you need it.

It's probably just best to try and start from a clean slate, considering all of the changes from old design, new design, old software, new software, etc...

#111 · (Edited)
Thanks for the details and time for posting so much. A quick pointer to user settings is good enough for me.

But I am toasted now after clean reinstall the app. It asks me to pair my car VIN again. But it doesn't accept the original PIN from Volvo.

Seems I will need to call VoC team.

#112 ·
Thanks for the details and time for posting so much. A quick point to user settings is good enough for me.

But I am toasted now after clean reinstall the app. It asks me to pair my car VIN again. But it doesn't accept the original PIN from Volvo.

Seems I will need to call VoC team.

You should not need a PIN for North America. When you attempt to login, change your location from Europe to North America/US. You can then login as you normally did.

Note: Europe is currently defaulted.

#115 ·
I just checked this morning and Volvo Cars (VOC) Android 5.3.0 has not been pushed out to my phone. I tried to pull it but no luck yet.

V5.2.3 “should” work fine though. It does for me.

#116 ·
After enabling driving journal again, trip history is still there and it still doesn't show speed along route. Haven't driven a new trip but those trips since getting back from dealer are same like this. I don't think future trips would be different and suddenly works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.