2004 S80 BCM vin locked?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2004 S80 BCM vin locked?

Is the BCM on a 2004 S80 vin locked? IE any way I can take another BCM, swap it in, and have it work correctly without a dealership visit? Something I can do with Vida?

Thanks
      C

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cklamp View Post
      Is the BCM on a 2004 S80 vin locked? IE any way I can take another BCM, swap it in, and have it work correctly without a dealership visit? Something I can do with Vida?
      If a used module you install does not work (communicate with the others) a dealership or anyone else cannot reprogram it using VIDA. A company such as xemodex can. They could also tell you if a used unit would work in your car.

Yeah, I think we're going to have to go the xemodex route. The BCM is known bad, but dealership wants 1500$ or something like that to replace it. Too much for a 3k car.

I was just hoping there was a chance it could\would be worth trying a 50$ used unit before having the car sit for a week or two while waiting for the Xemodex unit.

Thanks
      C

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I have a few for sale in the Classifieds for 2002, ad 2003-3004, but first check the fuse that supplies power to the BCM. Its in the CEM just above the drivers left knee to the left of the headlight control.

If its a BCM swap they are pretty straightforward, one does not need to undo the antilock brake lines/pluming.

Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
      I have a few for sale in the Classifieds for 2002, ad 2003-3004, but first check the fuse that supplies power to the BCM. Its in the CEM just above the drivers left knee to the left of the headlight control.

If its a BCM swap they are pretty straightforward, one does not need to undo the antilock brake lines/pluming.
      Thanks, i'm not certain the unit is fault anymore... I suspect it is, but I have it in my driveway now and Vida is reporting two BCM codes a BCM-0076 Control module faulty configuration and a BCM-0103 pedal position sensor fault signal.

It's also reporting a few different CEM codes CEM-1D04 ecm software fault signal, CEM-E000 control module communication fault communication, CEM-1A61 communication wtih TCM control module signal missing.

So, i'm not entirely sure what the issue is now.. The dealership wanted to replace the BCM entirely for 2300$ but that's a lot of money for a car that is only worth about 2400$.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... send the BCM and\or CEM to Xemodex?

Later
      C

having the car sit for a week or two while waiting for the Xemodex unit
      I've ordered many reman Xemodex control units in the early afternoon eastern time and received them the next day using overnight shipping. Customers car is only in the shop for two days.
      Last edited by hoonk; 05-04-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
      I've ordered many reman Xemodex control units in the early afternoon eastern time and received them the next day using overnight shipping. Customers car is only in the shop for two days.
      Yeah, their service seems pretty quick... but, i'm just not entirely convinced this is a faulty BCM at this point after pulling the codes myself and i'd rather not spend 749$ of a family members money plus whatever shipping, etc, to get this remanufactured and find out the issues are still there when the care is only worth 2400$ or so.

This particular dealership doesn't want to diagnose further until the BCM is replaced. They've been pretty cool with charges and not doing unnecessary work so far, but I might have to try another dealership and see what they suggest.

Later
      C

Thanks
      C
      From what I’ve gotten and switching between models in my two 2004 MY S80’s if the modules are the same years it should work. Don’t quote me, just my experience.
      Janet Jackson is truly 'UNBREAKABLE'. My heartbeat. LOVE you for LIFE JANET!!!

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements