SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Default Media Source?

6K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  memokc 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2018 Momentum used to keep the default media source on start up (aka AM/FM, Sirius XM, Bluetooth audio) as the last selected/used before the car was shut off. I recently traded this car in for a 2020 R Design, and the 2020 seems to always default back to FM radio on start, no matter what I had selected on the last drive. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to change what the default is? Sometimes it is nice to just get in the car and have music streaming from my device via Bluetooth streaming without having to plug it in for CarPlay, especially on short drives. Thanks!

#5 ·
This does not happen to me either. I only use Sensus Spotify and it stays on that media source for me always.

#6 ·
I made sure my driver profile was unlocked, and paired it to my key. Tried setting it to Bluetooth audio and shut down/locked, then started up again and it worked! Not sure why it wasn't doing this before...maybe just a fluke. I'll check again in the morning. Thanks for the help y'all!

#7 ·
That's really bizarre. I just picked up a 2020 Inscription and it remembers last selected media source... Maybe resetting Sensus settings to default would help?

#8 ·
Thanks for your reply. I think the first few times was because the profile wasn't paired with the key? Maybe after it was a fluke. Just tested it tonight and it seemed to work. Congrats on your new XC60!

#9 ·
I have a sort of related problem. Sensus does remember which media source (Sirius, USB, etc.) however sometimes it does not remember which USB port I was using. I have USB audio sticks in both ports. Sometimes it remembers which USB port I was playing and sometimes it does not. I am the only driver, always use the same FOB. I can be playing music from USB 1, turn the car off and when I restart it will start playing from USB 2 or vice versa.

#14 ·
My '19 XC60 plays the source used last. If it was the FM radio, it plays the radio, if it was my audiobook on the usb drive, that continues just where it left off.

#16 ·
2020 here, also confirming the same with the rest. glad you sorted it out.

#21 ·
I wish that Sensus used the same file folder structure on the USB like on a computer. I have all my music grouped into folders but not every song file necessarily has the artist, album, etc. set on the properties so it makes it a pain to try and find music sometimes.

#29 ·
I have a 2019 V90 which remembered last audio source when I restarted it during my first year of ownership. My first service was early November 2019 and (Nov. 2019) major update was not out yet. In March, 2020, the driver door was not unlocking with touch sensors. They installed the current software updates including driver door (that fixed the door lock issue) and since then the audio defaults to FM "muted" if I was using any source other than FM prior to shut off. I haven't tried to change defaults but I will look into it now.

#30 ·
Thanks for the reply. Based on what others have said too, it looks like it was a recent software update that did this. Makes no sense to me why anyone would want this. I've noticed mine is also on mute when I start the car. Didn't realize it until you mentioned it. Really hope they change it back.

#31 ·
Had the software update done for my car last week due to the recall. No issues here, media stays in bluetooth.. or carplay provided that its connected, like before.

#32 ·
Interesting. I've tested mine a bunch. My car will hold the last used selection if I don't use CarPlay in between and shut the car off. For example, if I use Bluetooth audio ONLY during a drive and shut the car off, it will remain on Bluetooth audio on the next start up. However, if I have Bluetooth audio selected, decide to plug in my phone for CarPlay, and then shut off the car, it will default back to FM on the next start up. If I unplug CarPlay during the same drive that I was on while Bluetooth audio was selected, it will go back to Bluetooth audio, so long as the car is not shut off while CarPlay is activated. Confusing, I know. It's annoying to have to go back and select Bluetooth audio if/when I want to use it, but I don't think there is a fix/this may not even be a "problem." Because other people have had the same experience, I think this may be a change from some software update. Are you in the US? Maybe it's a change for the US Market?

#41 ·
Yes this has started happening to mine as well! I have cleared ALL the setting back to a factory reset and went in and started from scratch saving profiles etc.and nothing works on my 2019 S 90Inscription! I have had it for almost a year and after I took kit in for its 40K service, and Now i have THIS!!! I haven't listened to a teristrial radio staion in so long I can't even remember!! Sirrius XM or CArplay and tha is ALL!! So f-ing annoying for the price of these cars! I have called VOLVO customer service and they don't know sh#t about it adn act likethey have NEVER had anyone call in about this issue! WHATEVER, I just want the damn theing to work properly and not just make an executive decision to swith MY vehicle to FM!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.