Where in the world is Carmen... ??
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone waiting for deliveries in next 2-4 weeks ?

Carmen left Zeebruge on 4/24 09:26, and should be arriving in Baltimore 5/7 16:00 ( times in UTC), so less than 24 hours.

Still out of range of MarineTraffic Terrestrial Automatic Identification System....

Patience - what is this ?

/kleks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

And vesselfinder.com can see it - about 250 miles NE from entry into Chesapeake Bay.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9505027

/kleks

Vessel could be out of range of the tracking system you are using. Is there a way you can track arrivals at the Baltimore Port?
      Current Rides:
      2020 XC60 OSD Direct Shipment. Pending arrival at dealer
      2018 V60CC T5 OSD, Mussel Blue, My Wheels
      2014 XC60, Black CPO. Daughter's Car.

Previous Rides:
      2016 XC60 AWD T6, OSD, Flamenco Red Metallic. Wife's Car.
      2014 XC70, OSD, Seashell Metallic. My Wheels.
      2010 XC60 OSD, Orinoco Blue Metallic. Wife's Car
      2007 S40T5, Black, CPO. Daughter's Car

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      Vessel could be out of range of the tracking system you are using. Is there a way you can track arrivals at the Baltimore Port?
      Not that I am aware of for Port Arrivals; east coast is covered by MTAIS, so once the vessel is closer to coast it should show up. What is annoying is that there was one pind on the vesselfinder yesterday, but now it is back to showing it in Celtic sea.

We shall see.

/kleks

Well, Astra Paging / VTexplorer were kind enough to provide me with free trial of their tracking software. I can see via satellite feed that Carmen is located west of entry into Cheasepake bay, heading 244deg, at 9.6 kn. Eta Baltimore 8 pm Today - i doubt that, but it is getting closer.

Big thanks and props to Astra Paging / VT explorer team for generous help. If anyone is as OCD as I am, and want to spend a few $$ in future for tracking vessels - try them. Looks like nice team, and support comes from Bulgaria.

/kleks

Quote Originally Posted by Kleks View Post
      Well, Astra Paging / VTexplorer were kind enough to provide me with free trial of their tracking software. I can see via satellite feed that Carmen is located west of entry into Cheasepake bay, heading 244deg, at 9.6 kn. Eta Baltimore 8 pm Today - i doubt that, but it is getting closer.

Big thanks and props to Astra Paging / VT explorer team for generous help. If anyone is as OCD as I am, and want to spend a few $$ in future for tracking vessels - try them. Looks like nice team, and support comes from Bulgaria.

/kleks

I don't even want to know the number of times I've checked the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking website since my car was built in March....it's reached unhealthy levels

I've been checking all day, and myvesseltracker.com hadn't been showing any updates, but MDicnMan was nice enough to send me an update that it was actually about to come into the Chesapeake Bay. It's passing right by where I live, too bad it can't make a special stop in Newport News.
      2020 XC60 T5 Momentum Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile

The image handling here is ....ancient to be kind.

Vessel is 20-25 miles east of entry into Chesapeake, just turning west, at 10 kn.

/kleks
      Last edited by Kleks; 05-07-2020 at 04:21 PM.

vesselfinder has it visible.

also:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...:327524/zoom:9

/kleks
      Last edited by Kleks; 05-07-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Carmen is moored in Port Baltimore. Now customs, transport and we can pick up our cars.

/kleks

Carmen is moored in Port Baltimore. Now customs, transport and we can pick up our cars.

/kleks
      Yes, she moored late last night, behind schedule. You are picking up in port!?!
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MDicnMan View Post
      Yes, she moored late last night, behind schedule. You are picking up in port!?!
      Nope... notice transport. We are picking most likely in NC, from University Volvo. Bob is the angel who was blowing the wind into carmen sails :-).
      Still discussing in house if we will drive from FL to NC or ask for the car to be delivered here.

/kleks

Nope... notice transport. We are picking most likely in NC, from University Volvo. Bob is the angel who was blowing the wind into carmen sails :-).
      Still discussing in house if we will drive from FL to NC or ask for the car to be delivered here.

/kleks

I am picking mine up in Charlotte as well, however I ordered mine at Volvo of Charlotte. Great people so far to deal with! Wish I would have been able to do an OSD...Maybe next time!

This is what my car is showing: Not sure exactly what it means?

Status Status Location Date
      LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 08-05-2020 16:26:47
      CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 08-05-2020 00:00:00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTXC60 - where do you see it ? ( Web site, application ? )

Looks like yours is off the ship and waiting for customs.

/kleks

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps/?fr...102DK3L1581162

Use this link, and replace my VIN at the end of the URL with yours and you can see the current status

Aaaarggghhh. It is not working in Chrome, but it is working in Safari !

Finally see it.

Still on the ship in my case.

Thanks, and good luck !

/kleks

Bump-Anyone on the Carmen get the call that there car is here yet??

One is already at the dealership (XC40), mine is in a que for tracking, cleared customs.

Check this thread:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...liveries/page4

/kleks
      --
      2020 XC60 T8 Polestarred Orca - Arctic white/black/black. Did I miss any option ?
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.
      C43 AMG - exuberance of the youth
      1996 S70 T5 - mech special.
      Honda V70 Magna, Yamaha FJ1200, Honda CBR 1100XX x 2, Honda CBR 900RR, BMW R1200GS, BMW R1200GSA... you need acceleration ? get two wheels.
      Wanna race ? Let's go to Anchorage and back.

Quote Originally Posted by JTXC60 View Post
      Bump-Anyone on the Carmen get the call that there car is here yet??
      Still waiting to hear from IFF.

Got my mail from IFF today, and confirmation from dealer that the car is in tracking que - we shall see when it arrives to NC

/kleks
      --
      2020 XC60 T8 Polestarred Orca - Arctic white/black/black. Did I miss any option ?
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.
      Honda V70 Magna, Yamaha FJ1200, Honda CBR 1100XX x 2, Honda CBR 900RR, BMW R1200GS, BMW R1200GSA... you need acceleration ? get two wheels.

Kleks,

Picking mine up at 10 tomorrow morning. Phew!! Seems like a long time, but I am sure worth it. Dropped off at the FDC on March 16th and picked up at my dealership on May 16th. I will look into ceramic coating. Here in Maryland we get a lot of rain and snow/ice. They use way too much salt on the roads in the winter. Bird droppings and tree leaves/sap are a constant problem. If ceramic coating means I do not have to deal with washing and waxing as much or at all for a year, then it might well be worth it, but not at the cost of $1,999 a treatment. $1,999 buys a lot of touches car washes and waxes and even more hand-washing and waxing. Anyone have any recommendations for places here in Maryland that do a really good job. I assume my dealer is overcharging me for the service. Also, for those who have had it done, how many days did they keep your car before it was ready? Thanks.

raypan1,

congrats on tomorrow pickup. Mine was released to trucking company, so now waiting for the word from dealer when he has it.
      I know what you are talking about - till last year I was living in VA close to DC in Loudoun county. Sap, pollen, snow, salt, grime - I know it all. You'd think that Volvo has some magic affinity to tree pollen - every spring it looks like it is coated.
      Enjoy to volvo, post some pics.

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by rapayn1 View Post
      Kleks,

Picking mine up at 10 tomorrow morning. Phew!! Seems like a long time, but I am sure worth it. Dropped off at the FDC on March 16th and picked up at my dealership on May 16th. I will look into ceramic coating. Here in Maryland we get a lot of rain and snow/ice. They use way too much salt on the roads in the winter. Bird droppings and tree leaves/sap are a constant problem. If ceramic coating means I do not have to deal with washing and waxing as much or at all for a year, then it might well be worth it, but not at the cost of $1,999 a treatment. $1,999 buys a lot of touches car washes and waxes and even more hand-washing and waxing. Anyone have any recommendations for places here in Maryland that do a really good job. I assume my dealer is overcharging me for the service. Also, for those who have had it done, how many days did they keep your car before it was ready? Thanks.
      I saw your post in the other thread, I would decline their $1,999 paint protection package. ECP is a brand of dealer only vehicle protection/warranties that are highly marked up by the dealer. From my previous experience working at a dealership, my guess would be that their cost would be in the $200-$500 range for the application of the product and the warranty associated with it.

As far as protection options there are:
      Paint Protection Films (PPF)- This is applied to the front of the vehicle/high impact areas that can be chipped/damaged by rocks and other road debris. This is a clear film applied to the vehicle that has a life of 5-10 years. Expect prices to be in the 1-2k range based on the amount of coverage.
      Ceramic Coatings- A ceramic coating puts a protective layer on the vehicle similar to a wax but lasting much longer. It enhances gloss and can protect the paint from environmental damage. However, it does not offer any protection against rock chips, etc. Another benefit is it makes washing/drying easier.
      I would find a professional detailer and discuss options with them. Pricing would be in the $500-$2,000 range. The quality you will get from a professional detailer will be much higher than what the dealership will do.

Hope this helps!

Kleks,

Dropped off at the FDC on March 16th and picked up at my dealership on May 16th.
      2 months from drop off till delivery is great. One advantage of living in a Port city. Enjoy the ride.
      OSD ordered 2017 XC90 Inscription Luminous Sand with Blonde Leather and Charcoal carpet, 234 wheels, Convenience, Climate with HUD, Vision, B&W Sound, Polestar and air suspension

JTXC60,

Yeah, I decided to decline. I think I can find a reputable shop somewhere else that can do it just as good (perhaps better) for less. The film sounds like a good option since it last 5-10 years and ceramic will need to be done annually. $2K annually seems a steep price to pay to have the XC40 always look showroom brand new and have most dirt just roll off the car without the need to toil with washing and waxing by hand. Thanks for the advice.

Jtriebe,

I guess in hindsight that 2-months wasn't too bad. It is 6-months if you count from the moment I put my $3K deposit down until I was handed the keys to the car for the final time.

Jtriebe,

I guess in hindsight that 2-months wasn't too bad. It is 6-months if you count from the moment I put my $3K deposit down until I was handed the keys to the car for the final time.
      Hi rapayn1,

2 months is pretty good, and even 6 months end to end! Our experience was 3 months from drop-off to dealer pickup, and a total of 8 months from deposit. Of course, our XC40 went through customs on the west coast which added to that total time. End result however is fantastic; a very memorable trip AND a great ride. We absolutely love the car!!

Enjoy your new car ;-)
      Last edited by drboo; 05-17-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo
      2019 XC40 T5 Inscription (OSD), Luminous Sand, Adv, Prem, Vis, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Packages, Harmon Kardon, Four-C Active Chassis
      2012 S60 T5

Drboo,

These are truly 1st world problems for sure. I don't want to sound too whiny. The 2-months was also during the Coronavirus pandemic. So, it could have easily taken longer for sure. Definitely enjoyed the trip to both Denmark and Sweden. Would go again if the opportunity presents itself and the global situation returns somewhat to normal.

They’re on the move! Just passed a truck load of Volvo SUVs headed south on my way home from work. Still no word about mine. I couldn’t turn my head fast enough to see what exactly was on the truck.

They’re on the move! Just passed a truck load of Volvo SUVs headed south on my way home from work. Still no word about mine. I couldn’t turn my head fast enough to see what exactly was on the truck.

And you did NOT turn over to film him or to jump onto truck fast & furious style to capture vins??? Major fail my friend...
      (Joking mode off)

Hope that is the load heading to Charlotte.

Have fun this weekend!!
      /kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

Anyone got her/his car from Carmen delivery ?

Still waiting for call from dealer that the XC60 is there..

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

Anyone got her/his car from Carmen delivery ?

Still waiting for call from dealer that the XC60 is there..

/kleks

Nope! I was told on Saturday when I checked that they had received the invoice for my car from Volvo on Thursday and that the cars usually arrive shortly after that.(Mine was a US delivery)
      Friday will be 4 weeks since the Carmen arrived, hard to believe how long it's taking!

Nope! I was told on Saturday when I checked that they had received the invoice for my car from Volvo on Thursday and that the cars usually arrive shortly after that.(Mine was a US delivery)
      Friday will be 4 weeks since the Carmen arrived, hard to believe how long it's taking!
      Carmen was in Baltimore on 5/9, so not a month yet ( I know, it feels like much longer... ).

So I'd expect vehicles to show at dealership this week.
      We shall see.

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

Carmen was in Baltimore on 5/9, so not a month yet ( I know, it feels like much longer... ).

So I'd expect vehicles to show at dealership this week.
      We shall see.

/kleks
      Sorry I meant next Friday is a month... It's hard to believe it's taken so long. Have you heard anything today?
      The targeted ETA my dealer had was between 5/16-5/22.

Yeah, not the best news - port has limited staffing, and they did stop on trucking waiting for storm to pass over. Most likely next week...

keeping fingers crossed, drinking beer.

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast