Vanity plate contenders, please weigh in! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by carreragt7 View Post
      Haha, Postman. Yes, vanity plates are pointless, as are most things in life. 😉 Iíd put NHILIST on a plate but pretty sure theyíd reject it as someone would be offended.

Oh, a nihilist. That must be exhausting.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Premier T5 (2.0T Drive-E) FWD (with a new engine)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Glad you got the reference! It really tied the topic together, did it not?
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Current- 15 V60 T6 AWD RD Platinum P* Tuned
      Graveyard/Parts Bin/Projects:
      05 S40 T5 AWD GT Satin Pearl White
      06 V50 T5 AWD GT
      07 V50 T5 AWD M66

So I have a rebel blue v60 and I've thought about doing something like SMRFWGN ( blue like the Smurfs and because I'm only 5'5" haha )
      2015.5 V60 R Design Platinum w/ Polestar Tune
      Elevate Rear Sway Bar
      Powerflex Race Torque Rod Inserts
      Magnaflow 11265 Muffler w/ 4" Tips
      Philips Extreme Vision D3S HIDs
      Interior LED Swap
      10MM/15MM Spacers
      25% Tint

Summer:
      Current: 235/40R19 Continental PureContact LS
      Previous: 245/40R19 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
      19" Ixion IIs

Winter:
      235/40R19 Continental VikingContact 7
      19" XC40 31445813 5 Spokes

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Currently sporting WRS WLDO.

Itís leftover from the MINI Cooper that I ordered In 2008. Was given a production number upon I order, so was obsessing daily ďwhereís my car, whereís my carĒ. Then Whereís Waldo popped into my head. I was not really a big fan of the books, but when I realized the car I ordered was red with white stripes, then car then became Waldo!

Boy, did I get some terrific reactions with that car and plate. Countless times I got great reactions from people who saw and got it. Iíd be sitting at a light, and see the driver look in the rear view mirror, then tap their passenger, passenger then turned back to look, and both started laughing.

Since I moved on from that car, Iíve just never paid the price to change. Plus itís actually a little more appropriate now, in that I really DONíT know where Waldo is anymore!
      2020 XC60 T5 AWD Inscription with Advanced and Luxury package in Denim Blue with Blond interior

Love those both! They give a little personality to the car without much cost.

I also like to give my vehicles names, haven’t sorted out what the V60’s name is yet.
      06 V50 T5 AWD GT
      07 V50 T5 AWD M66

Here is mine on my RD

2012 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar Tune
      • H&R Lowering Springs
      • Elevate Sway Bar
      • Elevate Carbon Fibre Intake
      • Alexander Performance Turbo-back Exhaust
      • Hilton Stage 2+
      • Polestar Accessories

1997 960 Wagon

Follow my builds at http://www.boostmoose.com

Quote Originally Posted by moyni View Post
      Here is mine on my RD

Maybe a little less likely to get a ticket with that plate?!
      2017 Volvo S60 Dynamic AWD

I was going to get VULVO but my wife vetoed it!
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
      Maybe a little less likely to get a ticket with that plate?!
      Yeah, having the bigger downpipe, no cats, and just a muffler for sound combined with the illegal tint and bright blue color I use anything that helps. Never once had a run in with the police here though. Only time I ever got pulled over in it was when I was still on NJ tags and back in NJ visiting family. Those local yokels have nothing better to do than give tickets for tints, plates, etc.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar Tune
      • H&R Lowering Springs
      • Elevate Sway Bar
      • Elevate Carbon Fibre Intake
      • Alexander Performance Turbo-back Exhaust
      • Hilton Stage 2+
      • Polestar Accessories

1997 960 Wagon

Follow my builds at http://www.boostmoose.com

Chris

1966 122S B-18D/M40 4-dr, Sea Green/Brown
      2007 XC90 3.2 AWD, Shadow Blue/Graphite Gray
      2012 Audi A6 3.0T quattro, Aviator Blue/Brown

"The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

My Handle here on Swedespeed is on my S40. Had it for years-many, many comments. People love it and also it gives a donation to California Arts programs.
      My C70 has the plate that my very fast, little and light Miata had. I was there - But you really didnít see me. It was more applicable on the little Miata- but I still like it. And the C70 is still a convertible so I kept it. Now read it fast- donít think about it and donít break it up into 2 syllables. Read it as if - I passed you in a blur, and you kinda missed it but didnít.
      FIXTION.
      2011 S40 T5 Polestar-Barents-Convector Wheels/BLIS/R Type Spoiler
      2011- C70-T5 - Polestar--Electric Silver-Loaded- except Blis

1987- Vanagon Westy Camper

I wanted to get Tardis for mine. Since I got the S90 in Magic Blue. My first few guests in the car gasped "this thing is huge inside".. so that went along with the Tardis "it's bigger on the inside" and I got the dark blue. I might still do it. It did however get nicknamed LingLing, a character from the cartoon Drawn Together, since the S90 was made in China. So now all together it's LingLing the Tardis.

Looking nice and shiny. I bet your Amazon is feeling a bit neglected by having no cars and coffee events to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Csm22 View Post

I was just about to talk about the Amazon, too! I love that color and it’s obviously been well taken care of. Feel free to post more pics of it, it’s a beaut. Definitely in my bucket list to own one of those some day in sedan or wagon form. I can google it, but if you don’t mind sharing what is the name of that color? I want to make note of it so I have it for a future project.

Edit: midnight blue?
      06 V50 T5 AWD GT
      07 V50 T5 AWD M66

SAFENSLO - Always loved that one
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Zombies would be sweet on an apocalyptic truck or suv, like an original humvee.
      Ironically it was on a normal sedan (Toyota Corolla) with pet stickers... See Image....Follow by a picture of a Duct Tape Car I spotted.. I think those Zombies might have gotten to it first. Volvo take note of 21st century Safety features! Who needs a door when Duct Tape can save the day!

zombiess.jpg

Zombie.jpg
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 05-20-2020 at 06:10 PM.

I was just about to talk about the Amazon, too! I love that color and itís obviously been well taken care of. Feel free to post more pics of it, itís a beaut. Definitely in my bucket list to own one of those some day in sedan or wagon form. I can google it, but if you donít mind sharing what is the name of that color? I want to make note of it so I have it for a future project.

This P1800 usually keeps him company

volvo.jpg
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 05-20-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Looking nice and shiny. I bet your Amazon is feeling a bit neglected by having no cars and coffee events to attend.
      Yeah, she's been kinda lonely, especially with her refurbed engine bay from over the winter. Drives better than ever, too. Gotta settle for those parking lot moments when people drive across to see the strange car.

High degree of suckage without Cars & Coffee, but if that's my biggest complaint, we got nothin.'
      Chris

I was just about to talk about the Amazon, too! I love that color and itís obviously been well taken care of. Feel free to post more pics of it, itís a beaut. Definitely in my bucket list to own one of those some day in sedan or wagon form. I can google it, but if you donít mind sharing what is the name of that color? I want to make note of it so I have it for a future project.

Color is 115, Sea Green. One of those chameleon colors that changes with light and angle. Not an Amazon color, but at least its genetically correct from MY '73 1800ES.

Better examples of the color in my build thread:

'66 122S Midlife Makeover

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t
      Chris

This P66 usually keeps him company

volvo.jpg
      I love that 1800S... mostly (if not completely) original, too.
      Chris

I love that 1800S... mostly (if not completely) original, too.
      D'OH 1800. Googled as I couldn't remember and it came up as a P66, but on second look, it said P1800. Typing in haste.

Yeah, she's been kinda lonely, especially with her refurbed engine bay from over the winter. Drives better than ever, too. Gotta settle for those parking lot moments when people drive across to see the strange car.

High degree of suckage without Cars & Coffee, but if that's my biggest complaint, we got nothin.'
      Park her on the driveway facing the street and let those passerby's give her all the missed attention. In due time Cars and Coffee will let you showcase her updates!

IIRC, that 1800S was a Ď66, so thatís what you were probably thinking.
      Chris

Svenska is another idea. Swedish for "Swedish".
      Slight correction on that: Svenska is either the language "Swedish" or a female from Sweden. A "Svensk" is either a Swedish man or Swedish citizen. Confusing enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      As a vanity plate owner (the exact same two pieces of metal I got originally) for 34 years now, I can say they are worth the fun. They've been on 6 cars now.
      Could care less what others think of them. I like them and that's what counts.
      If it makes you happy, get 'em!
      I have 3 cars, all have vanity plates. It started as a way of remembering my license plate (when I just had one car) - I couldn't remember what it was when I went over to a friend's gated community and the guard asked for my license plate every time and there was none on the front of the car, not required in TN. And since I couldn't remember it, he had to walk to the back of the car every time and I felt bad about it...

Just thought of a few things regarding vanity plates: I believe that foreign words are not allowed, and the maximum number of characters is 7. At least that's the case in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by thorgoth View Post
      Slight correction on that: Svenska is either the language "Swedish" or a female from Sweden. A "Svensk" is either a Swedish man or Swedish citizen. Confusing enough?
      You sure about that one? Write Svenska av Engelska. Or look up anything in Swedish and it labels Swedish as Svensk or Svenska.

Quote Originally Posted by thorgoth View Post
      Just thought of a few things regarding vanity plates: I believe that foreign words are not allowed, and the maximum number of characters is 7. At least that's the case in CO.
      Here they just make you write a one sentence explanation of what the plate means. If it's clearly profane, they'll deny it. Otherwise, they take your explanation at face value. And yes I believe 7 letters is universal.

Here they just make you write a one sentence explanation of what the plate means. If it's clearly profane, they'll deny it. Otherwise, they take your explanation at face value. And yes I believe 7 letters is universal.
      In NC you may have up to 8 letters/characters.
      2017 S60 T6 R-Design (His) - do88 FMIC | 2013 XC60 T6 (Hers) - IPD skidplate | 2012 S60 T6 R-Design - mods galore | 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD | 2000 S40 1.9T

I've seen OVLOV periodically here in Oregon. Not lately though... hmmm.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyr32 View Post
      In NC you may have up to 8 letters/characters.
      Interesting. Googled and you are right!

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/offices-se...ates-help.aspx

In PA itís up to seven alphanumeric, but you can also have one space or hyphen in any but the first or last position
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

This type of personalized plate is literally the only one that I appreciate. It gives factual information that is otherwise difficult to come by.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Premier T5 (2.0T Drive-E) FWD (with a new engine)

Massachusetts - All vanity plates must begin with 2 letters. The plate can be no more than 6 characters, or a maximum of 5 characters for motorcycle plates. Vanity plates cannot have letters and numbers intermixed. All vanity plates must start with at least two letters.
      Passenger, Camper, Livery, Bus, and Commercial vanity plates may contain a maximum of 6 characters (letters or numbers) and a minimum of 2 characters. Vanity plates for antique vehicles may contain a maximum of 4 characters and a minimum of 2 characters. Motorcycle vanity plates may contain a maximum of 5 characters and a minimum of 2 characters.
      Numbers cannot be used in the middle of a plate; they must come at the end. For example, AAA222 would be an acceptable Passenger vanity plate; AAA22A would not be acceptable. The first number used cannot be a "0."
      The letters "I," "O," "Q," and "U" can ONLY be used as part of a word that is clearly defined and correctly spelled. For example, "LQQK" would not be an acceptable registration number because it is not a correctly spelled word.
      Last edited by moreorles; 05-21-2020 at 04:25 PM.
      2014 S60 T6 Electric Silver/ Beechwood, Tech, Climate, 18" , remote start, backup camera, Polestar, IPD rear swaybar
      2015 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Black, Platinum, Tech, Climate, Blis, Xenons, IPD rear swaybar

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast