Getting CFE+ worth it to get the wifi version?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Getting CFE+ worth it to get the wifi version?

As the title states, I'm going to pick up the cfe plus, but the non-wifi version is out of stock. Looks like the wifi version is about $50 more. Is it really worth it to get the wifi version that's in stock, or wait for the regular version? Thanks for the input.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have the original CFE+. Didn’t know they had wireless. I love this upgrade. Opens and closes the windows with the remote. That isn’t why I bought it. I get Oil, Coolant, Trans and Haldex temps while I get a digital speed with what gear I am in. Now I just need Boost, Oil pressure and air flow to complete the car management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

I'm in the same boat... Probably just going to save up a little more and grab the Wi-Fi one, they might add features later that I could use.

Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T AWD Silver/Black
      Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I am going to pick up the WiFi also. Where are you getting yours?
      05 XC70R Ice White
      06 V70R GT TiGrey/Gobi

Sold & missed: 05 V70R M66 Saffhire Black/Nordkap

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayXC70 View Post
      I am going to pick up the WiFi also. Where are you getting yours?
      probably straight from swedesolutions, I'm trying to wait until they have the p2 backup cam ready! Would like to save on shipping. I had an imiv LE w/backup cam and a cfe+ wifi in my cart before v-division died and now I have to wait hahaha

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

Quote Originally Posted by tabormeister View Post
      I'm in the same boat... Probably just going to save up a little more and grab the Wi-Fi one, they might add features later that I could use.
      Yeah, that's what I'm kinda thinking. I may not use all the wifi capability up front, but i would be buying in to that functionality for future use.

Wifi seems cool.

They have a video on youtube of displaying some data on the RTI screen, by routing to a Raspberry Pi.

I'm quite happy with the regular CFE+. Doesn't do everything it claims to for my C30, but I really got it for the R. So I don't care.
      2005 V70R

2010 C30 R-Design

I was watching this with interest and ordered the Wifi version as well. Has anyone figured how to route the data into the Nav display?

Quote Originally Posted by pureretro View Post
      I was watching this with interest and ordered the Wifi version as well. Has anyone figured how to route the data into the Nav display?
      That was for a P3 car, with P2 cars I think the way you'd have to do it is with an IMIV (no longer available) or with the p2-lite interface they're developing now

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've decided to get another Nav, gut it, get a Rasp Pi + touch display, and call up friends with 3D printing to get me a nice bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      I have the original CFE+. Didn’t know they had wireless. I love this upgrade. Opens and closes the windows with the remote. That isn’t why I bought it. I get Oil, Coolant, Trans and Haldex temps while I get a digital speed with what gear I am in. Now I just need Boost, Oil pressure and air flow to complete the car management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You can also see the MAF flow. I updated last week to the Beta and it's possible to see Lambda on Bank1. As we know, the refresh rate isn't the best and it doesn't replace an AFR gauge, but it´s better than nothing LOL
      V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      tuned by contrast

I have a regular CFE+ I'd part ways with. If anyone's interested, PM me.
      2004 S60R M66 Electric Silver Nordkap
      Stage 2 Contrast Tune, Snabb Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Tial Recirc, Snabb Downpipe, IPD Catback
      KW V2s, Kaplhenke Front Strut Mounts with 2.5" springs, PDV Rear Strut Mounts with KW springs, IPD V70R Track Spec Sway Bars, IPD Rear Toe Links, Kaplhenke Delrin Front Subframe Bushings, Powerflex Race Bushings almost everywhere
      TTV SMF with 06/07 Volvo Clutch, IPD SS Brake Lines

FOR SALE (2/22/20) - Save her from the scrap yard: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ring-Overhaul)
      2004 V70 2.4 NA AW-55 FWD Ruby Red Metallic

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements