Group Buy: Titanium wheel stud conversion kit - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Nonis View Post
      Every modification someone makes, they balance those factors with the dollars they’re spending. For some it’s worth it, for you clearly not, and that’s ok too.
      Totally agree.
      But the safety issue I brought up hasn’t been discussed.
      In the early 90’s climbers who wanted Ti holds and on a budget we’re buying Russian Ti. It was very brittle and people died. It’s not the early 90’s, and frankly Chinese products have been looking more like Japanese products in the last 4-8 years.
      It would be cool to do some destructive testing focused on fatigue to make sure the wheels stay on the car. Or just run at least one steel nut/bolt for a piece of mind.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by janik_kaspar View Post
      Totally agree.
      In the early 90’s climbers who wanted Ti holds and on a budget we’re buying Russian Ti. It was very brittle and people died. It’s not the early 90’s, and frankly Chinese products have been looking more like Japanese products in the last 4-8 years.
      It would be cool to do some destructive testing focused on fatigue to make sure the wheels stay on the car. Or just run at least one steel nut/bolt for a piece of mind.
      Quote Originally Posted by boostednbagged View Post
      I will be getting spec and testing data sheets before I have anything made. I'm not putting anything on my car that is unsafe.
      I think boostednbagged has it covered.

Quote Originally Posted by janik_kaspar View Post
      Totally agree.
      Titanium or Steel, its coming from China. Unless you wanna pay $500 for USA made ones and even then the raw material is prob coming from you know where. So even aftermarket Steel studs you are taking that risk.

The best I can do is get the testing for that batch of Ti used and share it with everyone. Which is more than you'd get buying anywhere else.

Running 1 stud wouldn't do anything because it would not be seeing the full strain. Hell, you can run 3 studs on a wheel and be fine. And to do any lab testing would negate the cost. Anyone who's ever gotten extended lugs for spacers where did they come from? But no one ever questions those because steel is just assumed to be fine.

I have gotten fasteners from this manufacturer already and they are legit. I have been running them on my valve cover with no issues.

All that being said, there is definitely still the risk and I suggest anyone buying these to check them after so many miles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think I am also going to have each set made with an extra so y'all can have a spare if needed.
      Last edited by boostednbagged; 05-23-2020 at 06:34 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter_paintball View Post
      I am interested in a set for my P2 but and like the idea of the shorter set. I'm running Audi wheels drilled to 108 and do not have any spacers nor do I have room for any. My only issue is these need to be mailed to Canada. If we can make this happen sign me up, I've been toying with the stud conversion idea but hate the Tuner look.
      I can ship there. Since your wheel is different you will have to get me measurements.

You talking about tuner nuts that stick out? Thats not these.

Doing some more reading on the use of Titanium fasteners and the argument of its strength vs steel is with pure Titanium. Grade 5 or Ti-Al6-4v when heat treated is without a doubt superior.

Other things to consider is how it maintains its strength. All the heating and cooling your brakes and wheel hub go under... Ti64 won't weaken. Steel does. Years of weathering, salt and rusting... Ti64 won't lose strength. Steel will.

This is why Ti64 is used in the Aerospace industry from the frames to the jet engines.

Do you want to me get you measurements of my extended H&R Lugs, I have 14mm spacers and they fit perfect.
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Group Buy: Titanium wheel stud conversion kit

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      Do you want to me get you measurements of my extended H&R Lugs, I have 14mm spacers and they fit perfect.
      45mm total thread length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 206k - K24/Greens/Do88/Quaife/SMF/P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 299k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 177k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 243k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 218k - Sisters

No but if you could tell me how many mm your wheels lug hole is from rim face to top of cone seat

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      45mm total thread length

Copy. I'm out of town on work so Wednesday I'll make a post with everyone's names and sizes and place the order

still in for sure
      2005 MagiGobi M66 SR //Viva SS brake lines, DO88 Intercooler, Snabb delrin shift bushings, Snabb air inlet, IpD R Kelly intake, IpD Poly subframe Bushing inserts, IpD sway bars F+R, IpD toe rods, IpD end links, IpD plate lights/LEDs all around(ext), Evolve exhaust w. dual tip, Gates racing Kevlar timing belt, Hella sharp-tones. silver ball shift knob (top mod), Dashlogic, Grom(Wired), Custom alcantara A pillars cc and dash cover, 18 Gunmetal Pegs on Continental ExtremeContact Sports(Summer Set), H&R 10 & 15 MM Spacers and some custom splitters\\ LI, NY

hey guys. i am really sorry. the job location i have been on for the past 2 weeks had zero service. so a little delayed on this however i am still doing it. i am going to update the first post with names of people who said they were interested along with sizes.

i will give it a couple more days then place the order.

Not necessary. by bringing the stud to the edge of the wheel adds 30mm of available space. minus ~5mm for the un-threaded stud tip and another 5 for saftey factor and you can easily run 20mm spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      45mm total thread length

so measurment b in the OP diagram?

As promised

PM'd

Apologies for the noob question, but how do the P2 studs or bolts compare to the P3? We picked up an 09 XC70 a little while back, just got around to doing the first tire rotation on it and man, not nearly as fun as a car with studs LOL...
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrracer View Post
      Apologies for the noob question, but how do the P2 studs or bolts compare to the P3? We picked up an 09 XC70 a little while back, just got around to doing the first tire rotation on it and man, not nearly as fun as a car with studs LOL...
      I believe they are the same

After taking some more measurements and talking with the manufacturer, an option of 2 sets is the best way to do this.

For each stud type I will offer a 45mm threaded nut side that can accommodate up to 10mm spacers.
      For up to 20mm spacers there will be a 65mm stud.
      If you dont mind (or like) the stud sticking out and plan on running 20mm spacers then get the longer ones.
      The 45mm ones will sit flush on the rim edge with no spacers.
      You could push the 45mm stud to 15mm spacers as i am incorporating a 5mm safety factor. Actually per track racing rules you need to show threads past the nut. So with a 20mm nut and 15mm spacer you would still have full engagement. With 20mm of engagement you are also still within the DIN specs of a 1:1 thread to diameter ratio as well.

These have been put into production

I also added some m6 dress up fasteners for the engine bay, fenders, rad support, and whatever else takes m6x1.0x20mm that you want to use them on. Will probably sell in quantities of 10,20,etc. For around $1.50 a piece, possibly less.

Please add me to this GB and possibly some dress up bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by XgT View Post
      Please add me to this GB and possibly some dress up bolts.
      copy

I would like to be added to the group buy and some dress up bolts as well.

TIA

I'm waiting to hear back on pricing but for my set I will be getting the tuner lug to protect the threads as I plan on having the studs long enough even with spacers to look like this. If you are interested let me know.

I also had a request for a closed end extended lug with "R" engraved so that is a possibility as well.

Last edited by boostednbagged; 06-24-2020 at 12:17 AM.

If you can get a closed set I'm definitely interested, assuming they will clear. I'm running 14mm spacers all around, year round so this will be a permanent setup.
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Interested as well.

2007 S60R M66 Sonicama R-Kelly with Snabb Intake Combo • Snabb Intake Pipe • EST Performance Downpipe • EST Touring Exhaust • Euro Spec Headlights • IPD Front Spoiler Lip • TWM short shifter • IPD Track Sway bars • IPD Lowering Springs

Quote Originally Posted by boostednbagged View Post
      I'm waiting to hear back on pricing but for my set I will be getting the tuner lug to protect the threads as I plan on having the studs long enough even with spacers to look like this. If you are interested let me know.

I also had a request for a closed end extended lug with "R" engraved so that is a possibility as well.

Those are pretty much what i was looking for. Please let us know once you receive the response. What is the ETA for these?

Man, this stuff looks really good. You should look into doing more Euro makes/fitments, because wheel bolts suck lol. Seriously, you would sell a lot of them.
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2