Anyone still going this summer?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Anyone still going this summer?

2nd OSD, super program. Delayed this trip once to June 30 however with Sweden opening border June 15 and no other countries near by planning on opening soon, OSD this summer will be limited to Sweden only, correct? Leaning now to postpone to next year unfortunately and take the ship car asap option.

Any others going this summer?
      Will the car ship with the red license plates still?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I’m hoping to still go. The OSD program was one of the main reasons for me to get the Volvo. Always wanted to pick up a car from the factory. My original date was late June but looking at things now, I’m most likely going to move it to late July, early August.

Denmark may well be open. Possibly other nordic countries and Germany too. My friend in Copenhagen says they are planning...let's hope.
      2010 V50 R-Design M66 | Polestar | BLIS | Titanium Grey Metallic | Off-Black Leather | Nordic Oak | E-Focus Torque mount | 18" Mirzams | IPD Rear Sway | EuroSport Strut Brace

*soon* | Eibach Lowering Springs | Haldex DEM Swap

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

We were originally scheduled for May 9th - pushed it back to the end of August and now just hoping for the best...
      We have a trip planned around Sweden and Copenhagen, but if things are still closed down, we might travel next year by rental car instead :/

Originally planned for June 19th, now have everything set up for a 2 week trip August 15th. Norway opens August 20th; we plan to do Stockholm and Gothenburg and to get to Norway exactly on August 20th.

If Norway cancels its opening or delays it further, we will do a Sweden-only road trip which will be great also. I made sure to only make reservations at places with no cancellation charges.

If all of Europe is closed I will be very upset - a road trip in an awesome car with the B & W sound system was a major reason to do this. I would almost feel like requesting that my deposit be applied for another car next summer, although mine has already been built.
      Last edited by ap17; 05-19-2020 at 08:01 PM.
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (was OSD summer 2020, now cancelled, 2021 model next summer?)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

Quote Originally Posted by nomorevw View Post
      I don't think you will get the red plates. We did not when my wife was sick & could not travel. I was under a lot of stress or I might have tried to line it up ahead of time. E mail directly with the FDC. I ended up moving the red plate from our first OSD over to the XC60
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

2nd OSD, super program. Delayed this trip once to June 30 however with Sweden opening border June 15 and no other countries near by planning on opening soon, OSD this summer will be limited to Sweden only, correct? Leaning now to postpone to next year unfortunately and take the ship car asap option.

No, I don't believe so. If you don't drive it, they don't put the red tags on the car (unless you specify that you want them and will pay the fee). On the other side, you don't pay extra since you won't be getting those plates. Governmental fees are associated with issuing those plates.
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Update: Looks like Volvo has decided for me: No deliveries through August 7th. My daughter passport wont have the required 6 month expiration buffer to postpone this trip mid August. Passport office says only life or death reasons to renew passports now. Good luck to everyone.

still planning to go

still planning to go, asking to move our pickup date from 7/28 to 8/10. let's see if Delta can take us from SEA to AMS by then.

Update: Looks like Volvo has decided for me: No deliveries through August 7th. My daughter passport wont have the required 6 month expiration buffer to postpone this trip mid August. Passport office says only life or death reasons to renew passports now. Good luck to everyone.
      That sucks. Hope you will do it in a few years...

/kleks
      --
      2020 XC60 T8 Polestarred Orca - Arctic white/black/black. Did I miss any option ?
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.
      C43 AMG - exuberance of the youth
      1996 S70 T5 - mech special.
      Honda V70 Magna, Yamaha FJ1200, Honda CBR 1100XX x 2, Honda CBR 900RR, BMW R1200GS, BMW R1200GSA... you need acceleration ? get two wheels.
      Wanna race ? Let's go to Anchorage and back.

June 15 OSD delivery date cancelled

I have been waiting so long for this trip but just had to cancel. Having it shipped as soon as possible, Can't wait to get into my new XC 60 T8!

Got the same email about them deferring until August 10th. Curious if anyone has tried to cancel their OSD order and have successfully gotten their deposit back?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomx2 View Post
      Got the same email about them deferring until August 10th. Curious if anyone has tried to cancel their OSD order and have successfully gotten their deposit back?
      If the cancellations extend to August 15th I may try, and will let you know.

Someone was able to do this, but their car wasn't built yet (they decided to OSD next summer).

Mine has been built, so I might not get my deposit back (or use it for a 2021 OSD) in which case I will just go next year without a car in Europe, which will be disappointing. I'm hoping my trip in August 15 will still be on.
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (was OSD summer 2020, now cancelled, 2021 model next summer?)

Quote Originally Posted by zoomx2 View Post
      We were able to cancel our July 13th OSD (thanks to Barbara from the Volvo OSD team) but I think in our case we were able to pull it off as our car hadn't been built yet. They returned our deposit to our dealer. We plan to try same car, same trip - just in 2021. Only downside was Volvo discontinued Pine Grey for the V90 CC - they also discontinued the amber leather interior - not the Premium package version though - in other words we'll just have to pick another color scheme.
      Future: 2021 V90 CC (OSD)
      Current: 2017 Subaru Outback Touring
      Previous: 2005 Volvo V70R
      1971 Triumph Tiger 650 (OSD)

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      We were able to cancel our July 13th OSD (thanks to Barbara from the Volvo OSD team) but I think in our case we were able to pull it off as our car hadn't been built yet. They returned our deposit to our dealer. We plan to try same car, same trip - just in 2021. Only downside was Volvo discontinued Pine Grey for the V90 CC - they also discontinued the amber leather interior - not the Premium package version though - in other words we'll just have to pick another color scheme.
      Ah, the old good news, bad news deal. Well, enjoy your planning both trip and new car color scheme. Maybe there will be some new options from which to choose?
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Quote Originally Posted by nlirlusa View Post
      still planning to go, asking to move our pickup date from 7/28 to 8/10. let's see if Delta can take us from SEA to AMS by then.
      Delta? Were you planning on flying on your own dime? Or do you have some arrangement with Volvo travel? Would love to do another OSD using our preferred carrier (Delta) but curious about the cost difference.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      Delta? Were you planning on flying on your own dime? Or do you have some arrangement with Volvo travel? Would love to do another OSD using our preferred carrier (Delta) but curious about the cost difference.
      We are going in August (rescheduled from May) and will be flying Delta since it was the same price as SAS. We did not pay extra to fly Delta (still on Volvo's dime). Very minimal issues with booking with AdTrav. I came up with all the flights I wanted and they approved/booked them.

Yep. Delta to AMS, KLM to Gothenburg is pretty much the fastest way to get there from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My OSD Trip up in the air?

I was originally scheduled for May 7th, then July 7th, now on hold until mid-August. If I wait too long, it might be better going for a 2021 model? I had ordered a V60CC . . . and found out that it has already been built. Hm.

The OSD Folks say: "You will have 12 months from your current delivery date to use your tickets to travel to Sweden. If you request a direct shipment of your vehicle we will request that Sweden get you the Red Swedish License Plates. I understand they are putting them in the cars before shipping when requested. You will be requested to make final payment 1 month before your take delivery in Sweden if you choose that option or when your vehicle is ready to leave Sweden. Your retailer will be notified at that time that payment in full is due."

Hope this helps. Sometime after 6/15 there will be more information on flight availability from the US to Sweden. Not sure if flying from Atlanta to Amsterdam (for example) and on to Goteborg gives me the Schengen POE that is now allowable.
      Last edited by Saab9-3Guy; 06-17-2020 at 09:58 PM.

[QUOTE=nomorevw;7581893]2nd OSD, super program. Delayed this trip once to June 30 however with Sweden opening border June 15 and no other countries near by planning on opening soon, OSD this summer will be limited to Sweden only, correct? Leaning now to postpone to next year unfortunately and take the ship car asap option.

We had a trip for mid-may and re-schedule for 1st week of Sept. Car is already built, were told (VIN # assigned) and dealer asked for final payment (which we did). The bad is we opted for extend warranty that already started, which I found out after signing the deal.....

Crossing our fingers that Sweden and Norway will both be open as Norway was a big portion of the planned trip.

[QUOTE=ARK2020;7592739]

We had a trip for mid-may and re-schedule for 1st week of Sept. Car is already built, were told (VIN # assigned) and dealer asked for final payment (which we did). The bad is we opted for extend warranty that already started, which I found out after signing the deal.....

Crossing our fingers that Sweden and Norway will both be open as Norway was a big portion of the planned trip.
      I am still on, technically, for August 16th arrival to Sweden; my trip was rescheduled from June 15th. Most of my trip will be in Norway. I heard from my airbnb host in Norway that the Norwegian border isn't open until the 20th -the exact day of my planned arrival into Norway (we will be doing Stockholm prior to picking the car up). So I'm cutting it very close!

Cancelled our trip. Car is on a boat.

Europe is opening up internally but it remains to be seen if US tourists will be allowed in anytime soon.

I’m waffling. Have my deposit, will get the car for sure (V60CC) but my delivery date went from May 7 to July 7 & now earliest would be August.
      Next week (6/15/20) I think the US Embassy will let us know if airlines from outside the Shengen countries can fly in.
      Wife also a bit antsy about the trip.
      I was told those opting to direct ship will still get the famous Red Plates.

We're still tentatively scheduled for Aug 24 (originally May 11, then July 7). Our car has already been built for a while so we'll go ahead and have it shipped if we have to postpone again. SAS just restarted flights to/from the US, so it's a matter of if things are open and safe for tourism by then. Denmark is not looking like an option, so it'd be a Sweden-only driving tour for us.

Our delivery date is September 1st. Our original plans were to spend 2 weeks driving in Norway, but I'm convinced that is not going to happen. We have already developed an alternate "Plan B" itinerary to spend the entire two weeks in Sweden like hamletkm. I plan to wait till the end of June to make a final decision after the Scandinavian countries update their border restrictions. Overall, I'm pessimistic that our OSD will take place.
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      Our delivery date is September 1st. Our original plans were to spend 2 weeks driving in Norway, but I'm convinced that is not going to happen. We have already developed an alternate "Plan B" itinerary to spend the entire two weeks in Sweden like hamletkm. I plan to wait till the end of June to make a final decision after the Scandinavian countries update their border restrictions. Overall, I'm pessimistic that our OSD will take place.
      We also have a Plan B for a Sweden-only trip (Stockholm, Gothenburg, Wilderness Road, Visby, back to Gothenburg). But a beach trip in the USA is looking likely.

Well, I managed to cancel my order and get my deposit back, despite the fact that my car has already been built. So I'll be getting a 2021 for next summer. Thank you Barbara!

I will really miss not having a Volvo this year, but I'll get the epic road-trip I really wanted. And there may be some nice updates for 2021, like USB outlets in the back and an update to the B & W speakers.

We bumped our trip from June 19 to July 18, and then ultimately had to cancel due to the extended border closure. We will do the trip Next year, still on Volvos dime, but without our Volvo which is, as we speak, getting ready for shipping to the US. I actually got Barbara to agree to put the red license plates in my car. We’ll see what shows up.

Have faith!! We were also denied OSD the end of March and had it direct shipped to dealer. Picked up car two days ago complete with red license plates!! Good Luck!!

I also just requested my car to be shipped. After looking at the current trend, my rescheduled pickup date of August 10 doesn’t look promising. So instead of letting the car sit at port for another 2 months, I decided to just have them deliver it. Really bummed about the situation but hopefully we can try again in another 4-5 years. I requested red plates as well but Barbara told me she will try her best but it might not be possible since they’re trying to get the car on the boat before the summer shutdown and it takes time to get the plates. Fingers crossed that she can get the plates for me and make it on the last ship to leave before the shut down.

Loaded on Tulane currently underway to Zeebrugge, ETA Tacoma, WA 8/4.

My car is on the same boat!

35. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements