Pre-Inspection DTC-Read Made Me Sad
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Pre-Inspection DTC-Read Made Me Sad

VRís scheduled for annual inspection next week. I had been noticing some irregular revs at start up and idle. This wasnít too concerning as itís always done that when itís warm out and it has been, especially when restarting after filling up after highway driving for example.

Seemed like it was happening more lately, but no CELs. But figured Iíd check before state inspection. This is what it revealed ....

For background, Iíve replaced the FPS, PEM, TCV, MAF, evap purge valve, and done the PCV system within the past year. And cleaned the throttle body within the past three. Probably other stuff Iím forgetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by PigeonDoubleTake; 05-24-2020 at 05:57 PM.
      '93 Volvo 240 Wagon (totaled in wreck with 430,000 miles)
      '95 Volvo 850 T5 (gifted to sibling)
      '99 Volvo S80 T6 (death by GM transmission)
      '06 Volvo XC90 2.5
      '04 Volvo V70 R

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

To me it looks like you have a boost leak starting, before or after turbo idk. Maybe before at the factory intake pipe?
      2004 S60R M66 Electric Silver Nordkap
      Stage 2 Contrast Tune, Snabb Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Tial Recirc, Snabb Downpipe, IPD Catback
      KW V2s, Kaplhenke Front Strut Mounts with 2.5" springs, PDV Rear Strut Mounts with KW springs, IPD V70R Track Spec Sway Bars, IPD Rear Toe Links, Kaplhenke Delrin Front Subframe Bushings, Powerflex Race Bushings almost everywhere
      TTV SMF with 06/07 Volvo Clutch, IPD SS Brake Lines

FOR SALE (2/22/20) - Save her from the scrap yard: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ring-Overhaul)
      2004 V70 2.4 NA AW-55 FWD Ruby Red Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TristanScott View Post
      To me it looks like you have a boost leak starting, before or after turbo idk. Maybe before at the factory intake pipe?
      You nailed. Once I calmed down I took the intake/charge system apart....the ote pipe had blown off the turbo (still held in place by the two mount points though).

Now Iím concerned whether the fuel pump code was related or not. Itís the original and Iím at 225k miles.

'06 Volvo XC90 2.5
      '04 Volvo V70 R

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

weird codes arise when boost leaks are present. you can test the fuel pump in vida, you have to mess around with the advanced tab a bit.
      05 V70R BSM, 6MT

Nice, glad that part was easy. I would do a hard reset by unplugging the battery to speed up any relearning for that long term fuel trim. That's just me though. Hopefully fuel pump issue doesn't come back. Doesn't sound too hard to replace them, haven't done it before.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      Stage 2 Contrast Tune, Snabb Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Tial Recirc, Snabb Downpipe, IPD Catback
      KW V2s, Kaplhenke Front Strut Mounts with 2.5" springs, PDV Rear Strut Mounts with KW springs, IPD V70R Track Spec Sway Bars, IPD Rear Toe Links, Kaplhenke Delrin Front Subframe Bushings, Powerflex Race Bushings almost everywhere

FOR SALE (2/22/20) - Save her from the scrap yard: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ring-Overhaul)

Good call on the battery reset, I hadnít thought about that.

Boost leak seems to have eliminated the fuel pump code. Though I tried to do the test in VIDA anyway. But it wouldnít work. It acted like it was initiating the test but noting would happen. It wouldnít read out any of the values and I got no changes in the graph. Weird.

'06 Volvo XC90 2.5
      '04 Volvo V70 R

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonDoubleTake View Post
      Good call on the battery reset, I hadnít thought about that.

Boost leak seems to have eliminated the fuel pump code. Though I tried to do the test in VIDA anyway. But it wouldnít work. It acted like it was initiating the test but noting would happen. It wouldnít read out any of the values and I got no changes in the graph. Weird.

I've never performed that test but make sure to read all the instructions in VIDA because a lot of times you have to have all these different parameters in correct ranges to perform certain actions. Ambient air temp within a certain range, coolant temp within a certain range blah blah blah...

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements