Recall and service done..:l new software buggy as swamps in Florida!!!!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Recall and service done..:l new software buggy as swamps in Florida!!!!

Gone add a o tire list later as Iím doing thins in between stops on a trip to Florida.

Main one,
      Auto lights now mean lights always on WTF!!!
      And if you just turn on the market lights the led is supper dim canít even see the hammer...

One of 5 things I got but no time now. Needed to vent as dealer is closed on holiday

Other issues

- eco mode a Is acting up one example is showing lower mpg then switching right to comfort
      - tank capacity / miles left is all over the place drastically 470-300 up and down with minutes of driving
      - back up camera frame freezes of all screens needs car restart sometimes when going from R to D or P.
      Last edited by Kamil; 05-25-2020 at 01:07 PM.
      2020 V60 CC

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got the update done in Mar and havenít notices any issues/ changes to how the car operates. Knocking on woods.
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels, P*
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      I got the update done in Mar and havenít notices any issues/ changes to how the car operates. Knocking on woods.
      Are you headlights operate as design or you never notice? Most people donít know what the lights are doing when driving DRL vs headlights. Can you please check that for me?
      2020 V60 CC

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Got mine updated at the end of March, and between short errand runs and one long road trip a couple weeks ago there were no odd behaviors. Drive modes seem normal, with no dramatic swings in the trip computer nums unless I do something drastic. I was in Eco most of the road trip's highway driving with no oddities in the trip computer numbers there, either. Camera screens switch to other screens as normal, too.

Out of curiosity I checked the lights just now since you're right, probably not something you'd readily see unless you were really looking. Started the car in the garage with lights on Auto and the headlamps were on, but when I pulled out of the garage the headlamps were off and the Thor Hammers were bright along with the the yellow marker LEDs. The rear signature lights weren't super bright under the sun, but still on, too.

Maybe a one-off thing with your car's update?
      Last edited by Abacaxi; 05-25-2020 at 01:36 PM.
      Mine: '20 V60 T5 R-Design w/ P* | Black Stone | Charcoal | Advanced | 19" MattBlacks
      His: '17 BMW i3 REX | Grey-n-Black

Previous: '17 XC60 T5 AWD Dynamic/Onyx/Panda/Altais, '08 Z4, '15 V60 T5 Premier+/Sport/Bors, '08 335i Coupe, '07 Z4, '08 XC70 3.2, '65 P1800S, '02 V70 2.4T, '68 122S Coupe, '03 S60 T5M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Abacaxi View Post
      Got mine updated at the end of March, and between short errand runs and one long road trip a couple weeks ago there were no odd behaviors. Drive modes seem normal, with no dramatic swings in the trip computer nums unless I do something drastic. I was in Eco most of the road trip's highway driving with no oddities in the trip computer numbers there, either. Camera screens switch to other screens as normal, too.

Out of curiosity I checked the lights just now since you're right, probably not something you'd readily see unless you were really looking. Started the car in the garage with lights on Auto and the headlamps were on, but when I pulled out of the garage the headlamps were off and the Thor Hammers were bright along with the the yellow marker LEDs. The rear signature lights weren't super bright under the sun, but still on, too.

Maybe a one-off thing with your car's update?
      Thank you very much for checking!

Not sure if itís better or worse that you are not affected but Iím happy for you.

Do you also have the premium banding lights? Also can you change this setting under exterior lights I canít on my.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Are you headlights operate as design or you never notice? Most people donít know what the lights are doing when driving DRL vs headlights. Can you please check that for me?
      Iím in the auto headlight mode and they are off until itís dark out there. You can see the photo that I uploaded to the picture thread. I donít see anything different unless you are referring to something else with the headlights. You are right, I never pay attention to those lights on a daily basis!
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

Thank you very much for checking!

Not sure if itís better or worse that you are not affected but Iím happy for you.

Do you also have the premium banding lights? Also can you change this setting under exterior lights I canít on my.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not being able to reproduce the problem certainly makes it more difficult to find a common cause, hah.

I just checked my lighting options and the DRL enable/disable can be changed, not greyed out like yours. Not sure about premium banding lights...did you mean bending lights?

Not being able to reproduce the problem certainly makes it more difficult to find a common cause, hah.

I just checked my lighting options and the DRL enable/disable can be changed, not greyed out like yours. Not sure about premium banding lights...did you mean bending lights?
      Yes bending sorry,

And when the engine is not running Iím able to change the settings but it donít affect the lights function.

Two thinks I found.

- Headlights always on in auto is euro specifications for safety by Volvo ... not sure how or if by any chance connected to issue
      - the light sensors work fine as when it gets dark (tunnel) the interior dash and display darkened.

Calling dealership tomorrow when open
      2020 V60 CC

Yes bending sorry,

And when the engine is not running Iím able to change the settings but it donít affect the lights function.

Two thinks I found.

- Headlights always on in auto is euro specifications for safety by Volvo ... not sure how or if by any chance connected to issue
      - the light sensors work fine as when it gets dark (tunnel) the interior dash and display darkened.

Calling dealership tomorrow when open
      Yeah, mine has active bending LED headlamps.

Def get yours checked out, seems some bits got flipped somewhere. Good luck!

Here is a shot of my screen. Attachment 61401Attachment 61401
      Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for that!!!
      2020 V60 CC

Looks like after a lot more googling is that some people have requested software before at Volvo to disable DRLís maybe this is what happened?

Is there anyone that is a service technician on this forum?

Thanks
      2020 V60 CC

Spoke with my dealer today. They took care of the recall for me 3 weeks ago when in for another service issue. They just didn't bother to tell me. My lights are now and have been working properly since the recall service. Good luck. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodd View Post
      Spoke with my dealer today. They took care of the recall for me 3 weeks ago when in for another service issue. They just didn't bother to tell me. My lights are now and have been working properly since the recall service. Good luck. Hope you get it sorted quickly.
      Thanks. They are looking in to it now before I can come in in there system.
      2020 V60 CC

Curious, what did this end up being?

Curious, what did this end up being?
      They updated the software again and the lights now work. However they are waiting on Volvo to address some additional items got a visit next week scheduled.
      2020 V60 CC

I am not sure if this is something to do with the latest software but I got the emission warning light but there is no message in the app on the center display. Is this normal??
      The warning comes and goes, and there is no detectable issue while running.
      Attached Images Attached Images

I had that just before the recall update, they had to replace a sensor, exactly which one escapes me at the moment.

ha, my emissions light came on this morning as well. I'm ignoring it for now and hoping it will disappear. If it's still there on Monday I'll bring it to the dealer.
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

It sounds like a batch failure!!

did you get fuel recently ? normally it was bad fuel or open cap. as we dont have a cap maybe just bad fuel?
      2020 V60 CC

did you get fuel recently ? normally it was bad fuel or open cap. as we dont have a cap maybe just bad fuel?
      Yeah, I thought about that possibility as Iíd filled up the tank last Sat and started having this issue on Tue. I got the gas at a Sunoco station and their gas is tier 1 but who knows. I am going to fill it up tomorrow at a Shell station (my go to) and see if this thing disappears.

my light went off after i drove it this afternoon with the engine on. 500mi into the current tank and only 1/8 gone since I'm only doing local errands
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

I had the same light come on today. Dealer tested and found a fault stored for the evaporative system high pressure purge fault, ECM-P04F000. They will replace the high pressure purge line, which is currently on back order. Referenced tech journal 34857 for related fault code. Part should be in 7/21/20. They cleared the code, no issues driving.
      Current:
      2020 V60 T5 Momentum: Premium, Multimedia, Advanced Package, Heated FS SW
      2008 V70 3.2: Premium, Convenience, Climate 237k
      Previous:
      2015 V60 T5: Premier Plus, Heated FS, BLIS, Sport Package 18Ē Wheel. Sold: 146k
      2001 V70 NA: Heated FS. Sold 250k

Thank you ToddV for the detailed info. I shall take my car in. Since it sounds like they came home with your car, can I assume that its ok to drive with a defective purge line?

If you have the same issue there should be no problem driving.
      Current:
      2020 V60 T5 Momentum: Premium, Multimedia, Advanced Package, Heated FS SW
      2008 V70 3.2: Premium, Convenience, Climate 237k
      Previous:
      2015 V60 T5: Premier Plus, Heated FS, BLIS, Sport Package 18Ē Wheel. Sold: 146k
      2001 V70 NA: Heated FS. Sold 250k

I had the recall done and a service a week ago. Yesterday Sensus rebooted twice. It was very hot outside with the dash saying it was 107.

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements