MY2021 production start?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 31 of 31
    1. #1
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741

      MY2021 production start?

      Just curious if anybody has info on when they are starting production of MY21 S60's in South Carolina? As far as I know starting next model year S60 will no longer be offered with gasoline-only powertrains - T5 and T6 will be phased out and replaced with mild-hybrids.

      I still have an "old" T6 on order (since late Feb), albeit with no specific production date any more. Starting to wonder if it will be cancelled alltogether, since it's almost June already. BMW cancelled a bunch of custom MY2020 orders recently...
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      845
      I think technically Volvo doesn’t have your order only the dealership. When Volvo opens the order intake that’s when the dealership will placed the order. And if the car is to different or late in production or not cash then what you made a deal it would be “canceled “ not placed.

      As for mild hybrids that’s also interesting as the only hybrid option is the T8 and I don’t think they will force this for ever model as they position this in USA as a top trim T8 and not a hybrid like they did outside in USA .
      2020 V60 CC

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      167
      non-hybrid T5 and T6 will continue in 2021, at least in Canada. We're not getting the mild-hybrids just yet.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      3,031
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      As for mild hybrids that’s also interesting as the only hybrid option is the T8 and I don’t think they will force this for ever model as they position this in USA as a top trim T8 and not a hybrid like they did outside in USA .
      Apologies to OP for off topic reply. A mild hybrid (B5 and B6) should not be confused with a T8 which is a plug-in hybrid. I understand that the T8 will enjoy the mild hybrid technology and still be a T8 PHEV.

      Check out the Volvo Cars International webpage.



      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

    7. #5
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      I think technically Volvo doesn’t have your order only the dealership. When Volvo opens the order intake that’s when the dealership will placed the order. And if the car is to different or late in production or not cash then what you made a deal it would be “canceled “ not placed.

      As for mild hybrids that’s also interesting as the only hybrid option is the T8 and I don’t think they will force this for ever model as they position this in USA as a top trim T8 and not a hybrid like they did outside in USA .
      Nonsense. My order for a 2020 S60 T6 RD has been in Volvo production system since late February. I have the order number, and *used to have* a defined production window and ETA, before COVID-19 shut down the factory in April. The production has now resumed (May 11). My order was still in the system as of couple of weeks ago (last time I checked with my dealer), but the dates were showing "subject to reschedule".

      T8 is a plug-in, not mild hybrid. Volvo has been emphasizing its commitment to complete line up electrification for a while now - it's only a matter of time. See Volvo international site for MY2021 S60 configurations. T-models (non-Recharge) are nowhere to be found.

      Quote Originally Posted by marcvolvoforlife View Post
      non-hybrid T5 and T6 will continue in 2021, at least in Canada. We're not getting the mild-hybrids just yet.
      I guess we will know soon enough I'm pretty sure T5 and T6 are being phased out. GrecianVolvo, who is a moderator here may be able to comment further at some point. Volvo has been known to change model specs at the last minute or during production year.
      Last edited by genesmasher; 05-29-2020 at 07:31 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    8. #6
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      845
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Nonsense. My order for a 2020 S60 T6 RD has been in Volvo production system since late February. I have the order number, and *used to have* a defined production window and ETA, before COVID-19 shut down the factory in April. The production has now resumed (May 11). My order was still in the system as of couple of weeks ago (last time I checked with my dealer), but the dates were showing "subject to reschedule".

      T8 is a plug-in, not mild hybrid. Volvo has been emphasizing its commitment to complete line up electrification for a while now - it's only a matter of time. See Volvo international site for MY2021 S60 configurations. T-models are nowhere to be found.



      I guess we will know soon enough I'm pretty sure T5 and T6 are being phased out. GrecianVolvo, who is a moderator here may be able to comment further at some point. Volvo has been known to change model specs at the last minute or during production year.
      I guess I missed the part in original post when you wrote you have an order for 2021 and not 2020...


      And yes “a matter of time” is different then what you also mentioned in the original post “starting next model year”

      Sorry only go by the info you placed in the post
      2020 V60 CC

    9. #7
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      845
      Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post

      Check out the Volvo Cars International webpage.



      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      Everything is different marketed for USA where we only got limited power options and most always on all brands locked with trim. When outside USA trim and engine choice are not locked in.
      2020 V60 CC

    10. #8
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      I guess I missed the part in original post when you wrote you have an order for 2021 and not 2020...


      And yes “a matter of time” is different then what you also mentioned in the original post “starting next model year”

      Sorry only go by the info you placed in the post
      When exactly did I say I had an order for MY2021 S60?

      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Everything is different marketed for USA where we only got limited power options and most always on all brands locked with trim. When outside USA trim and engine choice are not locked in.
      Another thoughtless comment. International site lists options available across ALL markets, including USA.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    11. #9
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      3,031
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Everything is different marketed for USA where we only got limited power options and most always on all brands locked with trim. When outside USA trim and engine choice are not locked in.
      I expect even the US market will be migrated towards a global offering, particularly starting with MY22 and SPA2.


      https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...id-powertrains


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

    12. #10
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      845
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      When exactly did I say I had an order for MY2021 S60?



      Another thoughtless comment. International site lists options available across ALL markets, including USA.

      You need some love at home.

      I’m out don’t have energy for you today.
      2020 V60 CC

    13. #11
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      845
      Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      I expect even the US market will be migrated towards a global offering, particularly starting with MY22 and SPA2.


      https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...id-powertrains


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      Sure they will you are right, but will see how soon and what trim and models.
      2020 V60 CC

    14. #12
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      3,031
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Sure they will you are right, but will see how soon and what trim and models.
      Yes, it is all about timing. With the SC plant producing XC90s including export and a battery/assembly plant also being built in SC, I am hopeful MY22 will help for the global migration. Time will tell.


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

    15. #13
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      You need some love at home.

      I’m out don’t have energy for you today.
      Oh great, thanks! I never have the energy for the rude nonsensical gibberish you seem to be an endless fountain of.


      Anyway, the question was "When does Volvo production shift to MY2021". Anybody (other than Kamil) venture a guess? Typically model year change-over happens in June/July time frame, but this year obviously all bets are off. Maybe know someone who works at the Ridgeville, SC plant?
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    16. #14
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      3,031

      MY2021 production start?

      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Oh great, thanks! I never have the energy for the rude nonsensical gibberish you seem to be an endless fountain of.


      Anyway, the question was "When does Volvo production shift to MY2021". Anybody (other than Kamil) venture a guess? Typically model year change-over happens in June/July time frame, but this year obviously all bets are off. Maybe know someone who works at the Ridgeville, SC plant?
      I don’t know nor do I have inside knowledge. However, FWIW,...

      For Torslanda, I understood, that in a normal year, the new MY “starts” the last full week of April ~ week 15-17; and then mid-year cycle starts the last full week of Nov. ~ week 46-48.

      New MY production usually has had two months of production by the Summer Holiday (July).

      It would interesting to know. Hopefully, MY22 will start on time in last April 2021 with new SPA2 production starting up.


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 05-30-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Changed last week of April to week 15-17
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

    17. #15
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      I don’t know nor do I have inside knowledge. However, FWIW,...

      For Torslanda, I understood, that in a normal year, the new MY “starts” the last full week of April ~ week 12- 13; and then mid-year cycle starts the last full week of Nov. ~ week 46-48.

      New MY production usually has had two months of production by the Summer Holiday (July).

      It would interesting to know. Hopefully, MY22 will start on time in last April 2021 with new SPA2 production starting up.


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      Thanks Gary. I didn't know that Volvo starts production of next year vehicles in April! That seems pretty early. I assumed that since we usually start seeing new MY cars on dealer lots around September and delivery taking 8-10 weeks, production would start around June. Summer break makes sense though...

      I should probably reach out to my dealer again. Last time they told me that my 2020 car is still on track to be built, just didn't know when, even though supposedly "sold orders got priority". I don't really mind waiting longer and getting MY21 model, except that incentives/pricing may not be optimal. Plus, if we do only get mild hybrids going forward, I might reconsider. Apart from fuel economy, I am very happy with S60 T6 performance. Mild hybrid turbocharged/supercharged powertrain (B6) seems even more complex to inspire confidence in long-term reliability...
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    18. #16
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      3,031
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Thanks Gary. I didn't know that Volvo starts production of next year vehicles in April! That seems pretty early. I assumed that since we usually start seeing new MY cars on dealer lots around September and delivery taking 8-10 weeks, production would start around June. Summer break makes sense though...

      I should probably reach out to my dealer again. Last time they told me that my 2020 car is still on track to be built, just didn't know when, even though supposedly "sold orders got priority". I don't really mind waiting longer and getting MY21 model, except that incentives/pricing may not be optimal. Plus, if we do only get mild hybrids going forward, I might reconsider. Apart from fuel economy, I am very happy with S60 T6 performance. Mild hybrid turbocharged/supercharged powertrain (B6) seems even more complex to inspire confidence in long-term reliability...
      I updated start weeks to 15-17. This year would be ~ week 17 - end of April.

      Has your dealer provided you with your VIN or chassis number? That is where I would start. If a chassis number has not been communicated to the dealer or available by now, you are likely looking at a MY21. Hopefully, the dealer and Volvo honors everything you negotiated.


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

    19. #17
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      I updated start weeks to 15-17. This year would be ~ week 17 - end of April.

      Has your dealer provided you with your VIN or chassis number? That is where I would start. If a chassis number has not been communicated to the dealer or available by now, you are likely looking at a MY21. Hopefully, the dealer and Volvo honors everything you negotiated.


      All the best,
      Gary, Minnesota USA,Fine MY16 XC90 T8
      Hmm, actually shortly after I placed the order (early March, before COVID-19 hit and factory shutdown was announced), my scheduled build date was Week 18 (factory complete on May 7, planned delivery range 5/29-6/26). Which seems to indicate that at least in the US they don't start next MY production until mid-May the earliest. As of 5/15 the system still didn't have VIN for the car, only a note that the "planned dates are incorrect and will be re-planned". Just sent another email to my dealer, asking for status update.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      6
      Throwing my anecdotal experience into the ring.

      I placed an order for a MY2020 S60 TG Inscription in mid-February, and was told by the dealer that it would be delivered in mid-May but wasn't given any other details. Between COVID shutting down the sales branch of the dealership and the factory there was a gap in communication, but I heard back from the dealership a couple of weeks ago. The order was run through some sort of conversion tool to convert it to a MY2021. The difference in packages was relatively small, with the main hit being the Luxury Package no longer being available for MY21 S60s. The one thing I haven't seen anywhere is confirmation that what's on order is a T6, but I'm hoping that the dealer would have mentioned that by now...

      That order was submitted into the build queue and went into production the middle of last week. I've been told to expect delivery to the dealership in late June but haven't heard anything past that or a specific date. Pricing hasn't been shared because the MY21 pricing guides aren't available.

    21. #19
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by _CodeMonkey View Post
      Throwing my anecdotal experience into the ring.

      I placed an order for a MY2020 S60 TG Inscription in mid-February, and was told by the dealer that it would be delivered in mid-May but wasn't given any other details. Between COVID shutting down the sales branch of the dealership and the factory there was a gap in communication, but I heard back from the dealership a couple of weeks ago. The order was run through some sort of conversion tool to convert it to a MY2021. The difference in packages was relatively small, with the main hit being the Luxury Package no longer being available for MY21 S60s. The one thing I haven't seen anywhere is confirmation that what's on order is a T6, but I'm hoping that the dealer would have mentioned that by now...

      That order was submitted into the build queue and went into production the middle of last week. I've been told to expect delivery to the dealership in late June but haven't heard anything past that or a specific date. Pricing hasn't been shared because the MY21 pricing guides aren't available.
      Interesting. I still haven't heard back from my dealer, but I would not be surprised if my car also transitioned to MY21. T6 or not T6 is the question, you are right...
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    22. #20
      Junior Member MJEWETT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      152
      Quote Originally Posted by _CodeMonkey View Post
      Throwing my anecdotal experience into the ring.

      I placed an order for a MY2020 S60 TG Inscription in mid-February, and was told by the dealer that it would be delivered in mid-May but wasn't given any other details. Between COVID shutting down the sales branch of the dealership and the factory there was a gap in communication, but I heard back from the dealership a couple of weeks ago. The order was run through some sort of conversion tool to convert it to a MY2021. The difference in packages was relatively small, with the main hit being the Luxury Package no longer being available for MY21 S60s. The one thing I haven't seen anywhere is confirmation that what's on order is a T6, but I'm hoping that the dealer would have mentioned that by now...

      That order was submitted into the build queue and went into production the middle of last week. I've been told to expect delivery to the dealership in late June but haven't heard anything past that or a specific date. Pricing hasn't been shared because the MY21 pricing guides aren't available.
      Hmm... interesting. I wonder if they are doing away altogether with the luxury pack and what comes in it for 2021... or if they are making those features standard (as on the Inscription Models for the 90 Series). I honestly have always thought it was a little surprising that the luxury seats didn't come standard on inscription model s/v/xc60's. I get why massaging seats wouldn't be standard in this class, and maybe even ventilation not being standard, but it seemed to me like a weird omission being that R-designs get their trim-specific seats in Nappa Leather and the Inscriptions don't, like they do on the 90 series models.

      Did your dealer explain the reasoning behind the package no longer being available? If it were me and the Inscription-specific options included in the luxury pack were no longer available at all, I would definitely be switching my choice to an R-design. The lack of ventilated seats with massage on the R-design has been the one reason I sometimes regret my trim choice.

    23. #21
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      Hmm... interesting. I wonder if they are doing away altogether with the luxury pack and what comes in it for 2021... or if they are making those features standard (as on the Inscription Models for the 90 Series). I honestly have always thought it was a little surprising that the luxury seats didn't come standard on inscription model s/v/xc60's. I get why massaging seats wouldn't be standard in this class, and maybe even ventilation not being standard, but it seemed to me like a weird omission being that R-designs get their trim-specific seats in Nappa Leather and the Inscriptions don't, like they do on the 90 series models.

      Did your dealer explain the reasoning behind the package no longer being available? If it were me and the Inscription-specific options included in the luxury pack were no longer available at all, I would definitely be switching my choice to an R-design. The lack of ventilated seats with massage on the R-design has been the one reason I sometimes regret my trim choice.
      What they told me was that it was no longer offered because there wasn't enough demand in the S60 for the package. I haven't seen a full spec sheet for the car but the small description shared with me was that the interior would be the "Charcoal Leather Interior", so I doubt that the change is because it's coming with Nappa Leather standard now.

      It's interesting now that you mention R-Design vs Inscription, if I remove the luxury package from the MY20 build tool and otherwise build an identical R-Design and Inscription, it comes to the same price point, so at that point you're buying the aesthetic (more chrome, wood inlays in the Inscription vs the Nappa Leather "open texture" seats in R-Design). I'm not going to take the time to go through the full features list* but I'm curious what if any differences there are.

      *After going through the list it was entirely aesthetic. In addition to what I mentioned one of the only other changes is the mirror casings (black on R-Design, car color on Inscription).
      Last edited by _CodeMonkey; 06-02-2020 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Adding information regarding differences.

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      Columbus, OH
      Posts
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      Hmm... interesting. I wonder if they are doing away altogether with the luxury pack and what comes in it for 2021... or if they are making those features standard (as on the Inscription Models for the 90 Series). I honestly have always thought it was a little surprising that the luxury seats didn't come standard on inscription model s/v/xc60's. I get why massaging seats wouldn't be standard in this class, and maybe even ventilation not being standard, but it seemed to me like a weird omission being that R-designs get their trim-specific seats in Nappa Leather and the Inscriptions don't, like they do on the 90 series models.

      Did your dealer explain the reasoning behind the package no longer being available? If it were me and the Inscription-specific options included in the luxury pack were no longer available at all, I would definitely be switching my choice to an R-design. The lack of ventilated seats with massage on the R-design has been the one reason I sometimes regret my trim choice.
      This was exactly why I had to order in my S60, I had originally been shopping for a used S90 Inscription and was quite surprised when I was told the ventilated seats were not standard on the S60 Inscription. I would have loved to have been able to order an R-design with the Inscription ventilated seats, which appears to be an option outside of the US market.

      Also, to weigh in on the switch from 20 to 21 model year... I would think that Volvo would be delaying their switch over based on how many weeks they were out of production. This seems to at least have been the case at my employer.
      Current: 2020 S60 T5 Inscription, 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, 1986 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
      Past: 2013 Acura TSX, 1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen

    25. #23
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      So I received an update from my dealer today. It looks like my car still doesn't have a definite production start date, but factory complete date is now 6/26, with delivery ETA in mid-August. What's interesting, the car is still listed as MY2020 in the system. This seems to contradict _CodeMonkey's experience, and suggests that they are still catching up with current year production, and MY2021 will not start until July.

      Also, I was told that according to their MY2021 order guides S60 power trains have not changed: T5 FWD, T6 AWD and "Recharge" T8 eAWD. So it seems that USA will not get mild hybrids for another year after all.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    26. #24
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      So I received an update from my dealer today. It looks like my car still doesn't have a definite production start date, but factory complete date is now 6/26, with delivery ETA in mid-August. What's interesting, the car is still listed as MY2020 in the system. This seems to contradict _CodeMonkey's experience, and suggests that they are still catching up with current year production, and MY2021 will not start until July.

      Also, I was told that according to their MY2021 order guides S60 power trains have not changed: T5 FWD, T6 AWD and "Recharge" T8 eAWD. So it seems that USA will not get mild hybrids for another year after all.
      Interesting, I'll be following up with my dealership some time this week to get more details. An approach like what you're describing is what I had expected to happen originally, and was very surprised when I was then told that the order had been converted.

      Good to hear that the existing drivetrains are still in place, makes the potential conversion easier to handle.

    27. #25
      Junior Member racquetsrc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Barnet Vermont
      Posts
      182
      I was told by VOlvo Na National dsales director that 2021 v90ccs will be in showroom september.



      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Just curious if anybody has info on when they are starting production of MY21 S60's in South Carolina? As far as I know starting next model year S60 will no longer be offered with gasoline-only powertrains - T5 and T6 will be phased out and replaced with mild-hybrids.

      I still have an "old" T6 on order (since late Feb), albeit with no specific production date any more. Starting to wonder if it will be cancelled alltogether, since it's almost June already. BMW cancelled a bunch of custom MY2020 orders recently...

    28. #26
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      60
      My dealer (MD) was able to order my 2020 S60 T6 Inscription in March 2020. It was due in July, but I got it in early August.
      2020 S60 T6 Inscription, Polestar, Bowers

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      So I received an update from my dealer today. It looks like my car still doesn't have a definite production start date, but factory complete date is now 6/26, with delivery ETA in mid-August. What's interesting, the car is still listed as MY2020 in the system. This seems to contradict _CodeMonkey's experience, and suggests that they are still catching up with current year production, and MY2021 will not start until July.

      Also, I was told that according to their MY2021 order guides S60 power trains have not changed: T5 FWD, T6 AWD and "Recharge" T8 eAWD. So it seems that USA will not get mild hybrids for another year after all.
      Touched base with the dealership today. My sales rep said that the MY21 production was delayed by the factory (no reason given) and that I no longer had a built date, but that all sold cars are first off the line and so I should be early in the production run once it starts.

      I've seen reference to it in a couple different places - when you say it's "listed as MY20 in the system", what system are you talking about? Is there an order tracking system that I have never been told about?
      Last edited by _CodeMonkey; 06-05-2020 at 08:20 PM.
      Ordered: 2020 S60 T6 Inscription
      Current: 2001 Subaru Outback

    30. #28
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by _CodeMonkey View Post
      Touched based with the dealership today. My sales rep said that the MY21 production was delayed by the factory (no reason given) and that I no longer had a built date, but that all sold cars are first off the line and so I should be early in the production run once it starts.

      I've seen reference to it in a couple different places - when you say it's "listed as MY20 in the system", what system are you talking about? Is there an order tracking system that I have never been told about?
      I think all USA dealers use the same software, that keeps track of all orders. It contains all car config information with factory codes and is updated as production moves along. Whenever I ask for an update (every couple of weeks) my dealer sends me a real-time screenshot from their computer. The latest one (three days ago), has the following in "CORE SPEC" section:

      2020 (2020), S60 (224), S60 T6 AWD R-design (224A2R50C131), Bursting Blue Metallic (72000), Nappa Leather Sports Seats (RG0R00)

      As far as dates listed, I have

      Order Created Date: 2/11/2020
      Last Order Amended date : 5/22/2020
      Current Planned Build Date (week): 5/1/2020 (2018) - this is original, pre-COVID and is now in red, with a note "incorrect, to be re-planned".
      Planned Factory Complete Date: 6/29/2020
      Accepted Delivery Date: 8/12/2020

      So, at least as of three days ago, my car is still MY2020.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    31. #29
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      6
      Interesting, thanks for sharing.

      I put my deposit down literally the same day your order went in which means it should only be a day or two behind yours, which makes the fact that yours is showing 2020 but my salesperson is saying that they converted to 2021 and had an updated build date (for the MY21) of 5/27 make no sense at all. But the info you're sharing is a lot more concrete than anything I've received up to this point.
      Ordered: 2020 S60 T6 Inscription
      Current: 2001 Subaru Outback

    32. #30
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      741
      Quote Originally Posted by _CodeMonkey View Post
      Interesting, thanks for sharing.

      I put my deposit down literally the same day your order went in which means it should only be a day or two behind yours, which makes the fact that yours is showing 2020 but my salesperson is saying that they converted to 2021 and had an updated build date (for the MY21) of 5/27 make no sense at all. But the info you're sharing is a lot more concrete than anything I've received up to this point.
      Yes, I'm sure your dealer has all this information as well, but choosing not to share it with you for some reason. My order was actually placed on 2/22 (they modified an existing stock order originally dated 2/11 to my specs), and last change date was 3/5 - that's when the config was locked. Kinda ridiculous to wait six months for a car made in the US But honestly, I don't really mind the delay, since I don't drive much now because of COVID anyway. As long as lease incentives are good in August...
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      Columbus, OH
      Posts
      31
      Mine came right before the Corona hit (probably came out of the factory one of the last days before they idled production in March), but would have been nice if I was able to get that 0% financing they're offering now... I ordered in early January for reference and it showed up 3/16.

      Now if they could only figure out how to get my steering vibration to go away...
      Current: 2020 S60 T5 Inscription, 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, 1986 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
      Past: 2013 Acura TSX, 1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen

    34. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. MY2021 V-60 R-Design News?
      By Mike999 in forum S60 & V60, V60CC (SPA: 2019- )
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 01-23-2020, 11:56 AM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 02-25-2016, 08:48 AM
    3. R-Design production still on schedule to start in September?
      By Bananas1 in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-20-2015, 05:44 AM
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-25-2013, 09:40 PM
    5. V60 production start week35-2010
      By liquid_force in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 04-21-2010, 05:43 PM