SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

V50 Glowplugs

876 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tmtalpey 
#1 ·
Hi guys and girls.

New to the forum-- I'm looking for glowplugs for a 2010 V50. My engine code is D4164T, how do I find out if my engine's number as there are 2 different rated Glowplugs for this engine.

E.g
Zero -> 16125
or
16126 -> onwards

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
A lot of us here are American, but if it's anything like the spark plugs on P1 cars, I'd strongly suggest OEM. Maybe take one out and match it at the dealer? It might have a part number written on it.
Glow plugs are what heat the fuel prior to startup in a diesel engine.
That being said - I would call a dealer somewhere, have them look at your VIN and tell you which it probably is. We don't have access to european volvo parts diagrams or databases since the diesel was never sold here in the U.S. UK forums will be of more help.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Looks like OP is just looking for engine number. I assume that means engine serial number. Look on sticker covering timing components. That's where it is on my p1's. FYI, VIDA allows you to change to european so anyone with that can access the diagrams for anyone. If you don't have it, let us know an we can get you something.

#7 ·
Thanks, the stickers on the engine have all been scrubbed off. And the logbook is currently elsewhere [emoji2357] so I've only got the VIN. I just need to know if my engine requires the 10A or 11A glowplugs. Small difference but dont want to screw up.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

#8 ·
The engine type and serial number are also engraved on a boss at the rear of the head, behind cylinder #1. Shine a bright light back there and you might see it, then snap a zoomable picture with your phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.