SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Vdash pricing. UK s80 executive

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  adubin 
#1 ·
Hi folks. Had my 2010 S80 executive a while now and looking to do a few little things to it.

Recently just changed front and rear brake discs and pads. Looked like they were the original ones and had never been changed. I had to thump the discs off with a mallet.

Replaced all with TRW discs and pads and would highly recommend them over pagid or jurid. The rear calipers and electric park brake are manufactured by TRW and the front calipers are ATE.

Anyway the rear right caliper was leaking and I had to drill out the rubbish hex screws that hold the electric motor for park brake as they had seized and rusted in place. So new (used) caliper replaced. The brake fluid had dropped low causing air in system so had to bleed all brakes. But worth it in the end.

While I was in I cleaned off all rust and sprayed all the suspension and brake parts under the car to protect them.

Anyway. I was thinking about putting a 2013 illuminated shifter in the car.

Upgrading the steering wheel to a 4 spoke R design one. I have RTI nav so cant do 3 spoke as need the sat nav controls.

Putting some v70 r design pedals on it

Upgrading the instrument cluster to the new tft one. (Was looking for some advice on this as it's easy enough to get a cluster but would need to buy a dice obd2 machine. Also how much is it to do on vdash?.)

Is it worth getting vdash. It is free but I have been hearing that to do any upgrades you have to pay pretty high prices?. Kind of puts me off. It's a hack and the idea of a hack is to save people money. Should maybe charge something but some of the prices especially for pro or their upcoming dongle are very steep.

I also noticed that there is a polestar rune available for my 2.4d takes the power from 175 to 195 and torque from 420 to 460. This is £599 from dealer.

I am currently looking into installing a sound system into the car. I have the dynaudio system and it sounds outstanding for a stock radio. Really is excellent. Just lacks a little oomph.

So I have a 4x130rms pioneer amp which will be running 4 kenwood kfc x693 6x9 speakers which will be installed on a custom rear mdf shelf.

In the boot I am making a custom 12 inch kenwood kfc wps1200f enclosure in the right hand side of the boot liner powered by a 450rms vibe monoblock amp with remote.

I will be tapping into the factory amp using an audiocontrol lc7i. I also have a wavtech wave 4 but I think the audiocontrol will be a better solution.

I was looking at upgrading the rear lights to the 2014 led but upon closer inspection I think I prefer the 2010 facelift ones. The 2014 led seem to have a random lump at the top which doesnt illuminate or reflect. The 2010 lights illuminate right to the top of the light cluster. Plus I dont think I could be bothered with error messages or putting roasting hot resistors in the car.

Let me know what you think about planned mods and this vdash. I am in the UK.

See less See more
#3 ·
So spent the day installing amp, subwoofer and 6x9s. What a pain in the neck was. Will spend some time setting it up. 1 of the 6x9 speakers was blown so will need to find the warranty.

Installed a v70 r design steering wheel. Looks much better than the plain black one that was in. This was pretty straight forward.

Changed shifter to a 2013 illuminated shifter. This was a complete ain in the rear. Only tackle this if you have the patience and are methodical. Lots of screws of varying sizes and threads. Also potential to damage many parts. Vida instructions are not much use. Looks good completed but what a faff. Also make sure you check position of gear shifter before reassembly and save yourself a headache.

Will post some pics up.

#6 ·
Hi folks. Had my 2010 S80 executive a while now and looking to do a few little things to it.

Recently just changed front and rear brake discs and pads. Looked like they were the original ones and had never been changed. I had to thump the discs off with a mallet.

Replaced all with TRW discs and pads and would highly recommend them over pagid or jurid. The rear calipers and electric park brake are manufactured by TRW and the front calipers are ATE.

Anyway the rear right caliper was leaking and I had to drill out the rubbish hex screws that hold the electric motor for park brake as they had seized and rusted in place. So new (used) caliper replaced. The brake fluid had dropped low causing air in system so had to bleed all brakes. But worth it in the end.

While I was in I cleaned off all rust and sprayed all the suspension and brake parts under the car to protect them.

Anyway. I was thinking about putting a 2013 illuminated shifter in the car.

Upgrading the steering wheel to a 4 spoke R design one. I have RTI nav so cant do 3 spoke as need the sat nav controls.

Putting some v70 r design pedals on it

Upgrading the instrument cluster to the new tft one. (Was looking for some advice on this as it's easy enough to get a cluster but would need to buy a dice obd2 machine. Also how much is it to do on vdash?.)

Is it worth getting vdash. It is free but I have been hearing that to do any upgrades you have to pay pretty high prices?. Kind of puts me off. It's a hack and the idea of a hack is to save people money. Should maybe charge something but some of the prices especially for pro or their upcoming dongle are very steep.

I also noticed that there is a polestar rune available for my 2.4d takes the power from 175 to 195 and torque from 420 to 460. This is £599 from dealer.

I am currently looking into installing a sound system into the car. I have the dynaudio system and it sounds outstanding for a stock radio. Really is excellent. Just lacks a little oomph.

So I have a 4x130rms pioneer amp which will be running 4 kenwood kfc x693 6x9 speakers which will be installed on a custom rear mdf shelf.

In the boot I am making a custom 12 inch kenwood kfc wps1200f enclosure in the right hand side of the boot liner powered by a 450rms vibe monoblock amp with remote.

I will be tapping into the factory amp using an audiocontrol lc7i. I also have a wavtech wave 4 but I think the audiocontrol will be a better solution.

I was looking at upgrading the rear lights to the 2014 led but upon closer inspection I think I prefer the 2010 facelift ones. The 2014 led seem to have a random lump at the top which doesnt illuminate or reflect. The 2010 lights illuminate right to the top of the light cluster. Plus I dont think I could be bothered with error messages or putting roasting hot resistors in the car.

Let me know what you think about planned mods and this vdash. I am in the UK.
Did you find a cheaper way to do the tft retrofit?

From what I know the best and cheapest way is the vdash method that you described.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.