Thinking of a CPO XC 90
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thinking of a CPO XC 90

New to the forum, so apologies if this has already been answered.

It's a 2018 CPO T6 AWD inscription. About 20K miles, already had brakes replaced. Sounds a little scary. How is the reliability and anything else to watch out for?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I bought a 2016 T6 AWD in October with 45k. Been very satisfied.

I believe that MY2018 is quite reliable.
      Brakes seem to suffer a lot when adaptive cruise control or Pilot Assist is used.
      If the previous owner used these feautures a lot, it could explain that the brakes
      were replaced so soon. There were some prolems with rotors also, although I don't
      know if that was still the case in 2018. And some drivers seem to brake more often
      than they use the throttle (or even use both at the same time )
      2018 XC90 T5 (5-seater)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

its a 3 Ton vehicle with nearly 50% boron steel in the passenger compartment. Its not light. And like most cars since 2005, alot of bias is placed on the rear wheels for stopping. I changed the rear brakes myself on my 2017 xc90 t6 momentum plus recently at 27K miles. I couldve gone a bit longer, but I knew going into this purchase id be doing my own maintenance. I placed the brakes into maintenance mode, and replaced them in about 2 hours with a zimmerman coated rotor and OEM pad set from FCP Euro. Saved alot on labor doing it myself, but the parts are certainly pricey.

I have a 2017 with almost 50k miles and my brakes have been replaced twice under warranty for warped rotors. I wouldn't worry but if you have a problem out of warranty get something other than OEM rotors.

'Scary'? Brakes are a wear item - be grateful you get a fresh set. Ours lasted about 30k miles. I imagine that someone who makes frequent use of the auto-cruise-control would wear them out much faster (ever wonder how the vehicle slows itself down?)

Anyway, we've been very happy with our 2018 T6, best vehicle we've ever owned. That one you found with only 20k miles seems cherry.
      2018 Onyx Black T6 Momentum: Amber, 20" wheels

DIY Oil Change:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ange-with-pics

DIY Brake Pads:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ment-with-pics

I bought a CPO XC90 T8 a couple of weeks back. Noticed that the car was vibrating on hard braking at high speeds. Front rotors and pads were replaced recently (according to the service history) but only rear pads were replaced. Took it in yesterday morning to get it checked. Got a call after a couple of hours, said they found "hot spots" on the rear rotors and they needed to be replaced. Asked how much it'd cost, and he replied "no charge, under warranty". I had a whole argument prepared (bought it just last week, certified, 170 point inspection etc etc) - didn't get a chance to use it

Very happy with the service (Crest Volvo, Dallas). They gave me a 2020 XC90 T6 with 3000 miles on the odo as loaner for the day, so had fun in a new car and was able to do a more direct comparison between the T6 & T8.

I only had my CPO XC90 for two weeks now, so can't give you feedback on the long term reliability of the vehicle. But Volvo service is quite good based on my limited experience.
      2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription with Vision Package, Convenience Package, Luxury Package, Leather Dash, B&W Premium Sound, Air Suspension, Tow Hitch & 21" Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by nrvgnm View Post
      I bought a CPO XC90 T8 a couple of weeks back. Noticed that the car was vibrating on hard braking at high speeds. Front rotors and pads were replaced recently (according to the service history) but only rear pads were replaced. Took it in yesterday morning to get it checked. Got a call after a couple of hours, said they found "hot spots" on the rear rotors and they needed to be replaced. Asked how much it'd cost, and he replied "no charge, under warranty". I had a whole argument prepared (bought it just last week, certified, 170 point inspection etc etc) - didn't get a chance to use it

Very happy with the service (Crest Volvo, Dallas). They gave me a 2020 XC90 T6 with 3000 miles on the odo as loaner for the day, so had fun in a new car and was able to do a more direct comparison between the T6 & T8.

I only had my CPO XC90 for two weeks now, so can't give you feedback on the long term reliability of the vehicle. But Volvo service is quite good based on my limited experience.
      I am curious to know what do you think comparnig the T6 and T8 in terms of handling, motor, sensations while driving....

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements