S60r parking brake cable mounting tab location
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

S60r parking brake cable mounting tab location

Hey guys,

Been going through many broken stuff on my R this week and got to replace both parking brake cables and hardware and I was puzzled as to how the plastic T tab on the cable is supposed to be secured. The previous owner definitively tried to fix the parking brake but did not do a good job of it, replacing only one cable and not routing it properly...
      So not knowing where the tabs go, I searched the forum and found a great photo to better explain my problem (thanks to neonshaun). The tab is located where I expected it, but when I look at the mounting hole on my R there is no thread or anything, just an empty plastic hole. I tried screwing a M8 and M10 bolt, both too small and didn't catch any hidden thread. Does anyone know if an insert is supposed to be there or I need an M12 and a tap? How do I secure that tab on the car? Also just to be sure, the parking cable goes in front (towards the front of the car) of the link kit?

Thanks

Here is the picture of what I mean:
      [IMG][/IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don’t see the pic but I just replaced my entire rear. The tab points down (at the wheel end) in the back of the hub. There is a notch it fits into. The parking brake cable, when connected to the parking brake pads will hold it in. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

Weird I can see the picture just fine hosted on Imgur...

Regarding to your response I know how the cable clips into the hub. My question was regarding the mounting bracket attached to the cable. The T shaped bracket has 2 holes and only one is used per side but I have no bolt on the underside and no threaded hole that I can see

Edit: Picture works on desktop but doesn't seem to work on mobile website...

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I just did my rear bushings and sway bar a few weeks ago. If I recall there was a nut in only one hole.
      I've got to run to the shop later today to double check my alignment. When its up on the rack Ill confirm.

Try throwing some teflon tape in around an M8 bolt and thread it in. See if you can see the marks on the Teflon tape from the second hole. Youll know if there was supposed to be a bolt or not by seeing if theres thread marks on the teflon.
      Ill double check for you, and update later on today anyways. I do believe there should be a bolt in only one hole.

Reference from VIDA

I see the image now on my laptop. It is a long bolt about 2 inches, pointed on one end and the thread for the bolt is not standard metric. It is like a course drywall screw vs. the finer thread dry wall screw. When I get the car back from the shop I will climb under and unbolt it and take a pic.
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements