Anyone ever have their T8 just completely shut off while driving?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Anyone ever have their T8 just completely shut off while driving?

I drove down the block and stopped at a stop sign today and the car just completely shut off. Was so odd you could hear everything power down in an instant. I just turned the ignition switch and everything came back on. No error lights or messages. Was very surprising. Anyone else ever experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes. I posted about this some time ago

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?p=7498025

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

I’ve experienced mine’s Sensus restart a handful of times mod drive. About half of those the DIM would also reboot (going completely dark then coming back along with Sensus booting up). In fact this weekend, as approached the end of our street as I was leaving home Sensus and the DIM Bothel rebooted. It changed drive modes from Individual back to the default Hybrid and the DIM was momentarily in the default display mode vs. Sport display (red) Mode. It all restored back to my custom settings and I had to switch back to Individual for drive mode. This was only the 2nd time that in the reboot my drive mode changed which also alters my ride height as part of the reset.
      Last edited by VolvoUhu; 06-01-2020 at 11:44 AM.
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Our first: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Great, one more thing to worry about my T8

Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      Yes. I posted about this some time ago

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?p=7498025

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      Odd, mine has all the latest soft ware installed, infact it was just done about 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoUhu View Post
      I’ve experienced mine’s Sensus restart a handful of times mod drive. About half of those the DIM would also reboot (going completely dark then coming back along with Sensus booting up). In fact this weekend, as approached the end of our street as I was leaving home Sensus and the DIM Bothel rebooted. It changed drive modes from Individual back to the default Hybrid and the DIM was momentarily in the default display mode vs. Sport display (red) Mode. It all restored back to my custom settings and I had to switch back to Individual for drive mode. This was only the 2nd time that in the reboot my drive mode changed which also alters my ride height as part of the reset.
      different situation, my car died out completely like someone disconnected all power.

Quote Originally Posted by nrvgnm View Post
      Great, one more thing to worry about my T8
      yeah hope it doesnt happen again

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements