Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilence... Oh, And, Of Course, Non-Affiliated Finds - June 2020 - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
      Selling cars right now is odd. I first listed the SR (for $6500) here and not one comment on the ad. I then listed it to all the Volvo related Facebook groups that I am part of. A ton of comments and one message with a "$5000 cash tomorrow" offer. I told the dude to pound sand since I just listed it hours prior. After a few more days I listed it wider on FB Marketplace. Got a few more messages bu t no real interest. I then listed it on Craigslist the next day. Not only did I get the typical scam texts/emails, but I actually had three people with real interest. Two came to look and another was from Texas. The second dude gave me a good offer and it's now sold. Best $5 I ever spent.

I told a buddy how much I was going to list it for and he convinced me to list it higher. Glad I did since I got a lot more than what my original haggle price would have been.
      I had the exact experiance with my 4runner. Not a bite on the forums I posted it to, then about 8 hours on CL and sold for my asking price to the first guy to show up with cash. I should have kept it but having a house bulit.. great timing. lol

I loved your car, just like mine only mine is Ti grey.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rodtheviking View Post
      I had the exact experiance with my 4runner. Not a bite on the forums I posted it to, then about 8 hours on CL and sold for my asking price to the first guy to show up with cash. I should have kept it but having a house bulit.. great timing. lol

I loved your car, just like mine only mine is Ti grey.
      On the FB groups nearly all of the comments are about how absurd the asking prices are, even when they're totally reasonable or the car is a total unicorn. It's like we're all cheapskates or something lol
      1998 V70R Mystic Silver/Graphite
      1996 RN Swapped 854R Bright Red/Graphite
      Family Fleet:
      2000 S40 1.9T White/Cloth
      COMING SOON: 2009 C30 T5 R-Design M66 Silver/Two-Tone

Past:
      1998 V70 NA/m Classic Red/Light Gray

Most of the FB crowd are not serious buyers looking at the typical comments - it's like the poor man's BaT, lol.

Craigslist is a bit more targeted geographically and doesn't have a comment function which is a plus in most cases IMHO.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      it's like the poor man's BaT
      Truer words have never been spoken LOL
      1998 V70R Mystic Silver/Graphite
      1996 RN Swapped 854R Bright Red/Graphite
      Family Fleet:
      2000 S40 1.9T White/Cloth
      COMING SOON: 2009 C30 T5 R-Design M66 Silver/Two-Tone

Past:
      1998 V70 NA/m Classic Red/Light Gray

Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilence... Oh, And, Of Course, Non-Affiliated Finds - June 2020

Not a car, but thought I’d share this with you guys here; last summer, I went to a wedding in Denmark, and one of the songs they played at the party afterwards (which nearly every Danish person knew most of the words to) was about a Volvo B18 engine (from a P210 I’m pretty sure, because lots of the titles also on YouTube call the song “Volvo B18-210”).
      Song’s called “Roger and Over” and has a country vibe, and maybe some of you know it!Don’t know the meaning of the lyrics, although someone explained them to me at the time.
      I forgot about it since then, but it came back to me just now and I thought I just had to share it with you guys too!

Here it is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by SilverStreak177; 06-03-2020 at 03:44 PM.
      2004 V70 T5M - Ruby Red Metallic/Lt. Taupe Sport/Sirius wheels/330k mi

2005 S60R M66, Ti/Nordkap, 174k mi, $2200 USD
      Looks pretty clean, possibly anthracite wheels or just a lot of brake dust?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1503462416

11$_59.jpg

22$_59.jpg

My car was just stolen. Can't tell you how down I am. It's a '98 V70 AWD stolen last night in Sacramento county, CA close to Antioch which is in the East Bay. California license plate number 5CRR068. I thought I'd post here since you guys search all kinds of car sites and who knows where it could end up. Unfortunately I don't have a current picture and I'm not sure how to post the ones I do have. It is a rare 396/Dark Grey car with charcoal interior. Even though it's AWD it does not have the cross county trim so it looks like a normal '98 V70. Outside it has a wing, volans, jewel headlights, eggcrate grill. It was lowered and has numerous tweaks under the hood. Front seats are from a C70 and the door panels are not delaminated. Has leather shifter and brake handle. Again to the average guy all this probably just looks like it's supposed to be there, but I know you guys would spot it a mile away so I thought I'd reach out. Thanks to you all for reading. Cheers. Sorry for the repost I didn't realize a 2018 thread was at the top?

Was just coming to post in here too. Post it everywhere you can.
      Quote Originally Posted by canigo5.0 View Post
      My car was just stolen. Can't tell you how down I am. It's a '98 V70 AWD stolen last night in Sacramento county, CA close to Antioch which is in the East Bay. California license plate number 5CRR068. I thought I'd post here since you guys search all kinds of car sites and who knows where it could end up. Unfortunately I don't have a current picture and I'm not sure how to post the ones I do have. It is a rare 396/Dark Grey car with charcoal interior. Even though it's AWD it does not have the cross county trim so it looks like a normal '98 V70. Outside it has a wing, volans, jewel headlights, eggcrate grill. It was lowered and has numerous tweaks under the hood. Front seats are from a C70 and the door panels are not delaminated. Has leather shifter and brake handle. Again to the average guy all this probably just looks like it's supposed to be there, but I know you guys would spot it a mile away so I thought I'd reach out. Thanks to you all for reading. Cheers. Sorry for the repost I didn't realize a 2018 thread was at the top?
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

2015.5 Flamenco Red Metallic/Off Black XC70 T6 Platinum - 43k - $29,400 - Arizona - Looks to have all available optional packages. CARFAX begins in Aug 2019. Probably a military sale/European delivery.

https://www.lawleyhonda.com/VehicleD...-AZ/4568727483
      Last edited by Penguin; 06-03-2020 at 07:37 PM.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilence... Oh, And, Of Course, Non-Affiliated Finds - June 2020

Oh man, that really really sucks. I feel for you. I’ll keep a lookout on all the classified sites in case the theives want to sell it, and I’ll also be on the lookout for Volans for sale in that area. I really do hope you find it and get it back. The personal connections we make with our cars are very strong, and I can only imagine what you’re feeling right now. This is probably a stupid question, but did you file a police report? What did they say?

Last edited by SilverStreak177; 06-03-2020 at 07:41 PM.

AARRGGG, must have been stolen by someone you know or someone who knows what the car has and is about. So sorry to hear.
      01 S60 T5M Black, middle sons
      00 S70 GLT Black, youngest sons
      01 E46 325 XI Touring Silver, Wifes, totalled, bought back, repaired
      00 S70 GLT5 SE Moondisaster, T5 Swap, MINE !

Was thinking about this local offering to get more familiar with the earlier P80's, but this one is tooooo farrr gone. Should i report this to the Police as "Volvo Abuse"

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6474253?ad_cid=1#
      01 S60 T5M Black, middle sons
      00 S70 GLT Black, youngest sons
      01 E46 325 XI Touring Silver, Wifes, totalled, bought back, repaired
      00 S70 GLT5 SE Moondisaster, T5 Swap, MINE !

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
      2015.5 Flamenco Red Metallic/Off Black XC70 T6 Platinum - 43k - $29,400 - Arizona - Looks to have all available optional packages. CARFAX begins in Aug 2019. Probably a military sale/European delivery.

https://www.lawleyhonda.com/VehicleD...-AZ/4568727483
      I love when dealers phone in the description info...

"Interior: Beige"

Ummm, no.
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStreak177 View Post
      Oh man, that really really sucks. I feel for you. I’ll keep a lookout on all the classified sites in case the theives want to sell it, and I’ll also be on the lookout for Volans for sale in that area. I really do hope you find it and get it back. The personal connections we make with our cars are very strong, and I can only imagine what you’re feeling right now. This is probably a stupid question, but did you file a police report? What did they say?

They broke into my place of work, which the car was parked outside of. It's a bit of a crazy story, but they stole a ton of sporting goods equipment, two laptops, and a good amount of cash... on the first night. I think they found my keys this night as well. Then they came back the next night, stole a bunch of other stuff from the store and probably loaded it all up in my car and drove off with it. The store hasn't been broken into in 30 years and then it gets hit twice in two nights. From what they stole it's pretty obvious they've been in the store before, but I have a feeling the car was just a opportunity they took advantage of.

A police report has been filed, but with the police having their hands full right now I know there's not much chance of anything happening. They said there's a chance it will be recovered after they dump it, but i'm in a pretty rural area and I know it wouldn't be too hard to hide if they wanted. If they know anything about cars, there's enough aftermarket parts under the hood that I think they'd realize there might be money to be made if they part some of it out. Definitely gut wrenching. This car had a lot of blood and sweat put into it. They also stole three high end bikes that I'm never going to be able to replace either. F'ing sucks!

Damn that sucks dude. Unbelievable what is going on in this country right now. Good news guys we're almost half way through this year already
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Really feel bad for you, man. Keep us updated.
      Did you have serial numbers for the bikes?
      They broke into my place of work, which the car was parked outside of. It's a bit of a crazy story, but they stole a ton of sporting goods equipment, two laptops, and a good amount of cash... on the first night. I think they found my keys this night as well. Then they came back the next night, stole a bunch of other stuff from the store and probably loaded it all up in my car and drove off with it. The store hasn't been broken into in 30 years and then it gets hit twice in two nights. From what they stole it's pretty obvious they've been in the store before, but I have a feeling the car was just a opportunity they took advantage of.

A police report has been filed, but with the police having their hands full right now I know there's not much chance of anything happening. They said there's a chance it will be recovered after they dump it, but i'm in a pretty rural area and I know it wouldn't be too hard to hide if they wanted. If they know anything about cars, there's enough aftermarket parts under the hood that I think they'd realize there might be money to be made if they part some of it out. Definitely gut wrenching. This car had a lot of blood and sweat put into it. They also stole three high end bikes that I'm never going to be able to replace either. F'ing sucks!
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Really feel bad for you, man. Keep us updated.
      Did you have serial numbers for the bikes?
      If you have the VIN and the serial numbers of other parts (engine, trans, etc), it might be worth sharing those to help people keep an eye out on part outs.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body

Really clean ‘06 XC70 ORE #465 in Bend, Oregon

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/be...135434234.html

Volvo 850R original manual m59 survivor $14,000.00.
      saw this on TB.
      https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1504420503
      '97 855 , '74 144

Quote Originally Posted by nnn4865 View Post
      saw this on TB.
      Any thoughts on the pricing??

Quote Originally Posted by DonFleischer View Post
      Seems high for a Quebec car, I suspect it has been repainted. But I might be wrong...

Part out of 2009 S40 T5a RD AWD Passion Red.
      https://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/...132277482.html

Some stuff is gone, but looks like the two-tone seats are still available.

Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 06-05-2020 at 09:12 AM.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

2007 S60R Black/Nord 163k - $3,800
      https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...134606386.html

Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 06-05-2020 at 09:13 AM.
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

2007 S80 V8 AWD Blue/Black 144k - $4,900
      https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/c...132256418.html

Rebuilt title from Millennium but that Nordkap looks pretty clean, at least on my phone it does.

2005 V70R Black/Nord 119k - $7,900
      https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...135489339.html

Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 06-05-2020 at 09:14 AM.

The wheels would have to go, ASAP!

2007 S80 V8 AWD Silver/Black 163k - $6,000
      https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...135479953.html

Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 06-05-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFleischer View Post
      saw this on TB.
      €9.200 roughly, seems very reasonable to me.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Jared,

A friend's father sold his SM to another friend back in the early 80's. I got to drive it some - and it was basically a sportier version of the standard DS. Very smooth up to about 120. That car had the annoying habit of shutting off at random moments. We once walked off the top of a mountain a dozen miles from nowhere after it just quit on us. And the hydraulics were always failing, so you were left with an inch and a half of ground clearance.

The same friend briefly owned a metallic blue Daytona 365 coupe. Normally he would thrash his exotics and let his buddies have a go, too. But that one he stashed in an empty warehouse and never drove it at all - just flipped it for good money.

Go find an SM somewhere and take it for a spin, but do NOT even think about owning it. ymmv...

686Sport
      2008 V50 T5 awd / 2013 GC Overland / 2009 R1200RT [sold] / 2000 Tacoma TRD

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment

Interesting repaint "almost flash green" P2 VR. Atacama/m66/ 152k miles for $10k.

Quote Originally Posted by 686Sport View Post
      Jared,

A friend's father sold his SM to another friend back in the early 80's. I got to drive it some - and it was basically a sportier version of the standard DS. Very smooth up to about 120. That car had the annoying habit of shutting off at random moments. We once walked off the top of a mountain a dozen miles from nowhere after it just quit on us. And the hydraulics were always failing, so you were left with an inch and a half of ground clearance.

The same friend briefly owned a metallic blue Daytona 365 coupe. Normally he would thrash his exotics and let his buddies have a go, too. But that one he stashed in an empty warehouse and never drove it at all - just flipped it for good money.

Go find an SM somewhere and take it for a spin, but do NOT even think about owning it. ymmv...

686Sport
      My dad had a ID19 Safari (base trim of the DS) for about 15 years. Unfortunately they were brazed together so they had a severe rust problem in our part of the world, and the last 5 years or so he only drove it to move it to new storage locations as he was planning on restoring it eventually. I don't know enough about those cars to understand why there is such a huge disparity in ownership experience from car to car, but the hydraulic system in his functioned perfectly until it was unfortunately flooded in 1992 (the flood management strategy hadn't yet been worked out at our house at the time). If we ever got one I'm sure it'd come in handy that my dad knows his way around the hydraulics.....but, the way prices are going on them, we'll probably never have one, anyway.

Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 06-05-2020 at 12:23 AM.
      2007 XC70

saw this on TB.
      Car looks great!

Posted earlier in wrong thread. BAT is down. Wonder what it will look/be like...

That's some pretty, but expensive Norkap...

2004 V70R MT Silver/Nord 80k - $13,500 (Salvage)
      https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...134783280.html

2006 V70R Silver/Nord 259k - $7,500
      https://visalia.craigslist.org/cto/d...135146244.html

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast