Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilence... Oh, And, Of Course, Non-Affiliated Finds - June 2020 - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilence... Oh, And, Of Course, Non-Affiliated Finds - June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      Did anyone ever reach out to this guy?
      https://joplin.craigslist.org/pts/d/...100627822.html
      Oh man, this one again. Brought my spirits down and now I feel bad for the guy again. I feel like I need to go over there and give him a hug lol. Economically, it’s not really worth it for me to buy parts off of him, but someone definitely needs to. He’s sitting on a potential pile of gold, and he seems like a friendly old guy who got dealt a poor hand at this time in his life. I honestly hope his situation gets better - you guys can help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by SilverStreak177; 06-02-2020 at 01:30 AM.
      2004 V70 T5M - Ruby Red Metallic/Lt. Taupe Sport/Sirius wheels/330k mi

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's pretty well set up, but why have the center speaker but no SC-901?
      It did at one point. That car came from Texas to Windsor, Ontario, to its current owner. It's an OG VS car that was done right.
      2000 V70 R +M66 etc. | 2008 XC90 V8 | 2020 XC60 T5 | 1979 242 GT | 1995 850 T5R

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStreak177 View Post
      Very nice and clean interior, decent price

This one was for sale a year ago from a dealer. Not sure if its the same seller or the new seller is using the old dealer pictures. Either way it had electrical gremlins that were draining the battery. If anyone is interested, make sure the seller can prove he or she got the electronics sorted out.
      01 S60 T5M Black, middle sons
      00 S70 GLT Black, youngest sons
      01 E46 325 XI Touring Silver, Wifes, totalled, bought back, repaired
      00 S70 GLT5 SE Moondisaster, T5 Swap, MINE !

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Across town there is a shop with THOUSANDS of very high end tools, many Volvo specific setups and a literal goldmine of Volvo oem parts. My previous indy got sick a few years ago and never opened back up. He acquired for pennies on the dollar, all the tools and parts that a DC area dealer had when they folded (Martens). Further, he pulled all their shop manuals out of a big dumpster out in their back lot. He still has P80s, P2s and a 740 or two parked out front.

I fear he died and miss him. He was gruff, had a filthy shop, but knew what he was doing, did not like anything but oem, was factory trained after he got out of the Army and settled nearby. I could drive there, walk home, walk back to get the car later in the day. I knew the coffee and cigarettes he only ever seemed to ingest would get to him at some point. I offered to buy him a lunch several times on long shop days with my car(s) and he always rejected the offer.

Oh man, this one again. Brought my spirits down and now I feel bad for the guy again. I feel like I need to go over there and give him a hug lol. Economically, it’s not really worth it for me to buy parts off of him, but someone definitely needs to. He’s sitting on a potential pile of gold, and he seems like a friendly old guy who got dealt a poor hand at this time in his life. I honestly hope his situation gets better - you guys can help!
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilence... Oh, And, Of Course, Non-Affiliated Finds - June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Across town there is a shop with THOUSANDS of very high end tools, many Volvo specific setups and a literal goldmine of Volvo oem parts. My previous indy got sick a few years ago and never opened back up. He acquired for pennies on the dollar, all the tools and parts that a DC area dealer had when they folded (Martens). Further, he pulled all their shop manuals out of a big dumpster out in their back lot. He still has P80s, P2s and a 740 or two parked out front.

I fear he died and miss him. He was gruff, had a filthy shop, but knew what he was doing, did not like anything but oem, was factory trained after he got out of the Army and settled nearby. I could drive there, walk home, walk back to get the car later in the day. I knew the coffee and cigarettes he only ever seemed to ingest would get to him at some point. I offered to buy him a lunch several times on long shop days with my car(s) and he always rejected the offer.
      Wow. All I can say is he definitely seems like he was a hardworking no-nonsense kind of guy. Rare to find, especially these days. Kinda reminds me of my guy, but my guy’s got an “apprentice” who seems to also know what he’s doing, and I think will take over once the main guy can’t anymore. They complain all the time of finding bogus posts here and correcting people who claim to have a solution which doesn’t exist (like some weird ways to reprogram key fobs for very cheap etc), and they ask very fair prices. Too bad they’re a 25 minute drive away!
      What would happen to all those parts and cars if something did happen to him? Hopefully his family (unlike the other guy running out of steam) cared about him; I can’t stand people who just throw their family aside for no good reason. Maybe one day you’ll see him working on a car, and you’ll find out he was just visiting relatives on the other side of the country! Who knows.

Last edited by SilverStreak177; 06-02-2020 at 10:23 AM.

He hasn't been there since April of 2018...
      That would be a long visit. He was older. I'm pretty sure he's done, sadly.
      Wow. All I can say is he definitely seems like he was a hardworking no-nonsense kind of guy. Rare to find, especially these days. Kinda reminds me of my guy, but my guy’s got an “apprentice” who seems to also know what he’s doing, and I think will take over once the main guy can’t anymore. They complain all the time of finding bogus posts here and correcting people who claim to have a solution which doesn’t exist (like some weird ways to reprogram key fobs for very cheap etc), and they ask very fair prices. Too bad they’re a 25 minute drive away!
      What would happen to all those parts and cars if something did happen to him? Hopefully his family (unlike the other guy running out of steam) cared about him; I can’t stand people who just throw their family aside for no good reason. Maybe one day you’ll see him working on a car, and you’ll find out he was just visiting relatives on the other side of the country! Who knows.

2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Awww man, seriously someone go over and give him a hug (with masks on, obvs.) It seems like he's done "OK", and his kids are "OK", but is just "done" with the car thing. Kinda like when skywolf decided to clear his garage but a few decades too late?

I'm so sick of my cars as well. Ugh. Fired up the R for the first time in a month last weekend. Drove it for a mile and parked it again; took it off insurance & will be de-registering it when reg is due in Fall. Kids keep on asking when they can ride in the convertible again...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      Kids keep on asking when they can ride in the convertible again...
      This is the season, at least the abbreviated one where I live. My annual average of 3k miles a year in the ND will probably go to 1k (maybe) this year sadly.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Awww man, seriously someone go over and give him a hug (with masks on, obvs.) It seems like he's done "OK", and his kids are "OK", but is just "done" with the car thing. Kinda like when skywolf decided to clear his garage but a few decades too late?

I'm so sick of my cars as well. Ugh. Fired up the R for the first time in a month last weekend. Drove it for a mile and parked it again; took it off insurance & will be de-registering it when reg is due in Fall. Kids keep on asking when they can ride in the convertible again...
      The Sonic or the Laser?

I relate to that though. I'm happy with the 3 I have, but I have no desire to add anything more to the fleet at this point (used to have a ton of cars I thought I wanted) and I want to get rid of every part I don't have a plan for. And I want to finish all the cars so I can stop working on them and just enjoy driving for a while but that goal is at least in sight at this point. Really trying to streamline my material presence. Complete and running cars are easy to deal with.....projects and piles of parts are not.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

@Jared. What you need to do is hold each part in your hands and ask yourself, “Does this spark joy for me? Does it make me happy?” If not, toss it. 😂 Seriously, though, the “less stuff, more fun” motto is a good one.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

Possible Adventure.

2007 XC70 Barents/Black 125k - $5,600
      https://holland.craigslist.org/pts/d...133982217.html

Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 06-05-2020 at 09:31 AM.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      sadly.
      no!!! HAPPILY!!! less is more! (says the closet hoarder).
      '97 855 , '74 144

@Jared. What you need to do is hold each part in your hands and ask yourself, “Does this spark joy for me? Does it make me happy?” If not, toss it. 😂 Seriously, though, the “less stuff, more fun” motto is a good one.
      I'm on a decade late (maybe two) spring cleaning. feels good to unburden.
      '97 855 , '74 144

This one showed up at a Dealership website up in Bellingham, Washington listed as a 5 speed manual. I called and was told the car was sent to auction so I had been anxiously waiting the last week for it to finally list. Now that it has it turns outs it’s automatic. Still, one-owner 145k 2000 S70 T5 in Emerald green. Tan interior looks decent except for Driver seat. Door panels don’t even appear to be delaminating. Bummer, I thought we had a Unicorn here with a ‘00 T5M...

https://bellinghamauction.hibid.com/...122/car?ipp=10

@Jared. What you need to do is hold each part in your hands and ask yourself, “Does this spark joy for me? Does it make me happy?” If not, toss it. Seriously, though, the “less stuff, more fun” motto is a good one.
      Aren’t you supposed to fold it, put a hand on it and thank it for its service like Marie Kondo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      This is the season, at least the abbreviated one where I live. My annual average of 3k miles a year in the ND will probably go to 1k (maybe) this year sadly.
      Indeed! Cept we also got nowhere to go AND the NB is blocked by pallets of overflow cargo that customers will not accept. The freight should’ve left in May. Should’ve, but covid does what covid wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron-R View Post
      This one showed up at a Dealership website up in Bellingham, Washington listed as a 5 speed manual. I called and was told the car was sent to auction so I had been anxiously waiting the last week for it to finally list. Now that it has it turns outs it’s automatic. Still, one-owner 145k 2000 S70 T5 in Emerald green. Tan interior looks decent except for Driver seat. Door panels don’t even appear to be delaminating. Bummer, I thought we had a Unicorn here with a ‘00 T5M...

Wow, that's nice. I like the beat up driver's seat because it will put off a lot prospective buyers but it's so easy to remove and replace with a better one.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT

Selling cars right now is odd. I first listed the SR (for $6500) here and not one comment on the ad. I then listed it to all the Volvo related Facebook groups that I am part of. A ton of comments and one message with a "$5000 cash tomorrow" offer. I told the dude to pound sand since I just listed it hours prior. After a few more days I listed it wider on FB Marketplace. Got a few more messages bu t no real interest. I then listed it on Craigslist the next day. Not only did I get the typical scam texts/emails, but I actually had three people with real interest. Two came to look and another was from Texas. The second dude gave me a good offer and it's now sold. Best $5 I ever spent.

I told a buddy how much I was going to list it for and he convinced me to list it higher. Glad I did since I got a lot more than what my original haggle price would have been.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.
      2006 S60R Black Sapphire M66 - Resurrected from the dead and sold

Possible Adventure.

2007 XC70 Barents/Black 125k - $5,600
      https://holland.craigslist.org/pts/d...133982217.html
      Sure looks like one. Always wanted a Barents but the stable is a little full right now, lol.

This non turbo manual wagon has been up for a while, although nothing at all like a factory T5M

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1485862931120/
      The classic cruiser, 1972 164E, Alpine Blue Metallic.
      The new daily, 2011 XC60 T6 AWD, Terra Bronze Metallic.

Previous:
      2009 S60 2.5T AWD, Ice White, Shark Stage 1
      2001 S60 fwd

For the most current photos of the day, find me on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      The Sonic or the Laser?
      Sonic. Laser has been pushed out of the warehouse due to the same aforementioned overflow cargo. It'll get a complete PDR + detail later this month when I return to the office. This really is ALL covid's fault, not mine, of course. I don't have an impulse buying problem, force fed by a volvo (WTF?) web BBS , or anything.

@Jared. What you need to do is hold each part in your hands and ask yourself, “Does this spark joy for me? Does it make me happy?” If not, toss it. 😂
      Kondo can eat my arseh0le.

You're right though, sonic POS is really not sparking my joy; neither is the SPA truck needing new tires, neither is our DD Prius, for that matter. A douchnozzle neighbor with a v12 Ferrari ran his car up and down local streets at 2am during second nights of riots. I was pissed cause I woke up, but in retrospect, he's joy was being sparked, like a proper rich person would be. What I'm saying is I need a Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by nnn4865 View Post
      what do you need that for?

too cool not to post
      1982 Ford courier $4,000
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...08018369802830
      That truck is awesome, interior needs a bit of love though... but, it is also sold already.

I don't even need to do that. I know what the plan is, I know approximately what I have, and I know what I need/might need to get there. If it doesn't have a place in the plan, it goes, with a few limited exceptions for super rare stuff that doesn't take up a lot of space.
      Last edited by JaredR; 06-02-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Kondo can eat my arseh0le.

You're right though, sonic POS is really not sparking my joy; neither is the SPA truck needing new tires, neither is our DD Prius, for that matter. A douchnozzle neighbor with a v12 Ferrari ran his car up and down local streets at 2am during second nights of riots. I was pissed cause I woke up, but in retrospect, he's joy was being sparked, like a proper rich person would be. What I'm saying is I need a Ferrari?
      Well Ferrari 550 and Citroen SM are the only two cars left on my list I have any interest in actually having at some point....but my R will be fast enough for 1/10 the price when it's done so do I really need to go that much faster? Also don't want to be a douchenozzle so thanks for convincing me I don't need a V12 Ferrari lol. But the SM still looks like a spaceship and that's epic.

Quote Originally Posted by spiked60 View Post
      This non turbo manual wagon has been up for a while, although nothing at all like a factory T5M

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1485862931120/
      Ooh, that is pretty. I also like that ‘97 850 GLT down in the Bay Area that’s a page ago on this thread. The Pacific Northwest and Northern Cali still spitting out some clean P80’s, gotta love that!
      1998 V70R, M58 AWD manual, Built B5244T5 (Wiseco 81.5, RSI Rods), Garrett GTX3071R gen 2 .82ar (IWG), VAST custom tubular exhaust manifold and downpipe, Sachs 707pp/ R clutch,VAST COP E85 tune with dual VVT control, 3.25” ID MAF housing and custom intake, na TB, DW300, DW 950cc’s, ipd diverter, ipd intercooler, DO88 aluminum radiator, Magnaflow exhaust, Kaplhenke dbl adjustable front&rear coilovers, Kaplehenke delrin subframe bushings, ipd sways/strut brace, Porsche BBK front, rear '00 VR rotors/calipers, 17” BBS RGR’s, Jewels.
      485awhp, 598awtq on Mustang dyno

2007 S60R, Sonic/Gobi, 178k mi, $7000 USD
      Looks pretty clean

https://www.carstory.com/detail/2007...RH527272603791

1200x-.jpeg

1200x--2.jpeg

Thoughts?
      Last edited by SilverStreak177; 06-02-2020 at 06:47 PM.

2007 S60R, Sonic/Gobi, 178k mi, $7000 USD
      Looks pretty clean

https://www.carstory.com/detail/2007...RH527272603791

1200x-.jpeg

1200x--2.jpeg

Thoughts?
      Love the color. Should be some haggle room considering the higher mileage, but doesn't seem too from where it ought to be, especially if there is no dealer fee associated with the sale.

The Pacific Northwest and Northern Cali still spitting out some clean P80’s, gotta love that!

Turbo Wagon 1996 - $2000 (Bellevue) one pic, 350k, black, persus, .... uhhggg
      https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/c...134372380.html
      '97 855 , '74 144

Turbo Wagon 1996 - $2000 (Bellevue) one pic, 350k, black, persus, .... uhhggg
      https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/c...134372380.html
      uhhhhhhhhh that car is RHD
      http://momentcar.com/image-model/985...850-5.jpg.html

uhhhhhhhhh that car is RHD
      can't get nuthin past the J meister!!
      '97 855 , '74 144

1996 Volvo 850 Wagon for Trade
      104k platinum, Santa Rosa, ca. probably gonna want too much for it but hey, craigslist w/ pictures, maybe things are looking up CW

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...133783853.html
      I would buy that one.

The ecodes and amber repeaters were a good indictation. Also looks like it has the wood steering wheel which is kinda cool. I'm guessing the "mileage" might actually be kilometres. Doesn't look like a bad deal for someone if it's in good mechanical shape
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 41k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Past: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 148k, "XC"

It's a stock photo lol that's what the link is to

It's a stock photo lol that's what the link is to
      OH hahah
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 41k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Past: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 148k, "XC"