New Themes coming TFT DIM !? D5T5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

New Themes coming TFT DIM !? D5T5

Hi guys,

D5T5 team seems to be working on editing graphics of the TFT DIM. Not sure what they are up to, hopefully we can expect some new theme's coming. Personally I would really like to see the blue R design theme, they can swap out the rather boring ECO theme for me!

As swap of graphic resources would mean that the actual meters/information stays the same. Not sure if we will have Normal/ECO/Performance with changed graphics only.

Let's start a thread on this..
      Regards,
      Last edited by GruttePier; 06-02-2020 at 05:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How would we get this these? These look really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you install these as well? Would be cool to swap some of them around a little, I never use the Elegance setting and rarely the Eco, so would be neat to make those a little different.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I recall seeing a Volvo Performance theme offered in Europe that was blue instead of red. Would be nice to have that offered in Blue, Red or Brown (CC owners)
      2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

All of these would be downloaded (for a fee) via the VDASH software.

In all honesty, I can appreciate what these guys are doing but their prices are way out of line and they seem to only be getting more expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by emgrock1 View Post
      All of these would be downloaded (for a fee) via the VDASH software.

In all honesty, I can appreciate what these guys are doing but their prices are way out of line and they seem to only be getting more expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Exactly. I was one of the first to go down the route of using VDASH and posted on it in the TFT install thread I made. The price of the install has continually increased since. They promised to look at making the Eco/Power meters work for us, but it has been two years now and I'm not sure we would get them for free at this point regardless.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Little update on their facebook - seems to be the entry/closure logo animation that will be customizable and later in another update the colors of the themes. So blue Performance and Polestar Black elegance should be on the horizon I would say

I've been hot for the blue performance theme for a while (because Volvo) but after shelling out $280 USD for the TFT conversion, I don't know that I would commit any more money to it.

I'm not complaining BTW, they certainly deserve to be paid for the work they have done, but it seems like everything offered starts at $50 and goes up from there. If it provided increased functionality, such as the Eco/Power meters, that would be great... but a bit pricey for some new skins (of which I would only use one.)
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

Question Question on Vdash and Mdash

I purchased a used 2013S60 with the TFT retrofit already done. It was a selling point with the awesome dash. Had dealer try to "help the trans by installing the software update and they wiped out everything. Lost all instruments and Nav. Just ordered a Volvo Dice. What else do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by ESchrempf View Post
      I purchased a used 2013S60 with the TFT retrofit already done. It was a selling point with the awesome dash. Had dealer try to "help the trans by installing the software update and they wiped out everything. Lost all instruments and Nav. Just ordered a Volvo Dice. What else do I need?
      You probably need the original DIM to reload software elsewhere by the dealer. This part is probably not available anymore. Therefore I advise to look for the original DIM partnumber and put back in the original DIM part number (maybe your dealer has an S60 DIM available from the same year, to give a go). If the original DIM is placed back I would think the Dealer is able to reload the software he wants to reload. If that is completed you are set with the software update of your transmission.
      Note: if the sofware reload was successfully but only your DIM is blacked out, the original CEM block might be placed back. But that would mean the white LED indicators for the gear and fuel are still visible... is that the case?

Next you will need VDASH running on a laptop having the DICE. VDASH you need to run the TFT Retrofit wizard again. VDASH probably recognizes your car already, because the wizard was executed before. I think this should be the solution... not sure though.

Good luck

Angry original dash

Unless I pay the dealer close to $2,000 USD, getting the original part number will be difficult. I have found many online for much less, but it is a crap shoot to know if it is the required part number.
      I do have the shifter position and fuel gauge. but nothing else. If I get VDASH and DICE, would I have a chance of getting a dash back? Spending several grand to get back to where I started is just making me more angry.

Quote Originally Posted by ESchrempf View Post
      Unless I pay the dealer close to $2,000 USD, getting the original part number will be difficult. I have found many online for much less, but it is a crap shoot to know if it is the required part number.
      I do have the shifter position and fuel gauge. but nothing else. If I get VDASH and DICE, would I have a chance of getting a dash back? Spending several grand to get back to where I started is just making me more angry.
      Sounds like the CEM block has been restored. I had exactly the same situation when doing the upgrade itself. The new TFT DIM was blocked, briefly (few sec) showed the boot animation and than nothing else happened, only shifter position and fuel gauge LEDs were on. After running the TFT Wizard (first time for my car) VDASH configured everything correctly...

So, you might want to use this forum to seek somebody with a dice, VDASH is available as download from D5T5.com..

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements