Why are used V90's so cheap? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      We were a bit more genteel back then....
      I'm 84. Been there.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by das60 View Post
      In the DC area it is the S90 that is downright cheap - 2017 are listing at 30k the V-90 is around 40k. We just exchanged a 2017 for a 2020 and it came to $7,500 plus $4,000 as we opted for the luxury package on the new one. One factor has to be them disappearing from the market.

Saw the new Audi A6 Avant yesterday, glad we did not wait for it $$$ and ugly. Boy racer car not a wagon.

I typically buy-and-keep my new car purchases for 10+ years. Cars are a depreciating asset, so I don't worry much about the loss in value over time.

Regarding your A6 Avant comment, I agree. In June 2020 I took ownership of my fully loaded factory ordered 2020 V90 Inscription, after considering the Benz E450 and Audi A6 Avant wagons. IMO, the V90, hands-down, looks much nicer, has superior front-seat comfort and is, by far, the better value (anywhere from $15K to $20K+ less than its competitors). It has a classic design that, IMO, 10 years from now will still look unique, although one draw-back is that the sloping rear roof-line results is diminished storage area. Plus, based on USA 2020 V90 sales data (Jan - May) 48 V90's (the R and Inscription) were purchased (http://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en.../sales-volumes). I don't have a breakdown between the R and the Inscription, but never-the-less, the V90 is pretty rare.

PS: Considering the V90's competitors can have a purchase cost exceeding $20K, have far higher yearly maintenance costs, use run-flat tires vs the V's non-run-flats and, IMO, the V's front seat comfort is superior, it was an easy choice, for me, to purchase the V90. Even though the V90 Inscription is not inexpensive and, frankly, the rear-area storage room is less than that in a Subaru Outback wagon, the interior accommodations, driver aids and safety features make it a good value as compared to its direct competition. To me, the biggest negative with the V90 is the 4-cylinder engine vs the 6 in the competitors. I like the 6's for their smooth and quite operation, which actually provide better gas mileage, but have found that the Volvo's 4-cylinder engine is fairly quiet and the transmission has seamless shifting.
      Last edited by maggs; 06-15-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I'm considering getting a CPO V90CC (2017 or 2018) given the amount of car it offers for the money (around half price of original MSRP now). I've remember seeing somewhere around the forums that certain updates need to be made, e.g. Sensus updates, maps updates, software updates to go with the USB, etc. Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of these?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mizzao View Post
      I'm considering getting a CPO V90CC (2017 or 2018) given the amount of car it offers for the money (around half price of original MSRP now). I've remember seeing somewhere around the forums that certain updates need to be made, e.g. Sensus updates, maps updates, software updates to go with the USB, etc. Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of these?
      And Polestar tune, that's all.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237344 miles [2020-10-13]

I just picked up a 2018 V90CC ORE with 11,000 mi (private owner, older gentleman who traded the car in) for $42,300. It had all the OR accessories and the load bar was still in the box in the trunk. I think I got a reasonable deal....at least I hope I did

Just to close the loop on this, I picked up a 2017 V90CC T6 with 70k mi for $29.8k. It was in great shape, and had everything except 20" wheels (bad ride anyway) and luxury pkg (Bowers & Wilkins is mind blowing with high bitrate audio!)

I just bought an extended warranty for 10 years/unlimited miles from Steingold with the SWEDESPEEDCPO coupon. So despite the high mileage, looking forward to enjoying the car for years to come. Considering this costs much less than even a new-ish top trim Subaru Outback, it feels like quite a steal.

I would love to find some load bars and a roof box next. Want to sell yours?
      2017 V90CC T6 Osmium Grey

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      If you ask me, even a new V90 is cheap, considering how well equipped it is and what a comfortable, enjoyable ride it is.
      VLDI, I agree with you. My factory ordered 2020 V90 arrived in June 2020, and I can vouch for its extremely comfortable front seats (having taken several 5 hour+ extended trips) since its arrival. Regarding "value", if one were to compare it to its only true competitor (the 2020 E-450 Estate Wagon), the E comparably equipped to the V priced out at over $20K more in my eastern-USA/NJ market! IMO, while the E had a few more technology features, and some of the comparable ones were a little more advanced (e.g., I preferred the E's auto-pilot assist to the V's pilot assist), I didn't think the E's considerably higher purchase cost, let alone its much more expensive maintenance costs, were worth the price premium. Plus, I was totally turned off by the E's run-flat tires and no-spare in the trunk. Lastly, my 2020 V90 Inscription wagon is rarer than a Ferrari, and I kind of like that, and I think the V90 Inscription's design is very stylish.

NOTE: For 2021, I believe the V90 Inscription will be the only true wagon offered in the USA. The E-estate wagon and the Audi Avant All-Road will be offered only with in the raised height version (similar to V90CC). This will make the V90 Inscription rarer still!

Quote Originally Posted by maggs View Post
      NOTE: For 2021, I believe the V90 Inscription will be the only true wagon offered in the USA. The E-estate wagon and the Audi Avant All-Road will be offered only with in the raised height version (similar to V90CC). This will make the V90 Inscription rarer still!
      Audi will have the RS6 Avant which will be a true wagon form, but that's in a class of its own.
      2008 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI
      2013 Porsche Carrera S cabriolet 7MT
      2020 Volvo V90 T6 Inscription with Polestar optimization

VLDI, I agree with you. My factory ordered 2020 V90 arrived in June 2020, and I can vouch for its extremely comfortable front seats (having taken several 5 hour+ extended trips) since its arrival. Regarding "value", if one were to compare it to its only true competitor (the 2020 E-450 Estate Wagon), the E comparably equipped to the V priced out at over $20K more in my eastern-USA/NJ market! IMO, while the E had a few more technology features, and some of the comparable ones were a little more advanced (e.g., I preferred the E's auto-pilot assist to the V's pilot assist), I didn't think the E's considerably higher purchase cost, let alone its much more expensive maintenance costs, were worth the price premium. Plus, I was totally turned off by the E's run-flat tires and no-spare in the trunk. Lastly, my 2020 V90 Inscription wagon is rarer than a Ferrari, and I kind of like that, and I think the V90 Inscription's design is very stylish.

I agree with all you said above, but I think one option that tempts me for the E-class wagons are the 3rd row seats (7 seats total). I wish these would be an option on the V90.
      2017 V90CC T6 Osmium Grey

Quote Originally Posted by mizzao View Post
      I agree with all you said above, but I think one option that tempts me for the E-class wagons are the 3rd row seats (7 seats total). I wish these would be an option on the V90.
      LOL. To each his own. Actually, when I checked out the E-Class wagon with the 3rd/rear facing seat, I didn't like it. The size was only suitable for small children and I was really worried about it for safety reasons. Also, this 3rd row seat took away from space for a spare tire (my long-distance travel typically takes me to places where roadside assistance is limited and I was concerned that a run-flat tire sidewall blowout, with no spare, could leave me stranded). I believe, in Europe, one may have the option to order with or without the 3rd row seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Smith View Post
      Audi will have the RS6 Avant which will be a true wagon form, but that's in a class of its own.
      LOL. I guess I didn't consider the RS6 Avant to be a "true wagon", since it has a 591hp/590ftlb engine. To me, that's a track car, not a weekend family cruiser. I still think that, for 2021, the only family wagon sold in the USA will be the Volvo V90 Inscription. The RS6, at $109K+, and the E-63S, at $117K+, mascaraed as track cars in wagon clothing. The V90 Inscription, at $60K+, is a family interstate cruiser. Regarding the Audi Avant A6 AllRoad and the MB E-450 Estate Wagon, with their raised height and body cladding for 2021, IMO, they compare visually with the Subaru Outback wagon, and have only marginally more safety features. To me, the V90 Inscription really stands apart for these "wagons", although I'd be happy to own any of them, in addition to my V90.

What about the R Design?
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

LOL. I guess I didn't consider the RS6 Avant to be a "true wagon", since it has a 591hp/590ftlb engine. To me, that's a track car, not a weekend family cruiser. I still think that, for 2021, the only family wagon sold in the USA will be the Volvo V90 Inscription. The RS6, at $109K+, and the E-63S, at $117K+, mascaraed as track cars in wagon clothing. The V90 Inscription, at $60K+, is a family interstate cruiser. Regarding the Audi Avant A6 AllRoad and the MB E-450 Estate Wagon, with their raised height and body cladding for 2021, IMO, they compare visually with the Subaru Outback wagon, and have only marginally more safety features. To me, the V90 Inscription really stands apart for these "wagons", although I'd be happy to own any of them, in addition to my V90.
      I really fail to see what makes the A6 Avant Allroad any less of a wagon than a V90CC...

I consider the V90CC a wagon. It's the same body as the standard V90, just in heels.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
      Current:
      2018 V90CC ,Osmium Grey / Blond, Luxury Package, Heads Up Display, B&W Sound, Trailer Hitch, Convenience Package, Polestar - "Julia" ,August 2017 OSD
      1987 Ferrari Testarossa - "Scarlett"
      2003 Porsche 911 - "Sally"

Sold:
      1987 Mercedes 300TD - "Veggie" ran off vegetable oil.
      2002 V70XC - "Lisbeth" - Sold 4/14/2018 with 130,202 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by VxF View Post
      I really fail to see what makes the A6 Avant Allroad any less of a wagon than a V90CC...
      To me there's no difference. They're both raised wagons. My preference is the low-profile/car-like V90. Nothing bad about the raised wagons, just not something I'm personally interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      What about the R Design?
      I like the R Design. However, particularly due to my wife's medical/back conditions, I opted to purchase the V90 Inscription for its comfort. We use this car, primarily, for long-distance travel.

Quote Originally Posted by kartboy1234 View Post
      I consider the V90CC a wagon. It's the same body as the standard V90, just in heels.

So is the cc is sexier? I don’t know about that.. maybe orthopedic corrective sandals instead of heels?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      So is the cc is sexier? I don’t know about that.. maybe orthopedic corrective sandals instead of heels?
      I find it sexier, that's why I bought one. It's sexier to me because it fits my use case of bad highways and steep driveway entrances. Also maybe I find the slightly more muscular look more appealing.

Current:
      2018 V90CC ,Osmium Grey / Blond, Luxury Package, Heads Up Display, B&W Sound, Trailer Hitch, Convenience Package, Polestar - "Julia" ,August 2017 OSD

Sold:

I find it sexier, that's why I bought one.
      Funny, I always thought jacking the V90CC up and putting phony-SUV plastic cladding all over it was the quickest way to ruin a sophisticated design. The car was meant to be a V90.

Jacking up the V90 (with my V90CC OR) probably saved me $$$ when I drove over a rock in my driveway, left in the middle of a pile of snow by a snow plow. Only cracked the oil pan. The mechanic was surprised I didn't rip loose half of the underside. And I do find the gray cladding of the OR with the metallic white to be rather stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by porschie356 View Post
      Funny, I always thought jacking the V90CC up and putting phony-SUV plastic cladding all over it was the quickest way to ruin a sophisticated design. The car was meant to be a V90.
      Well we all can have our own likes and dislikes. I like the look of the wider fenders. I have the body colored one. So if I lowered the car then it's just a V90 with a body kit

Current:

Sold:

I got my 2018 V90 CC with the luxury package that changes the cladding to color coded and it looks amazing. (Ok that's subjective). I guess it looks just like the 'regular' V90 with a little ride height. LOL

Just picked up our new 18 S90 Momentum with everything but heated windshield and Heads Up Display at Lehman Volvo in Mechanicsburg PA last Saturday.

Just missed out on a Polestar Momentum black with the black and tan interior. Both were listed under $30K. Both CPO, this one until 3/23.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by SteveP; 08-25-2020 at 02:20 PM.
      His: 2018 S90 Momentum Osium Gray/Black Hers: 2015.5 V60 Premiere E-Drive Silver/Black
      Gone But Not Forgotten: 2006 XC90 V8 Silver/Black, 2010 C30 T5 R Design Passion Red, 2004 V70R Ti/Gobi, 2004 S80, 2001 V70, 740GLE and too many 240s to count!
      To R is Still Human!

Jacking up the V90 (with my V90CC OR) probably saved me $$$ when I drove over a rock in my driveway
      People who have rocks in their driveway definitely should buy the CC. And stay away from Porsches.

People who have rocks in their driveway definitely should buy the CC. And stay away from Porsches.
      And do not even think about an Austin Healey 3000

https://content.homenetiol.com/1600x...8811a04279.jpg
      Last edited by gak; 08-22-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
      Just picked up our new 18 V90 Momentum with everything but heated windshield and Heads Up Display at Lehman Volvo in Mechanicsburg PA last Saturday.

Just missed out on a Polestar Momentum black with the black and tan interior. Both were listed under $30K. Both CPO, this one until 3/23.

Attachment 65795
      Did you also post that on FB (Volvo Owners of North America)?

Congrats on the V90!
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Did you also post that on FB (Volvo Owners of North America)?

Congrats on the V90!
      Thanks. It's actually a S not a V. Mrs. has the V70 in the driveway

And yes I did post it on FB

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
      His: 2018 S90 Momentum Osium Gray/Black Hers: 2015.5 V60 Premiere E-Drive Silver/Black
      Gone But Not Forgotten: 2006 XC90 V8 Silver/Black, 2010 C30 T5 R Design Passion Red, 2004 V70R Ti/Gobi, 2004 S80, 2001 V70, 740GLE and too many 240s to count!
      To R is Still Human!

Kinda surprised about how cheap some of the V90's are considering dealers didn't really keep an inventory of them and they were basically built upon request is my understanding. However, as I've found (despite the uptick in newer and low mileage used cars in the pandemic), the S90's are screaming deals. In terms of CPO vs prior used, the prior ownership does not always represent the level of care. I was looking at a 2018 CPO S90 in GA with 39k mi in mid-Sept that had been on sale since June (red flag #1) for just under $27k. The CarFax mentioned an accident in the left front with minor damage and while the inspection report mentioned a missing right front tow hook cover the pictures showed a missing rear right tow hook cover and a dented dust cover behind the rear right brake disc which I found really odd. I was still interested given it's CPO status and the fact that it was a T5 Momentum with the B&W sound system, 19" wheels and HUD. I ended up purchasing a 2019 S90 T5 Momentum former rental with the advanced package (HUD and 360 cam), rear diffuser, 19" wheels and genuine leather package + a few minor extras giving it nearly $7k in options with only 15,500 mi and a purchase price of $28k. All things being considered I believe I made the right decision (although I really would have traded the $1,400 genuine leather for the $800-$900 Harman Kardon sound but hey). I do have a CEL that is throwing a code for small evap leak but its under warranty and I have an appointment to look at it so I don't lose any sleep over it. All things being considered I believe most of the S90 used car purchases are an absolute bargain right now and the V90s are not far behind depending on how much you want/need a wagon (I had a high want by low need).

31. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2