SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2020 Volvo XC60 T5 Osmium Gray/Blond City-Weave Textile Build Thread

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  R-Pow3R3d 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I wanted to start a build thread for my XC60 that I ordered in early February
and finally picked up last Friday.

I had been looking for an R-Design, but stumbled across the fact that the City Weave
was now available on the build and price for T6/T8 models. I did some searching
and was able to find one T8 and one T5 on cars.com, from there I reached out to a dealer
about the availability on T5 models since it didn't show on the build and price.
The dealer I ordered from did some investigation and as soon as they said
it was available I placed the order.

Spec: T5 Momentum FWD Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile Interior

Options:
Heated Seats/Steering Wheel
Heated Rear Seats
Premium Package

Accessories:
Exterior Styling Kit
Fender Extensions
Polestar Optimization
Polestar Engineered Strut Bar
22" 10-Spoke Black Diamond Cut Wheels
Wheel Locks
All-Weather Mats
Trunk Tray
Front Mudflaps
Sunshade
R-Design Pedals
Rear Bumper Guard

I ordered the car as a "blank canvas" and did not add any port installed options
or upgraded wheels as I planned on changing them. Other than having the dealer install the Exterior Styling Kit,
Polestar Optimization and Fender Extensions. I purchased all the accessories,
separately as it was more cost effective to do so.

Before I picked the car I had the full front-end wrapped in paint protection film (PPF).

For now I just plan on having the windows tinted and installing an R-Design grill to give
my wallet a break. ;)

Delivery Day:

See less See more
#3 ·
Pictures from the PPF installer:

Super happy with the way it turned out. All edges are wrapped for a basically invisible installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
It didn't even make it home from the dealership before the modifications began! Stopped by my shop on the way home to install my stock pile of parts I had been ordering since February.

Polestar Engineered Strut Bar:

Part#'s:

Bar: 32207448
Attaching Plates:32207453 and 32207454
Bolts for Bar(4):987515

#19 ·
#8 ·
The pooch is one happy camper!!!!

#10 ·
Pooch approves of your new ride - you picked a winner!

I kind of wish you drove the car without the strut tower brace so you could let us know if it firmed up the steering feel. The XC60 has very vague feeling steering even with the individual drive mode set to the most heavy wheel setting.

#12 · (Edited)
I had the same thoughts about the steering. Before I ordered it I had test driven a 2020 Inscription and a CPO 2018 Momentum with 4k miles, as well as previously having a 2019 R-Design and a 2019 Momentum for a loaner each for about a week.

However, when I drove it the first time even with the 18" wheels I immediately thought to myself "this steering feels firmer and more direct than I remember?" even without the bar. I always thought the handling was fine and actually stayed pretty flat in the corners but thought it could use a bit more weight.

I drove the car about 5.5 hours and 400 miles home before installing the bar. However, I did install the bar and the 22" wheels with summer tires at the same time so I can't differentiate exactly what made the bigger difference but I'd say it's about perfect now. The steering even in comfort mode has a nice firm feel and the vehicle tracks precisely.

I guess if I had to use a word to describe how the front end feels is solid?? The front end is solid and composed feeling on uneven or rough surfaces.

For what it costs and how easy the install is (5 min) it's worth a shot. Plus it looks nice too [emoji16]

I got it from volvooempartsdirect.com. It was around $350 shipped. Do a search on the SPA S60/V60 section, several members have done it for their cars and shared their impressions as well.

#13 ·
Gorgeous. Love the textile and wish it were available on other trim levels. The gray is also pretty, though I would worry about visibility on gray, drizzly days. It is my favorite of the metallic colors, though.

#18 · (Edited)
Whoaaaaaa where did you find Osmium gray side mirror caps/posts? Are they hard to swap in? I'm assuming all XC60s have motorized mirrors and won't be an issue?

MIC black plastic and generic black side mirrors are the lame... I didn't even realize Volvo had an option to get painted mirrors.

Edit: Blah, nevermind I thought you replaced the black part of the mirrors that attach to the vehicle. I guess I shouldn't respond without seeing the picture next time :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.