SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Retiring

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Joeyboy 
#1 ·
After 40 yrs and 4 months in the auto industry... I have decided to retire. I was 27 when I started... and I could not begin to name all the people I have met on this journey.
To my OSD customers.. I say THANK YOU for allowing me to handle your order and assist you with your travels. It was fun 👍
To my Swedespeed friends ... you have been a great source of exchanging of ideas and info about a wide variety of topics. Thank you to each of you.
To the Swedespeed staff... thank you for allowing me to sponsor the OSD forum... and to Yannis for recommending me. 😎
I spent 16 yrs here.... met some amazing on line friends and arranged your OSD’s.
Many of you I have never met in person... but I feel like I know you and consider you each as a friend.
As for what is next???? My wife has made a 2 page list of “projects” ... so I am sure I will stay busy 😛
May God bless each of you and remember... Volvo For Life

#3 ·
After 40 yrs and 4 months in the auto industry... I have decided to retire. I was 27 when I started... and I could not begin to name all the people I have met on this journey.
To my OSD customers.. I say THANK YOU for allowing me to handle your order and assist you with your travels. It was fun ?
To my Swedespeed friends ... you have been a great source of exchanging of ideas and info about a wide variety of topics. Thank you to each of you.
To the Swedespeed staff... thank you for allowing me to sponsor the OSD forum... and to Yannis for recommending me. ?
I spent 16 yrs here.... met some amazing on line friends and arranged your OSD's.
.. Volvo For Life
Oh Noooo! Sad for all future OSD'rs. Thank you for all that you did for us over all these years. OSD would not be what it is without your promotion and great assistance. Congratulations on the many years of Volvo service. You will be missed. Good luck on your future adventures. Live healthy and long.

#4 ·
Bob - Thank you.
Your help during my purchase was critical - covid, change of travel bureau - you made it all very easy.

Do not be a stranger, let us know where you end up.

Maybe we should do a Volvo OSD meet once you know where you landed ?

All the best, enjoy your retirement - you earned it !

/kleks

#7 ·
Congratulations and enjoy your retirement.......it's very well deserved!

#8 ·
Bob - thanks for the memories. You made our last OSD trip truly exceptional. It was an honor to meet you when we picked up our car in Charlotte. It is extremely rare to encounter someone who has so much passion about something, in this case Volvos. You have helped hundreds and hundreds on this forum with your knowledge, your experiences and your advice. I hope you will check in from time to time just to say hi. Give Zep a biscuit and don't let Mrs. Kennedy wear you out with that to-do list!

#9 ·
Congrats Bob! You have been a great resource to all of us who love Volvo. Have a great retirement. You deserve it!

#10 ·
Well earned; enjoy retirement!!!

Thanks to you, our OSD experience was virtually perfect. The hiccups we encountered, you solved. Can't ask for more than that. Still have our XC60 and continue to be very happy with it.

God speed, and happy travels (wherever your Volvo takes you). :wave:

#11 ·
Congratulations, Bob! Wishing you best for you, your health, and family. I have been able go on many OSDs vicariously through many with your guidance. You have been a enduring inspiration.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#12 ·
I wish you the very best and I hope that you enjoy retirement as much as I do. I actually found out about your retirement not from this formI’m, but because last week I called University Volvo looking for you. My trip to Sweden was flawless and I wanted to go through you and university Volvo to do it again. That’s when I found out you were no longer working. ☹ Good for you, bad for your customers! Congratulations on your retirement

#13 ·
Bob....best wishes for your retirement. While we never did get to do an OSD deal with you, I feel fortunate to correspond with you and meet you on several occasions during business trips to Charlotte.
Enjoy! Remember...everything on the retirement/spouse "to do list" has the word "optional" immediately following! ;-). Rick Talbot

#14 ·
Rick...
My wife says “optional” is not a valid response 🤣🤣 Actually... I only I have 2 more major items on the list, so I have earned some “time off” this week 🍻
Hope you are doing well... and let me know when you are headed back to Charlotte 👍

#16 ·
Rick...
My wife says "optional" is not a valid response ?? Actually... I only I have 2 more major items on the list, so I have earned some "time off" this week ?
Hope you are doing well... and let me know when you are headed back to Charlotte ?
Bob, You are on drugs if you think that the list will ever be cleared.

#15 ·
We've never met but I've read your helpful posts. Best of luck in retirement and I wish you much health and happiness. Thanks for sharing your Volvo passion!

#17 ·
Congrats! Your post have always been helpful, and everybody speaks good things when dealing with you.

Is there anybody you’re passing the reins to that will continue to offer good OSD service and prices, that you can recommend? It might be good to know in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.