Polestar... why did I wait almost 2 years?!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Had it added to my ‘16 T6 Inscription at my 40K today and boy-o-boy what a significant difference! To me it is well worth what I paid. I enjoyed driving in Dynamic from time-to-time, but I think I’ll be in Polestar 90% of the time from here on out.

If you are on the fence like I was, just do it!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Enjoy the Polestar tune-up. I use mainly on freeways, especially with CV19 less congestion and can actually feel the power during my 1 day commute to office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

Agree with you 100%. I enjoy driving in P* mode often.

2018 XC60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension | 21" Wheels | Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Krabba View Post
      Had it added to my ‘16 T6 Inscription at my 40K today and boy-o-boy what a significant difference! To me it is well worth what I paid. I enjoyed driving in Dynamic from time-to-time, but I think I’ll be in Polestar 90% of the time from here on out.

If you are on the fence like I was, just do it!
      New XC90 T8 owner here. Noob question, what's polestar? Why did you wait to add it?

Thanks

Here’s a good place to start...

https://engineered.polestar.com/us/?...SAAEgKdJPD_BwE

2018 XC60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension | 21" Wheels | Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by matt_belmony View Post
      New XC90 T8 owner here. Noob question, what's polestar? Why did you wait to add it?

Thanks
      This may be helpful too...

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515657/2020

Mine is CPO and did not come with it. For me it was cost/benefit... was the enhanced experience worth close to $1,400? After putting ~100 combined city/highway miles on it today the answer is a resounding yes.
      Last edited by Krabba; 06-16-2020 at 08:42 PM.

In Australia, the problem is the price vs gain compared to other car's tunes makes the value equation questionable.

Eg for my Audi, a tune that will give 40kw & 130NM extra is $1200. Volvo's Polestar for the T6 gives a measly 10kw and 40NM and costs $2000.

The big difference is the Polestar tune is factory backed, doesn't void your warranty, and has the same fuel economy as stock.

Quote Originally Posted by butwhy View Post
      In Australia, the problem is the price vs gain compared to other car's tunes makes the value equation questionable.

Eg for my Audi, a tune that will give 40kw & 130NM extra is $1200. Volvo's Polestar for the T6 gives a measly 10kw and 40NM and costs $2000.

The big difference is the Polestar tune is factory backed, doesn't void your warranty, and has the same fuel economy as stock.
      Most definitely a prime consideration as the raw numbers played a major role in why I waited as long as I did. Being behind the wheel after the optimization is something else entirely however.

I contacted Volvo support and got a 30% discount coupon off of any part/accessory (up to $200) just for asking for it...

And then negotiated a slight discount from the dealer on installing Polestar ($995). After the install I submitted the paperwork to Volvo for the 30% rebate on the Polestar part number. I received the maximum amount on the rebate which was $200. So my Pollstar install cost $795.

2020 XC90T8iP* in SoCal

Nice on the price

2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

The reason for polestar'ing my old MY16 was the "lagginess" when starting after stops under certain conditions. After a few months of driving adding polestar made the car experience change dramatically. I still believe this should be added in the factory to all xc90. When I ordered my my20, polestar was added from day 1.
      I do not worry about the ps/hp added, if I wanted a sport car I wouldn't have bought an xc90 The result of adding this made the car exactly behave as I wanted.
      current Dec 2019/MY20 XC90 T6 Inscription black with p*
      Past
      - July 2015/MY16 XC90 D5 Inscription amber black with p*
      - MY10 XC60 D5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by coachlange View Post
      Here’s a good place to start...

https://engineered.polestar.com/us/?...SAAEgKdJPD_BwE

Bummer, still no upgrade available for pre 2020 XC90 T8. The expectation it would eventually be available is disappearing and disappointing as it had been promised for quite some time but I guess they never got the EPA cert for them.
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Sold in 2018: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

Don't be fooled by the "max" power numbers being low. It is the area under the curve improvements that make the driving much better. It also improves the shifting for the transmission.

https://engineered.polestar.com/us/p...matic-2018-3-2
      2018 Volvo XC-90 R-Design package, Bursting Blue Metallic - grocery hauler and daily driver
      2016 Porsche GT4, Sapphire Blue Metallic - weekend and track toy

Quote Originally Posted by sdedson View Post
      I contacted Volvo support and got a 30% discount coupon off of any part/accessory (up to $200) just for asking for it...

And then negotiated a slight discount from the dealer on installing Polestar ($995). After the install I submitted the paperwork to Volvo for the 30% rebate on the Polestar part number. I received the maximum amount on the rebate which was $200. So my Pollstar install cost $795.

2020 XC90T8iP* in SoCal
      Nicely done on the price. I can't get any of the three dealers in WI/MN to move a dime. What was your line?
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

Called each one asking them to beat offer from another local dealer (3 in this area) until I hit rock bottom. Spoke only to service manager at each dealer... And don't tell them about the coupon!

Why does polestar need to be enabled? Isn't it just on by default once the software is flashed?
      2018 Onyx Black T6 Momentum: Amber, 20" wheels

DIY Oil Change:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ange-with-pics

DIY Brake Pads:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ment-with-pics

Quote Originally Posted by stick_shift View Post
      Why does polestar need to be enabled? Isn't it just on by default once the software is flashed?
      it is indeed always "on". You can choose between drive modes and the "dynamic" one changes to "polestar" when the sw is installed. I drive pretty much all of the time in comfort and still profit from a better "behaving" car than w/o P* (although I confess that very seldom I do a few km on "polestar" mode just for the fun of it ).
      current Dec 2019/MY20 XC90 T6 Inscription black with p*
      Past
      - July 2015/MY16 XC90 D5 Inscription amber black with p*
      - MY10 XC60 D5 AWD

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements