Is it true prices are low, worth buying now if not needed at the moment? (XC90)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Is it true prices are low, worth buying now if not needed at the moment? (XC90)

UPDATE: How negotiable are the used cars prices (low mileage CPO) vs New?
      I have been seeing some Facebook posts of people buying nowadays and saying they got good deals. Someone posted buying an XC90 10k less than MSRP.

I have a 15 S80 T6 AWD PLTNM, and looking to get an XC90 in the near future, when having a second kid. I am wondering if it is worth it to buy now instead of a year from now making use of the deals "if they are true deals".

Any advise? Any new buyers that could confirm deals are worth it now? Thanks
      Last edited by moathzo12; 06-19-2020 at 12:21 AM.
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Why not call the dealers and see what deals they have?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
      '17 XC90 | '95 E36 M3 Turner Motorsport Chipped | '14 Infiniti QX70 | '94 Supra 6 speed single Turbo | '94 Supra TT Auto | '16 Civic EX-T Hondata Tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Well it depends. In two years Android UI will come out, with usable voice controlled nav, and L4 freeway autonomous driving on SPA2. These will make current model year last generation.

So maybe lease a current one and decide what to keep after 2-3 years.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by moathzo12 View Post
      I have been seeing some Facebook posts of people buying nowadays and saying they got good deals. Someone posted buying an XC90 10k less than MSRP.

I have a 15 S80 T6 AWD PLTNM, and looking to get an XC90 in the near future, when having a second kid. I am wondering if it is worth it to buy now instead of a year from now making use of the deals "if they are true deals".

Cross shop around the country. Pit dealers against one another with offers received. You can ship a car from one end to another for less than a grand. I paid $625 for 1500 miles. So if you find a new car that fits the bill and score a memorable deal, don't hesitate to have the vehicle shipped to you.

We did the OSD for my wife's 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription. We wanted to do another OSD, but the world problems deterred that. I watched prices and vehicles for months. In May, I bought a 2020 XC90 T6 Inscription (with more upgrades including B&W, tailored dash, 6 seater, air suspension, more tech) and included the VIP extended warranty 6years/120k bumper to bumper, 0% for 60 months financing, costco discount, loyalty discount, first responder discount (wife is a nurse). I paid far less than her 2017. It was almost too good to be true. Some of those incentives disappeared in June. So for now, I think I made a good decision 😁

Mind posting what u paid?
      2020 XC90 MOM
      2015.5 S60

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
      Of course. The 2020 MSRP was $74,800. I paid $61,500 out the door, which included a $5800 older Hyundai trade. That includes tax, title, license, and the VIP platinum warranty. Put $15k down to comfortably avoid any need for gap insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
      I'm new to posting here, but very much a Volvo fan. Hopefully this link works for our OSD:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=oPWLAVs4zhI

Bought a '20 T6 Inscription in mid-April with Advance and Luxury packages, 21" wheels, and Park Assist. MSRP is $70,790. I paid $56,900 and the dealer also added the all-weather floor and cargo mats (another $350?). Available incentives at that time was Volvo allowance of $4,250 + USAA discount of $1,000 + Loyalty discount of $1,000 (I owned a '08 XC90). The rest of the discount came from my negotiations with the dealership. Total discount was ~20% off MSRP. I used the Internet extensively to look for the model with the specs that I wanted, and checked dealers' websites within a 350-mile radius. Got two dealers to agree with my offer, and I opted to get it from the dealer within my state to simplify the process. Picked up the car during the peak of the pandemic and it felt like there was a fire sale going on. Good luck!
      2020 XC90 T6 Inscription
      2008 XC90 3.2L FWD (Sold)

Hello All,

Quote Originally Posted by ButchIVIX View Post
      Bought a '20 T6 Inscription in mid-April with Advance and Luxury packages, 21" wheels, and Park Assist. MSRP is $70,790. I paid $56,900 and the dealer also added the all-weather floor and cargo mats (another $350?). Available incentives at that time was Volvo allowance of $4,250 + USAA discount of $1,000 + Loyalty discount of $1,000 (I owned a '08 XC90). The rest of the discount came from my negotiations with the dealership. Total discount was ~20% off MSRP. I used the Internet extensively to look for the model with the specs that I wanted, and checked dealers' websites within a 350-mile radius. Got two dealers to agree with my offer, and I opted to get it from the dealer within my state to simplify the process. Picked up the car during the peak of the pandemic and it felt like there was a fire sale going on. Good luck!
      I am also in FL, would you mind sharing the dealer location or city? I'm seriously looking and have been pricing as far away as Virginia.

I do see good deals out there, but may prefer to buy closer to home, Central FL area.
      Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Cross shop around the country. Pit dealers against one another with offers received. You can ship a car from one end to another for less than a grand. I paid $625 for 1500 miles. So if you find a new car that fits the bill and score a memorable deal, don't hesitate to have the vehicle shipped to you.
      Wow thanks, that is not expensive at all. Great to know. I am in MA and I bought my S80 from NY as it was the best deal I could find around, it had everything I wanted and was at least 6k cheaper than options I saw in MA and RI
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      Well it depends. In two years Android UI will come out, with usable voice controlled nav, and L4 freeway autonomous driving on SPA2. These will make current model year last generation.

So maybe lease a current one and decide what to keep after 2-3 years.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Good advise but I never leased a car, especially Volvos I like to get them and keep lol...Is it confirmed that the SPA2 will be in two years?
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by ButchIVIX View Post
      That's awesome, Congrats! was that the total price including taxes, registration...etc? or the car price? almost 14k lower than the MSRP!

Which website you used to compare specs and prices? I am currently using Cargurus and I am doing almost the same thing with a 1500 miles radius following "MyVolvoS60" comment regarding shipping prices. I am just wondering if those discounts usually apply to new cars only or used as well, and how negotiable is the used car price? I bought my 15 S80 T6 with 11k miles on it, almost brand new with almost every option Volvo made and I got it from NY (I live in MA).
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by ultrakg11 View Post
      Of course. The 2020 MSRP was $74,800. I paid $61,500 out the door, which included a $5800 older Hyundai trade. That includes tax, title, license, and the VIP platinum warranty. Put $15k down to comfortably avoid any need for gap insurance.
      Nice, congrats! excuse my ignorance, but why putting 15k down avoids any need for gap insurance? and do they usually offer those discounts on used cars or new only? I have a Volvo and my wife is a hospital pharmacist
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Cars.com can give you an idea, although not a complete list, of national dealer inventory. I used it to price match dealers. Costco discount is ~$1200, but you had to be a member before the rebate started. My salesman informed me to join (insider trading) before the costco discount started. Plus, the feds EV credit for the T8 is $5400. I essentially got my T8 for about the price of a non hybrid.

Like so many things it all depends.

Are you looking for a specific model? It seems regions all have differing deals. For my recent search, I knew i wanted an R-Design trim with 4C Air. There were only a handful of R-Design examples in the NY/NJ/CT area and I believe none had the 4C Air. So I expanded my search to the Mid-Atlantic region and found the car and the deal was right.

Your experience may differ completely if you're just after a more standard options spec.

For searching, i couldn't find anything better than the Volvo site, putting in major metro areas near me and going into each dealer's site to check their inventory and potential pricing.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* like others have mentioned, don't be afraid to expand your search a bit. I was forced to because of the specific spec I wanted, but it turned out that just 200 miles away in MD, it's a completely different sales region for Volvo and the incentives were different than my local dealers (better in my case, but of course that may change).
      Last edited by Jaaa; 06-19-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Good advise but I never leased a car, especially Volvos I like to get them and keep lol...Is it confirmed that the SPA2 will be in two years?
      Yes SPA2 XC90 is planned to debut as MY2023, built in 2022. Now we just need to hope the world problem doesn't get worse any further.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 06-19-2020 at 02:15 PM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Nice, congrats! excuse my ignorance, but why putting 15k down avoids any need for gap insurance? and do they usually offer those discounts on used cars or new only? I have a Volvo and my wife is a hospital pharmacist[/QUOTE]

Basically, if the loan is more than the car is worth in the event the car is totaled, insurance won't pay the difference unless you have that coverage. Not a huge deal depending on coverage, but I also wanted payments down a little, even with 0% interest.

As for the savings, without the trade, it was about $66k out the door including the VIP platinum coverage which is now about $4,000. MSRP + the same stuff included is about $86k. About $20k lower than the maximum price on the new car. Plus 60 months at 0%. I was totally cool with it 🤷‍♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Keith22 View Post
      Cars.com can give you an idea, although not a complete list, of national dealer inventory. I used it to price match dealers. Costco discount is ~$1200, but you had to be a member before the rebate started. My salesman informed me to join (insider trading) before the costco discount started. Plus, the feds EV credit for the T8 is $5400. I essentially got my T8 for about the price of a non hybrid.
      That's a good sales man to have I have been using Cargurus, will check Cars.com too. Thanks
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaa View Post
      Like so many things it all depends.

Are you looking for a specific model? It seems regions all have differing deals. For my recent search, I knew i wanted an R-Design trim with 4C Air. There were only a handful of R-Design examples in the NY/NJ/CT area and I believe none had the 4C Air. So I expanded my search to the Mid-Atlantic region and found the car and the deal was right.

Your experience may differ completely if you're just after a more standard options spec.

For searching, i couldn't find anything better than the Volvo site, putting in major metro areas near me and going into each dealer's site to check their inventory and potential pricing.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* like others have mentioned, don't be afraid to expand your search a bit. I was forced to because of the specific spec I wanted, but it turned out that just 200 miles away in MD, it's a completely different sales region for Volvo and the incentives were different than my local dealers (better in my case, but of course that may change).

Thanks for the advise. I am actually only considering the Inscription trim. Most of them are somehow loaded, some comes with the Luxury package that I am not sure how great it is (Massage seats and some leather parts). I am somehow disappointed by the R-design seats, the only reason I am ruling out R-design ones. Any idea if there is a major option that could make a difference between the 17 XC90 Inscription and the 19 or 20 ones?

I am actually considering other regions, I did buy my last Volvo from NY, I live in MA, found the best specs and price there, was not a great dealership but it was a great deal (at least 6k less than those in MA).

When we talk about incentives and discounts, are we talking about new Volvos only or that includes the CPO -low mileage ones? Thanks!
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Nice, congrats! excuse my ignorance, but why putting 15k down avoids any need for gap insurance? and do they usually offer those discounts on used cars or new only? I have a Volvo and my wife is a hospital pharmacist
      Basically, if the loan is more than the car is worth in the event the car is totaled, insurance won't pay the difference unless you have that coverage. Not a huge deal depending on coverage, but I also wanted payments down a little, even with 0% interest.

As for the savings, without the trade, it was about $66k out the door including the VIP platinum coverage which is now about $4,000. MSRP + the same stuff included is about $86k. About $20k lower than the maximum price on the new car. Plus 60 months at 0%. I was totally cool with it 🤷‍♂️[/QUOTE]

Now I got it. Good idea. Let me ask you, do you loose the VIP coverage in case of a totaled car? does the insurance cover any of that? I bought my S80 with extended VIP coverage for 9 yrs/100k. The car still has around 60k on it now (love this car btw) ...
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by fusionredxc60 View Post
      yes spa2 xc90 is planned to debut as my2023, built in 2022. Now we just need to hope the world problem doesn't get worse any further.
      hopefully!
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Deals are always the best when you buy the car! No one every buys a car thinking they got ripped off. Car sales folks love telling you how amazing the deals are TODAY!

Truth
      0% is always good... though you're giving up a big chunk of change on the XC90 right now to get it, still on a $0 down setup, it's a good deal. 1.99% for 60 on CPO and 2.99 on 72 isn't bad either.

Owner loyalty is double in our region... but it was better last month.

First responder rebate includes teachers now too, but is not combinable with loyalty.

The peak (or bottom) of used car values was mid April.... There were some crazy cheap auction prices at that time. Now it's pretty well rebounded. We're passing on lots of auction bids and we're short on used car inventory again...

When the market on used cars is amazing... your trade value is gonna suck... keep that in mind.

I wouldn't say it's an environment worthy of coming out if you weren't in the market anyhow. No one is giving things away more than usual. But they'll tell you they are! Boy I hate hype =-D
      Volvo Sales Guy
      Overseas Delivery Specialist
      VCOA Member
      iRoll YouTube (looking for more helpful video ideas to kick start this channel)

As for the savings, without the trade, it was about $66k out the door including the VIP platinum coverage which is now about $4,000. MSRP + the same stuff included is about $86k. About $20k lower than the maximum price on the new car. Plus 60 months at 0%. I was totally cool with it 🤷‍♂️
      Now I got it. Good idea. Let me ask you, do you loose the VIP coverage in case of a totaled car? does the insurance cover any of that? I bought my S80 with extended VIP coverage for 9 yrs/100k. The car still has around 60k on it now (love this car btw) ...[/QUOTE]

That's a very good question. I'm fairly certain that the VIP warranty is specific to a VIN. Let's hope I never have to find out!

Thanks for the advise. I am actually only considering the Inscription trim. Most of them are somehow loaded, some comes with the Luxury package that I am not sure how great it is (Massage seats and some leather parts). I am somehow disappointed by the R-design seats, the only reason I am ruling out R-design ones. Any idea if there is a major option that could make a difference between the 17 XC90 Inscription and the 19 or 20 ones?

I am actually considering other regions, I did buy my last Volvo from NY, I live in MA, found the best specs and price there, was not a great dealership but it was a great deal (at least 6k less than those in MA).

When we talk about incentives and discounts, are we talking about new Volvos only or that includes the CPO -low mileage ones? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'll chime in if you don't mind. My wife has a 17 Inscription and I have a 20 Inscription. The 20 has the following standard options that the 17 doesn't:

-Leather tailored dash and doors
      -Harmon Kardon sound
      -Auto start/stop feature is *permanently* turned off after you turn it off once (specific to all 19 and 20's I believe, but worthy of mention)
      -Possibly a little more safety tech (not sure)

The Volvo extended warranties are cancelable... so you would need an odometer statement and then you should be able to get a pro-rated refund.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      Overseas Delivery Specialist
      VCOA Member
      iRoll YouTube (looking for more helpful video ideas to kick start this channel)

When we talk about incentives and discounts, are we talking about new Volvos only or that includes the CPO -low mileage ones? Thanks!

Interesting take on the R-Design seats. Is it the lack of leather color choices? Otherwise, the differences are adjustable lumbar and the massage function. They are miles above the Momentum seats, IMO.

I think you should stick with 2019+ as that's when they changed the processor in the Sensus system and it makes it alot more responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      The Volvo extended warranties are cancelable... so you would need an odometer statement and then you should be able to get a pro-rated refund.
      Great to know. Thank you!
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Interesting take on the R-Design seats. Is it the lack of leather color choices? Otherwise, the differences are adjustable lumbar and the massage function. They are miles above the Momentum seats, IMO.

I think you should stick with 2019+ as that's when they changed the processor in the Sensus system and it makes it alot more responsive.
      It is the middle part of the seat, not sure if it is suede leather, or some type of cloth? I dont get why they changed them, they used to be just fine nice leather ...
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

I'll chime in if you don't mind. My wife has a 17 Inscription and I have a 20 Inscription. The 20 has the following standard options that the 17 doesn't:

-Leather tailored dash and doors
      -Harmon Kardon sound
      -Auto start/stop feature is *permanently* turned off after you turn it off once (specific to all 19 and 20's I believe, but worthy of mention)
      -Possibly a little more safety tech (not sure)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the input. It is very worth mentioning that start/stop goes permanently off, it is so annoying to keep turning it off every time. My least fav option in the car!
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Deals are always the best when you buy the car! No one every buys a car thinking they got ripped off. Car sales folks love telling you how amazing the deals are TODAY!

Truth
      0% is always good... though you're giving up a big chunk of change on the XC90 right now to get it, still on a $0 down setup, it's a good deal. 1.99% for 60 on CPO and 2.99 on 72 isn't bad either.

Owner loyalty is double in our region... but it was better last month.

First responder rebate includes teachers now too, but is not combinable with loyalty.

The peak (or bottom) of used car values was mid April.... There were some crazy cheap auction prices at that time. Now it's pretty well rebounded. We're passing on lots of auction bids and we're short on used car inventory again...

When the market on used cars is amazing... your trade value is gonna suck... keep that in mind.

I wouldn't say it's an environment worthy of coming out if you weren't in the market anyhow. No one is giving things away more than usual. But they'll tell you they are! Boy I hate hype =-D
      Thank you so much. Can i ask for your input on a 17 XC90 inscription all packages (luxury, vision, convenience, 21' wheels...etc), CPO with 20k miles, what would be a good deal on it?
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

It is the middle part of the seat, not sure if it is suede leather, or some type of cloth? I dont get why they changed them, they used to be just fine nice leather ...
      Got it. FWIW, the 2020’s are full leather...no suede/alcantara(?) insert.

Got it. FWIW, the 2020’s are full leather...no suede/alcantara(?) insert.
      Good to know! and glad they made the decision!
      15 S80 AWD T6 Platinum
      05 S60 AWD 2.5T

Quote Originally Posted by FLjrmembG2020 View Post
      I am also in FL, would you mind sharing the dealer location or city? I'm seriously looking and have been pricing as far away as Virginia.

I do see good deals out there, but may prefer to buy closer to home, Central FL area.
      Thanks so much!
      Got mine from Daytona Beach Volvo. For Central FL, I checked Winter Park, Ocala and Tampa, but did not have the specs and color I wanted. If you're venturing out of your local area, might as well find the car with all the specs you want. I normally start at 20-25% off MSRP and work it from there. There's also a big Volvo dealer in Del Ray and the owners also own the Daytona Beach branch (Gunther). My experience with them was awesome! Good luck.
      Last edited by ButchIVIX; 06-20-2020 at 12:02 PM.
      2020 XC90 T6 Inscription
      2008 XC90 3.2L FWD (Sold)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast