SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Running whine sound from front end

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  galexie64 
#1 ·
Any help or historical data on what I am assuming is a whining sound from either headlights, fan, condenser, horn?? Car runs fine, just makes this noise, which started about two days ago, the noise seems to cease after about 5-10 minutes when I hit the first stop light on my commute the sound has stopped.
Any thoughts about this? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Dare I ask what is involved with ETM?? Also I learned today that there was a faint smell of acrid odor through the vents... I turned air components off and rolled down windows and all dissipated. Any other thoughts besides ETM? Is this a part you only want new? Pick and pull? I just swapped out my radiator about 6 weeks ago anything I could check for missed plug or anything?

Thanks again

#10 ·
I'm not sure how the post '98 cars are, but my 98's idle air control valve makes an audible hum and you can feel it running even when the engine is off.

#11 ·
**UPDATE** I swapped out the ETM from a JY 2000 V70XC and no change in electric motor noise... any other thoughts? It sounds more like a motor going out or bad ground but can’t pinpoint.
Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.