Map updates
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Map updates

Map updates

Hello,

Has anyone else had trouble updating maps from USB I have tried several USB sticks of various sizes and followed the instructions to the letter Are Volvo's very particular when it comes to USB sticks as this is my first Volvo or could I have a faulty Sensus ?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Formating is important

My USB is formatted to exfat cluster 128 kb on Win10 PC and working fine
      2017/XC90/Osmium Grey T8 Inscription no B&W, no child pakket, no seat pakket and no Air suspension

Also, make sure you safely eject your thumb drive before removing it from your computer. I learned it the hard way how important that is!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks for the responses , looks like it's just me with the problem so maybe something wrong with my sensus or usb port . Just annoying you can't update OTA as my car is connected to my home WIFI but the fike is too big, I suppose a safeguard to stop people using all there data up. I think it should still give you the option though with a warning about data use.

Anyway thanks again

I think mine was done straight from the screen itself. But of course it has the internet still.
      2020 XC90 MOM
      2015.5 S60

I turned my map updates to OTA. We do have Volvo on Call but not the Hotspot subscription. It appears they will still let you download the map updates using the on board cellular modem (Audi does this as well). Now it just happens in the background and installs when it completes the download.

It will do OTA for small updates but if its a large update it will tell you it's too big and must be done by USB. Unfortunatly the person who had the car before me didn't keep there maps upto date so its a 2Gb update which Volvo deem to big for OTA for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by arty View Post
      It will do OTA for small updates but if its a large update it will tell you it's too big and must be done by USB. Unfortunatly the person who had the car before me didn't keep there maps upto date so its a 2Gb update which Volvo deem to big for OTA for some reason.
      I do all updates by OTA. Most of the monthly updates are 1.5GB size on OTA itself. I live in Australia.
      XC90 MY20 Onyx Black T6 Incription * Nappa Leather Perforated Maroon Brown
      Polestar Optimized * Premium Pack * Versatility Pack * Sport Steering Wheel * 21'' 8-Multi Spoke Black Diamond-cut Alloy Wheel *

Interesting maybe it's a regional thing I'm in the uk and the sensus tells me its too big to download or maybe 1.5gb is the cutoff. I'm booked in at the dealers next week as an alarm sensor , handbrake and bonnet(hood) opener need fixing so I'll see if they can update the maps.

I am in the same boat. On my 4th time downloading the NA 907 1300 update. Volvo won’t recognize it. I have done it before with this stick/computer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mookiwan View Post
      I am in the same boat. On my 4th time downloading the NA 907 1300 update. Volvo won’t recognize it. I have done it before with this stick/computer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I’ve been able to do it over the air in my car as long as it can connect. I now only down load the portions of the country that I might need.
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements