Strongly considering a 2017 CPO s60 Inscription....is it the car for me?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Awaiting Approval

Strongly considering a 2017 CPO s60 Inscription....is it the car for me?

I guess because its the previous generation, there are some amazing deals for this car with very low miles right now. I am a teleworker who barely drives (21K miles in 3 years) so a car with 20-25K miles will last me a LONG time.

I am coming off a far too expensive lease for a 2017 Mazda 6. I can buy an off lease CPO 2017 Volvo s60 for ~100 LESS than I was paying for that lease. It looks like an amazing car, and I am excited about it. My one small apprehension is that i AM a tech and gadget guy, and I do wish that the 2017 had a better infotainment system. That being said, the screen and functionality is VERY reminiscent of the Mazda I am coming off lease on, and which I was very comfortable with. I do have 2 teen boys, but this would be our family's 2nd car, and the Inscription seems like it will have a big enough back seat,

Any current 2017 owners willing to share their insights? Would love to hear.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a CPO 2018 S60 Inscription which is the same other than the model year. The biggest issue you would probably have is the infotainment is outdated (compared to newer cars 2019+). The navigation/traffic works well, as does the bluetooth. But that is really all it has. Other than that, it is a super comfortable ride and the back has a ton of room which I really appreciated when I installed a car seat. But for larger items, you would be better served going with a v60. When the back seats fold down, the space to the cabin is pretty narrow. So you can't fit stuff like shelves, cabinets, or anything over 3ft wide x 1ft deep. And if driving matters, I would recommend getting the polestar optimization as the stock shift points were not very good for spirited driving. I love mine and love it for the drive (I put some work into it), so the infotainment stuff doesn't bother me.

Does the Mazda 6 support Carplay? If so, the S60 does not, despite looking similar to yours.
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I have a 2017 S60 Dynamic. I don't carry passengers in back other than my two small grandkids, so I do not need the larger rear seat. It's been a great car so far. My commute is 60 miles roundtrip so I drive a lot more than you which makes me appreciate the decent gas mileage I get. As for the infotainment...it has Sirius and HD radio. I don't use much more than that and Google maps works fine on my phone. It doesn't have Apple Car Play or Android Auto but it does have fairly logical controls and you don't have to hunt through endless touchscreen menus just to switch functions like some other cars. I'm pretty happy with mine. I would recommend it.
      2017 Volvo S60 Dynamic AWD

We had a 2017 Inscription lease. I really liked that car, more so than the 2020 inscription that we replaced it with. As others mentioned, the lack of apple car play is a downer, but that's the only thing that I wish the car had that it didn't. If you can get one as a CPO hen I would go for it. We had 52K miles on ours and had zero issues.
      2015.5 V60 E-Drive - Flaminco Red with Sport Package - Eibachs, IPD Rear Bar, Polestar Tune, Tow Hitch, IPD Undertray, K&N Drop-In, Upper Torque Mount, LED headlights, Air Bag Load Levelers, RD brake upgrade with 336mm rotors front/vented rear - Tow vehicle for my racecar.
      2020 S60 Inscription - Pine Grey - Wife's driver.

Formerly owned Volvos:
      2017 S60 Inscription, 1994 850 Turbo Wagon, 1992 740 Turbo, 1990 240, 1987 245 Wagon, 1975 245 Wagon with a B20F, 1972 Volvo 1800E.

Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
      I have a 2017 S60 Dynamic. I don't carry passengers in back other than my two small grandkids
      We looked at the S60, and the extra room in the back of the Inscription is very noticeable. With a rear facing child seat and the requisite one inch gap, there was zero compromise on the position of the front passenger seat (I’m 6’ and MrsChiBrick is 5’8”) while on the shorter versions we would have had to move the front seat forward. Rear seat headroom might become an issue if you happen to be four tall people, but I’d say it’s comfortable for even long trips if everyone is 6’ and under.
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 117,XXX

Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18

ISO - One used Fortuna, round, preferably Light Gray

I have a V60, so take my comments for what they're worth.

S60 Inscription has 3.5" more rear legroom than the regular S60, although it's still about 1.8" less than the Mazda 6 (per spec sheets). Kinda wish there was a V60 Inscription sometimes

Infotainment is the definite weak spot of this car. If it had a modern system with carplay/android auto, then that would address the biggest gap, imo. As it is, the look, feel, and functionality are all straight out of 2011, but the learning curve isn't too great. There are a lot more buttons than in more modern interfaces, though. If you had your Mazda updated with Carplay/AA and it's a must-have, then you may be a little disappointed.

Aside from the outdated infotainment tech, (although I have a V60) I couldn't be happier with the car.
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

The only other thing you may wish to consider is that the maintenance costs for the S60 are likely to be a bit higher than you were used to with the Mazda. May not be that big of a deal for you since you don't drive that much, but just wanted to mention it.
      2017 Volvo S60 Dynamic AWD

We purchased a CPO 2017 S60 Inscription Platinum in 2018, dealer owned demo with 5k miles on it. We just had it in for its 20K service last month. It's been a great car so far. Besides the door latch recall and a dead battery (did not leave us stranded) that was replaced under warranty, it's been a great car so far. It's my wife's car, but we both really like it. Only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a spare tire, just an inflation kit.

OCI is 10K miles, but we're changing it every 5K since turbo GDI cars tend to be harder on the oil. The OEM Pirelli P7s were almost worn out at 20K miles, so I'm not sure if that's the tires themselves, or if this car happens to be hard on tires. Just an FYI.
      Last edited by ddubya; 06-26-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Yes my wife loves her 2017 s60 inscription and extra room deff helps a lot. Before we had 2014 s60 and room in back was non existent.
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements