I am the proud new owner of a 2020 V60 T5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am the proud new owner of a 2020 V60 T5

Hi all I had posted this topic last week after test driving an S60 https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...some-questions but after I went back to take another look at it I also had a look at a dealer loaner V60 they had on the lot and I ended up buying that today! Since it had a few thousand miles on it already and was being sold as new I got a great deal.

Its a T5 Momentum in Crystal White with the Advanced Package with the 19" wheels. Since it was a dealer car it also has the navigation but not the upgraded sound system. Its been rainy here but as soon as it dries out I am going to take it on a proper drive to get a better feel for it. I've been dreaming about this car as soon as I watched the new V60 launch a few years ago and I almost can't believe that I actually have one in my driveway.

Imgur link to album https://imgur.com/a/l3q55i9

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/W1UysY7.jpg/IMG]

Last edited by ryker888; 06-23-2020 at 01:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow, beautiful car - congrats!
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Very nice. Best of luck!
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Thommykent View Post
      It`s a nice car. Always wondered how it feels to throw $15,000 in the garbage the moment you drive a new car off the lot. Hopefully really good!
      Honestly pretty amazing considering I bought it at 24% off its MSRP. If you hate new cars then I think you're in the wrong forum my dude.
      Last edited by ryker888; 06-23-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryker888 View Post
      Honestly pretty amazing considering I bought it at 24% its MSRP. If you hate new cars then I think you're in the wrong forum my dude.
      I think you mean %24 under MSRP and if you got it for 24% I’m talking you shopping with me next time LOl.

Any plans on moding it?
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

Super pretty car ryker......congratulations. Love those 19" wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      I think you mean %24 under MSRP and if you got it for 24% I’m talking you shopping with me next time LOl.

Any plans on moding it?
      Hahaha yeah 24% under MSRP, since it had a few thousand miles on it being a dealer loaner + Volvo loyalty bonus + costco member bonus + negotiating left me with a deal I did honestly not expect them to agree to.

No current plans to mod it other than the Polestar tune and tint the windows. I got all of my tuner stuff out of me with my C30 I think

Awesome car, congrats!!
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

Super clean looking wagon. Really nice. Can just look and look at the pics.
      2020 V60 T5 AWD Inscription- Denim Blue, Blond
      2015 B180 AMG Line - White, Black

Beautiful car, congrats dude!

Congrats, man - it looks fantastic!
      Current: 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country - Pebble Grey, Blond
      Previous: 2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Vibrant Copper, Beechwood

Honestly pretty amazing considering I bought it at 24% off its MSRP. If you hate new cars then I think you're in the wrong forum my dude.
      Bro, I said I hope you did. Used cars far outnumber new cars here by far Mr. 6 posts. Probably since they don`t sell, 24% off MSRP is normal MSRP. Don`t get me wrong I like these cars a lot, and yours is really nice. Enjoy it for 3 years and sell it to me for 50% off what you paid for it.

Nice looking car! What is the interior?
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription Ice White/blonde
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blonde (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      Nice looking car! What is the interior?
      Yes back OT, please let us know.

Great wheel choice BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by madder View Post
      Yes back OT, please let us know.

Great wheel choice BTW.
      Its the blonde leather

I was a little weary of the blonde over the charcoal but my C30 had that same color and the seats in that thing had no issues with discoloring or staining and I hope these do the same

My wife's XC90 has the blonde interior and after 3yrs of now-almost-4-yr-old twins riding around in the back we've had no issues. The drivers seat gets some blue discoloring from jeans, but it easily comes out with some leather wipes.
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

Its the blonde leather <snip>

I was a little wary of the blonde over the charcoal but my C30 had that same color and the seats in that thing had no issues with discoloring or staining and I hope these do the same
      We've had this, or at least an older version, in our V70 for 19+ years and it still looks nice. Not new, but patinated and nice. We're getting the same for our new XC60 (I wanted the City Weave but my wife really wanted the 4-way lumbar from the Inscription seats and the blonde is still beautiful.)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription Ice White/blonde
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blonde (sold)

Congrats.

In the SPA platform, the blonde interior + pano moonroof makes the interior very airy.
      Denim Blue 2018 xc90 T6 Momentum+

Just don`t get pissed at a GF or wife`s new blue jeans transferring blue, it will. I wouldn`t recommend asking her to clean them or you`ll be driving by yourself. That color looks nice but is definitely finicky. I have it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thommykent View Post
      Just don`t get pissed at a GF or wife`s new blue jeans transferring blue, it will. I wouldn`t recommend asking her to clean them or you`ll be driving by yourself. That color looks nice but is definitely finicky. I have it too.
      I have a microfibre cloth in my car to protect the area which picks up the blue when I am wearing jeans. The best cleaner is the bottle of leather cleaner Jaguar gave me with my cars. Gets the blue off well.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      I have a microfibre cloth in my car to protect the area which picks up the blue when I am wearing jeans. The best cleaner is the bottle of leather cleaner Jaguar gave me with my cars. Gets the blue off well.
      Thats good to hear since my car came with some Volvo leather cleaners wipes

Not had much joy with cleaner wipes but the bottle of jaguar stuff works well

I've had good luck using Mother's leather conditioner on a soft old cloth to remove any denim discoloration in several cars with lighter interiors over the years. It's also kept the seats soft and cut down on the wrinkling.

Current: 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country - Pebble Grey, Blond
      Previous: 2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Vibrant Copper, Beechwood

Anything not colorfast will transfer to the leather. I bought some cheap Chinese brand running gear in black and it transferred to the leather. Be wary of what you wear.

Are Volvos supposed to come with leather cleaning wipes?
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      I got some with the car when I buy it. It’s in like paper envelope easy to miss with paper work
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      Only light interiors.

Congrats on the new car! I just (Monday, 22 June) bought a 2020 V60 Cross Country and am lovin it too. Can't post pics yet, but will when I can. Good luck with yours!

Thanks for the kind words everyone, after a week of driving I am absolutely loving it. I think as far as mods go I still think the only thing ill do is Polestar optimization at some point over the next year, tint the windows, and probably the Polestar tower strut bar. The power delivery from the T5 is very smooth and it is surprisingly faster than I was anticipating. I feel like I've driven cars with a good bit more HP that felt slower than my V60.

I think the only complaint I have is the standard audio system as opposed to the HK set up. I felt like the Bose system in my old C30 sounded as good if not better.

The power delivery from the T5 is very smooth and it is surprisingly faster than I was anticipating. I feel like I've driven cars with a good bit more HP that felt slower than my V60.
      I agree, the night of picking up mine I got the first opportunity to give it a boot, entering a freeway from a set of lights, two lanes merging to one on a newly wet road. The AWD with the new 235 rubber just gripped and off it went.

No issues stealing gaps in traffic when necessary.

I found that a mid-throttle is really nice with the gearbox keeping the waves of torque coming and a continuous pushing in the back. All very civilised that way!

Proud new owner of 2020 V60 T5

Enjoy your new car and great seeing pride of ownership. Purchasing new vehicles is largely an emotional decision and not an economic one—everyone knows this and the best part of the forums is sharing your joy and excitement and pride. Others who choose to attempt to diminish that don’t have any idea of your particular set of circumstances or the hard work you might have put in to be able to afford such a “new” car.
      Have fun and if it makes you smile every time you drive it, all the better.

I have the 2020 V60CC. Absolutely love it! Awesome acceleration and tight steering and responsive cornering. I had the dealer add the Polestar as the final point in negotiating. It makes a difference. My only complaint is the fuel economy isn’t close to that of my previous S90, but I suppose that’s to be expected of an AWD. Congrats.
      2020 V60CC 🇸🇪

Our V60 is red w/ black leather.
      Very sharp in white w the blond.
      We've got 75000 trouble free miles on ours so far.
      Best of luck w the new ride. Very nice & sounds like a reasonable transaction.

Congrats! Beautiful car.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast