Engine bay spice up options
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Engine bay spice up options

Hi guys, I was wondering what people have done to the engine bay to spice it up and what not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Without really knowing what you are after, I installed an IPD upper torque mount in mine and it looks pretty cool. I do like the look of the Snabb aluminum engine cover and turbo intake pipe kit, but at a combined $650 or so for both, as nice as it would look, I can't justify spending that on a pipe and cover. This of course is all for the T6 engine, YMMV on if you have a different engine as to what fits.

Quote Originally Posted by maskeet603 View Post
      Hi guys, I was wondering what people have done to the engine bay to spice it up and what not?

Armor All. That's as spicy as I get.
      If I want more I put hot peppers on my pizza.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

what motor do you have? isnt too much to pretty it up under there, worst is the drive e, there is really nothing to look at. maybe a polestar strut tower bar

You could paint the engine cover (matching, contrasting, some other color scheme) and other little bits in there (like the intake box). In my old MR2, I painted my valve cover with high temp paint. You won't need high temp paint for the engine cover, though.
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

Been considering doing this for a couple of years. I've seen this in person once while travelling and like the aesthetics but don't really feel the high cost is justified.
      2017 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Venth View Post
      Been considering doing this for a couple of years. I've seen this in person once while travelling and like the aesthetics but don't really feel the high cost is justified.
      Don't do that, well, if you really want to, then do it since it is your car. But, IMO that looks terrible. The vent does not flow well with the shape of the hood, would look a whole lot better if the vent were contoured to match that crease on the hood, not to mention it likely being virtually pointless in any actual functionality.

Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar
      Maybe, all the blue hoses?
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 117,XXX

Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18

ISO - One used Fortuna, round, preferably Light Gray

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Don't do that, well, if you really want to, then do it since it is your car. But, IMO that looks terrible. The vent does not flow well with the shape of the hood, would look a whole lot better if the vent were contoured to match that crease on the hood, not to mention it likely being virtually pointless in any actual functionality.
      I personally prefer punched hood louvers over fiberglass but getting someone to punch them is a challenge. Performance wise, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the cooling gain can be had by just removing the hood liner.
      2017 V60 P*

Sorry I have the T6 Drive E. I am looking at different things for the engine bay like the engine cover or hoses. Idk, I’m bored and was curious

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Without really knowing what you are after, I installed an IPD upper torque mount in mine and it looks pretty cool. I do like the look of the Snabb aluminum engine cover and turbo intake pipe kit, but at a combined $650 or so for both, as nice as it would look, I can't justify spending that on a pipe and cover. This of course is all for the T6 engine, YMMV on if you have a different engine as to what fits.
      The engine cover sounds interesting, I haven’t looked at snaab cause the site always freaks out when I am on my phone looking

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements