Where is your front dashcam mounted? Any "collision warning" interference?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Where is your front dashcam mounted? Any "collision warning" interference?

Hiya all! Where is your dashcam mounted? I have mine perfectly mounted right in the middle of the windshield right under the rear view mirror... Supposedly, this is a "no no" per this linked thread. LINK HERE.

yeO2qJf.jpg
      SRHH6RA.jpg

Additionally, someone posted that:

"a specific warning on page 199 in the MY16 technical training material (not generally available to customers) saying (freely translated from the german version I've seen): "the area of the windshield below the ASDM is used to collect the radar echo and it is of utmost importance to avoid placing there any sticker, sun protection, sender, mechanical items to hold mobiles or navi systems, etc. to avoid disturbing or blocking radar reception."

I did read this a while back. But if I put the dashcam anywhere else off center, the curvature of the windshield would make the view skewed either to the right or left. So I put it in the middle and tried out the "collision alert"... It still works great. You can tell from the video that it appears to work fine. Maybe it works less?

Where is yours mounted and if similarly mounted like mine, have you noticed any collision alert interference?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Same place for dash cam on my XC. No problems. Mounted radar down below, right above alarm indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
      Hiya all! Where is your dashcam mounted? I have mine perfectly mounted right in the middle of the windshield right under the rear view mirror... Supposedly, this is a "no no" per this linked thread. LINK HERE.

yeO2qJf.jpg
      SRHH6RA.jpg

Additionally, someone posted that:

"a specific warning on page 199 in the MY16 technical training material (not generally available to customers) saying (freely translated from the german version I've seen): "the area of the windshield below the ASDM is used to collect the radar echo and it is of utmost importance to avoid placing there any sticker, sun protection, sender, mechanical items to hold mobiles or navi systems, etc. to avoid disturbing or blocking radar reception."

I did read this a while back. But if I put the dashcam anywhere else off center, the curvature of the windshield would make the view skewed either to the right or left. So I put it in the middle and tried out the "collision alert"... It still works great. You can tell from the video that it appears to work fine. Maybe it works less?

Where is yours mounted and if similarly mounted like mine, have you noticed any collision alert interference?

I"m using a Blendmount, directly under the rear view mirror. It's ridiculously expensive for what it is, but does the job well.

Search for "blendmount" on this forum and you'll see others using them too.
      2018 XC90 Inscription / Air Suspension / B & W / 21" OEM Wheels

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I'm having deja vu reading your posts. These are all the same questions I had when I went through this last year!
      2018 XC90 Inscription / Air Suspension / B & W / 21" OEM Wheels

Mine is mounted precisely in the center of the Intellisafe plastic mold behind the RVM and has been that way for almost a year now with no issues.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Quote Originally Posted by krypttic View Post
      I"m using a Blendmount, directly under the rear view mirror. It's ridiculously expensive for what it is, but does the job well.

Search for "blendmount" on this forum and you'll see others using them too.
      Yeah, I have a blendmount in one of my cars to attach my V1 radar detector... You're right... It's stupid expensive for what it is. So never again out of pure principle.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements