Welcome to SwedeSpeed
You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD Stock Tuning options
Foreword: I am a younger driver and this will be my first built car/ my first real baby lol, coming from a beater. I've read a lot about the Volvo S60 T6 AWD and think it is truly a Swedish, performance oriented, masterpiece. I want to build a daily driver that is basically a sleeper, but nothing too insane. My goal is to pull up to a light and beat all of these Subaru STI's/ Audi A4's in my town.
I am currently in the process of getting a 2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD with the 4-C active suspension that is bone stock. I am planning to do some mods to it but do not know where exactly to start. I would like to make it faster.
1. I plan on putting the R-design rear diffuser on the car as it makes the rear of the car much more lively, along with some increased aerodynamic performance I've read? Is the increased aerodynamic performance true?
2. I also plan to add the IPD cat back sport exhaust system as the noise it makes is heavenly, along with the increased flow. I've read that doing a down pipe is useless because the spool in the turbo is already making peak pressure and the down pipe wouldn't change anything, is this true? Also, is the IPD exhaust system the best one to choose from, in terms of performance that is?
3. I've read that the IPD rear sway bar and links make a big difference in handling, any objections?
4. Cold air intake by elevate car, any objections?
5. GFB diverter valve; I saw someone on Youtube recommend it, what do you guys think of this?
6. Tuning! This is where I am lost. First of all, should I install all of the mods before or after tuning the car? Also what tune would you recommend for engine longevity, but also offers the most HP and Torque? I've read that the polestar tune from Volvo is not the best option for offering the max increase in HP/Torque, is this true? What other tunes would you all recommend.
7. What are your guys thoughts on the 4-C active suspension?
8. Finally, any other "bang for the buck" mods you guys would recommend?
Thank you for reading this and for any reply!
Last edited by zedos60; 06-28-2020 at 12:56 PM.
By jdsm1984 in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
Last Post: 02-25-2020, 07:10 PM
By navgs400 in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 03-31-2016, 02:32 PM
By kirill911men in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
Last Post: 02-01-2012, 01:27 AM
By R Kelly in forum S80 (2007-2016)
Last Post: 08-29-2007, 12:30 AM
By Ken in forum S60 (2001-2010)
Last Post: 04-01-2001, 03:29 AM