New here; old Brickboard vet
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

New here; old Brickboard vet

Hi folks-

Taking delivery of CPO '17 V90CC T6 tomorrow (Maple Brown/Blonde, lux package, air suspension, B&W, 19" wheels - exactly as I'd have ordered it if doing OSD). I've been reading this forum for years, but haven't had more than minor issues with my current '15 XC70 T6 w/P* and haven't yet posted.

Previously active on Brickboard until my '88 245 went to an eager new (younger) owner who was happy to not use air conditioning.

Former: '67 122s, '78 245, '87 245, '88 245, '10 XC70 (t-boned/totaled/saved me), '15.5 XC60. Had "245" plates until the XC70 got 'boned.

Also had a mercedes diesel wagon problem for a while, but don't hold it against me.

Mods, if I could be added to the forums (keep getting "you can't do X,Y,Z" messages), that would be great. I'm not a robot

Very excited about the new V90CC, and very appreciative of the knowledge and practical advice here. Cheers all.

-K

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congratulations on the new ride! It sounds like a beauty. I love the Maple color on those wagons. Post some pics when you can.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

Niiice, congrats.

We need to know the current covid19 market for the much unloved SPA CC. I.e. how much did you pay. Thanks!

Well... It was listed at a little less than or the same price as many other similarly-equipped off-lease cars with 35-40k miles (I'd been looking nationwide for comps), but it only has 15k miles, and I didn't pay asking price - ended up probably around $2k off an internet rate which had just dropped the day I called. End of the month/quarter bonus, maybe. Probably could have pushed more but whatever. There was a non-inscription, no air suspension model with 20" wheels on the other side of the state with twice the miles listed higher.

I also figured I'm unlikely to put 85k more miles on it prior to 3/2027 and saved a few hundred bucks there buying the 10/100 rather than 10/unlimited CPO extension from Steingold. And I got a bit more for my trade than I was expecting (trade = tax benefits in MA and I didn't want to mess with a private party sale during a pandemic), which was good.

Took Volvo's 2.9 financing which was a slightly better rate than what I'd had lined up from USAA. Ultimately, it happened to be the closest one to me by distance that had everything I wanted (that wasn't Ocean Race - and one of those popped up the day before I pulled the trigger on this one, but it was more than $10k higher price listed and had twice as many miles and fewer of the features I wanted in addition to being in Syracuse).

A few that I'd emailed / called about were coming 1,200 to 2k off their internet rates, but then there's always the trade-in mystery / location / etc. I'm pleased with the deal and the car is gorgeous and gave me a massage on the way home. Good massages cost $180/hr, right? Saving me money already.
      2017 V90CC T6 Inscription
      2015 XC70 T6 P*

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements