Possible 4C solution?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Possible 4C solution?

Hey guys, its been a few years since I've been back onto this forum. I recently got a great deal of a pretty beat up R that I'm using as my Daily. Once I get some pictures uploaded I will do a welcome thread talking about the car and what Volvo's I've head in the time I was gone. After drinking a few too many last night I decided to buy a paid of Monroe front struts to replace my busted 4C's. The pair cost $60 new as they were on wholesale at rockauto. My question here is - Would it be possible for me to take my front 4C's and mount them in the trunk and just wire them through the firewall into the trunk. Leaving them connected in the trunk so it fools the car. It would require adding a lot of wire. However in theory would this work? I know this forum is filled with great minds so i'm curious to know what you guys will think.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If they are shot just cut out the old sensors.
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?208080

I'm confused. You bought new shocks and want to wire them into the system in the hood by placing them in the trunk but not installed to the car and leave the old junky ones installed?

The reason your old 4c's are junky is because the oil in them have probably all leaked out, not an electronic issue.

Sorry, I've read your post multiple times and still don't really understand what you are saying
      2007 S60R Sonic Blue/Nordkap GT, ~50k miles
      1995 Volvo 850 Turbo Polar White, ~200k miles (previous car)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4EVA View Post
      Sorry, I've read your post multiple times and still don't really understand what you are saying
      I believe his intention is to move the shot 4Cs into the trunk, and use new, non-4C struts.
      2005 V70R

2010 C30 R-Design

I believe you can just add a resistor to the connectors and that way you don't need to keep the old 4C Strut / Cut up sensor with you at all.
      I'm pretty sure there was a DIY post with details of all the resistors and things needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Body Massage View Post
      I believe his intention is to move the shot 4Cs into the trunk, and use new, non-4C struts.
      This is correct. I would prefer to not do the resistor modification due to the heat they will produce however i'm sure I could encapsulate the heat if I did decide to go that route. I like Dougy's solution to it. This was just a simple idea where you place the old struts in the trunk and wire them up so the are still connected. Obviously then using new non 4C struts in the front.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements