V60 aftermarket tints: pics wanted!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

V60 aftermarket tints: pics wanted!

Going to get my rear sides + rear tinted in the near future and was hoping people could share pics of their tinted V60s and the % tint that was used. There's lots of pics on the interwebz for the different levels but am hoping to see examples on the V60. Bonus points if it's Osmium Grey and thus a direct comparison for me Thanks in advance!
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll play...

30%

more pictures in my buil
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

Here is my 2020 V60 RD with 35% tint all around.

If you want, I can take closer up pictures inside and out.

2019-07-26 22.21.53.jpg
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design Polestar Optimized | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design Polestar Optimized | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) | Sport Suspension

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Denim blue, 35% tintMVIMG_20190829_174908.jpg

Just remember the tint from the factory is only decorative it does not block any UV rays.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Thanks for the pics guys! Likely going to go with a 40% ceramic on the rear + sides.

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      Just remember the tint from the factory is only decorative it does not block any UV rays.
      There is no factory tint in the regular V60 (at least in the US)

35% on front two, 15% on all the rest

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      Yes they do at least the ones sold in Sweden

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by superscuba View Post
      There is no factory tint in the regular V60 (at least in the US)
      Thanks to stupid regulations in some states... It blows my mind how sedans/wagons/hatchbacks/coupes are not allowed to have rear side and back windows tinted but SUVs/MPVs/pickup trucks are...
      2020 XC60 T5 AWD | Inscription | Onyx Black | Charcoal Leather | Advanced Package
      Past:
      2017 S60 T5 AWD | Dynamic | Osmium Grey | Off-Black | Vision Package
      2008 S40 2.4i | Barents Blue | Leather Offblack | Select Package | Climate Package

Quote Originally Posted by tomesize View Post
      Thanks to stupid regulations in some states... It blows my mind how sedans/wagons/hatchbacks/coupes are not allowed to have rear side and back windows tinted but SUVs/MPVs/pickup trucks are...
      I’m confused what’s a “regular V60” not a CC?

My CC windows factory tinted on rear sides, hatch, and the moon roof.
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post

Yup. Since the CC is classified as a multi-purpose vehicle, it can legally have factory tinted rear windows. Thankfully Volvo decided to make them standard in the U.S. for the CC.
      2020 XC60 T5 AWD | Inscription | Onyx Black | Charcoal Leather | Advanced Package
      Past:
      2017 S60 T5 AWD | Dynamic | Osmium Grey | Off-Black | Vision Package
      2008 S40 2.4i | Barents Blue | Leather Offblack | Select Package | Climate Package

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post

Yup. Since the CC is classified as a multi-purpose vehicle, it can legally have factory tinted rear windows. Thankfully Volvo decided to make them standard in the U.S. for the CC.
      Here in the UK there’s no such reg thankfully. But weirdly Volvo doesn’t tint the S60 PE (or offer it) but do with the V60.

What’s really annoying here in the UK is aftermarket tints count as a “modification” and make insurance either difficult to get and/or more expensive depending on the car and your driving profile.

I’ve posted this pic before but it shows the uk factory tint well.
      Last edited by amadan; 06-30-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Learn something new today, thanks!

Here's my Osmium Gray V60 with tint! Do it! It'll look great! (Unfortunately I can't remember which tint I got. It definitely wasn't the darkest available. Maybe 35%?)

(Sorry...I don't know how to actually post a photo here...but you can see it in the link below to my IG...and follow me!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCcBgfvF...=1dq29a04v8q7f
      Last edited by SethyT; 07-11-2020 at 05:11 PM.
      Currently:
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription (Osmium Gray, Charcoal Nappa Leather, Luxury Seat Pkg, Advanced Pkg,
      Bowers and Wilkins, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Linear Lime, Polestar Tune) ~Via OSD on 10/9/19

Previously:
      2015.5 S60 T5 Drive-E (Silver Metallic, Off-Black Leather, Platinum Trim, Climate Pkg, BLIS Pkg, Urbane Wood)
      2012 S60 T5 (Silver Metallic, Off-Black Leather, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, Park Assist, BLIS, Urbane Wood) ~Via OSD on 10/4/11
      2006 S40 T5 (Passion Red, Quartz Leather, Premium & Sport Pkgs)

Also, you can build your V60 PE on the Volvo International website and have the option to add tinted windows...so you can see what it would look like!

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/build...olor?s=B2QRW85
      Currently:
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription (Osmium Gray, Charcoal Nappa Leather, Luxury Seat Pkg, Advanced Pkg,
      Bowers and Wilkins, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Linear Lime, Polestar Tune) ~Via OSD on 10/9/19

Previously:
      2015.5 S60 T5 Drive-E (Silver Metallic, Off-Black Leather, Platinum Trim, Climate Pkg, BLIS Pkg, Urbane Wood)
      2012 S60 T5 (Silver Metallic, Off-Black Leather, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, Park Assist, BLIS, Urbane Wood) ~Via OSD on 10/4/11
      2006 S40 T5 (Passion Red, Quartz Leather, Premium & Sport Pkgs)

Quote Originally Posted by SethyT View Post
      Here's my Osmium Gray V60 with tint! Do it! It'll look great! (Unfortunately I can't remember which tint I got. It definitely wasn't the darkest available. Maybe 35%?)

(Sorry...I don't know how to actually post a photo here...but you can see it in the link below to my IG...and follow me!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCcBgfvF...=1dq29a04v8q7f
      awesome, thanks! 35 is also what I have scheduled for later this week. darkest I can legally go and I'm too old to deal with fighting stupid tickets / inspection failures, etc

I highly recommend getting the front windshield done doo! I'm in California one of the worst states to be in regarding cop issues. You should not get pulled over simply for tinted windows, it's more like an add on. Also, cops don't like tinted windows on hoopties because a gun could be pointed at them. Incredibly unlikely in a VOLVO lol but either way if you get pulled over roll 4x windows down and if they mention the tint you say "I know you know, but I rolled them down for your safety". More than likely you'll be going on home ticket free.

I made the mistake of going "legal" on my last car and regretted it. I got clear tint on the front windows and windshield still for UV protection and heat rejection but I hated it. Every day I drove I wanted to upgrade it but the tint I get is not cheap and I'm frugal so I suffered. At least 5% reason why I sold the truck :-P

GO DARK OR GO HOME AND GET YOUR FRONT WINDSHIELD DONE AND THE ROOF DONE IN CLEAR FOR UV/HEAT REJECTION

No Tint

Sexy Tint

Literally no difference in the car except for tint. Makes such a nice difference!
      Last edited by LostCorner; 07-12-2020 at 12:08 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 R-Design
      "Prancing Moose Edition"

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements