SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New to the forum, Looking for an 850

690 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  erikv11 
#1 ·
Hello all, just made an account here, I've been accustomed to the 240s and that platform, but as of recently I've decided it might be a nice idea to pick up a 'newer' model that I can rely on a little more heavily than my 240.

I guess my question is, of the 850s, what major differences are there of the different years, what models were there, do the manual models exist or are they just conspiracy, this sort of thing.

#2 · (Edited)
Go to the "FWD & AWD Cars For Sale" forum. The members on the forum are doing all of the car research that you would need, There are cars listed for sale in the monthly threads that are created.

#3 ·
The 850 was produced 1993-1997 in both sedan and wagon versions. 1995-1997 are the preferred years.

It will take a little effort; but, this site will provide you with almost all the model and Trim information available each year: https://www.cars.com/research/volvo-850/

Manual transmission models in the US are non-turbo (fuel injection only). Made-for-Canada Turbo models were available with manual transmissions.

While you are looking, you might expand your search to the 1998-2000 S70/V70 models. They are not much different from the 850.

#4 ·
Volvo's P80 platform consists of the 93-97 850 and the 98-00 S/V/C70 cars. Except C70s were continued up to 04.

Best entry into the P80 platform is probably the 98 S70 or V70, I'd start there. Easiest to find P80 turbo manual in the US is the S70 T5m.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.