2004 V70 AT 170k Gray/Nordkap ... Central Coast, California
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

**Off Market*** 2004 V70R AT 170k Gray/Nordkap ... Central Coast, California

Price: $5500 OBO
      Would like this car situated with a new owner who will appreciate it by the end of August 2020

Sam Waters
      Prefer PMs on Swedespeed
      Arroyo Grande, CA (3 hours north of LA)

Pictures are here:
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mf?usp=sharing

ParticularsÖ.

Volvo V70
      167k and change
      Gray Exterior
      Nordkap Interior (Blue for all you semi-volvo people like me)
      Automatic Transmission (Sorry to disappoint all you shifty people)
      Condition
      Exterior: 6/10
      Interior: 8/10

Options/Packages
      I donít know if it has any actual options or packages (I knowÖ.lazy poster).
      The car only has one key.
      It has the original manuals.
      There are two license plates and an additional OEM license plate holder.

VIN: YV1SJ52Y742374910

Modifications
      I added an Grom audio interface for iPhone and Android. I placed a phone mount in the accessory cup holder slot next to the stereo. Itís the kind that grabs the car vents. I placed some bolts across the cup holder opening to use as a secure mount. It works great and doesnít wobble or anything while driving and gives great access to my phone.

I also tinted all the rear windows.

Accidents
      I backed into my momís Volvo in my driveway while she was visiting. Her 2017 V60 had two trashed doors. My rear bumper had one scratch and the panel popped out of the locking tab. The panel just had to have the bolt loosened and then the tab reinserted into the correct slot. I reported this to my insurance so it will probably show up on a carfax check now.

Maintenance and Service History
      It hasnít required much during my tenure as owner. I changed the battery a few years back. Shortly after I got it the passenger axle CV joint went bad. The car made no typical CV noise or grinding on sharp turns. It only vibrated like crazy at certain highway speeds. I balanced the wheels and investigate everything else I could think ofÖFinally took it to the Volvo dealership who diagnosed it as the axle in 15 minutes after a trip around the block. I had them fix it with an OEM Volvo axle.

No oil leaks that leave any drips in the driveway. Itís only eaten a liter or two of coolant since Iíve owned it.
      No service lights.

More historyÖ.

When I bought the car it was a single owner car. The original owner ordered the car new. It was shipped to Ventura, CA and picked up at the port and then delivered to the new owners in San Luis Obispo. They owned it until 2017 and then traded it in to the same Volvo dealership. The carfax that I reviewed when I bought the car showed no accidents and minor service such as oil changes and batteries performed mostly at the Volvo dealership and some services at other independent shops.

Exterior
      Iíve detailed it twice since Iíve owned it. This includes clay bar, polish and wax using Adamís and Meguiarís products. The paint is slicker than snot at the moment. This last go round I used Forever Black on the plastic trim. It works really well. It has a few scratches and the typical road rash. There are multiple dings that have been touched up. Iíve tried to include as much of this in the pictures as possible. I can take more pictures as necessary.

The wheels have some rash and some scratched paint (Iím not sure itís paint but I assume these wheels are painted.) Otherwise the wheels are clean and free from large amounts of brake dust. The tires have probably half the life left. They are Michelin Pilot.

Interior
      The interior has a few dings no larger than a pencil lead in the aluminum trim. The carpets are free of stains and wear. The rubber mats have lots of life left and were recently rehydrated to a deep black. The driverís bolster has the typical bolster wear. I recently treated it with blue leather dye that restored the finish. See photos for before and after. The cupholder cover rail is broken at one side. The cupholder cover still functions as designed but is a bit clunky with the broken rail. The cupholder cover has some dings and scratches in it that Iíve touched up.
      Last edited by samuelstafford; 07-19-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Edit Price, Added R Designation, Photos on Google

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can't view the photos without an apple account. Wait is this a V70 or a V70R

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It is an "R". I updated the title.

Are you sure you need an apple account to view the photos?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Alas, you do have to have an apple iCloud account just to view the photos. Poor design on apple's part.

I've changed the photos to Google Drive.

Bump! Is the price too high? Feedback welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelstafford View Post
      Bump! Is the price too high? Feedback welcome.
      In my opinion, the price is a little steep. I would take it off your hands for 4500 in a heartbeat.
      Current: 2007 Volvo S60R GT. CODENAME: "The Rocket". Passion Red, Gobi. Ruined 17" Factory Pegs With Passion Red Paint On The R's. Thanks For Ruining My Perfect Wheels Big O Tires, Estes Park. Turning Radius: What is in a name? - Would Rather Live In It Than Sell It, Car Obtained On A Whim From Local Craigslist. I Love This Car. My Perfect Car. Obtained July Of 2016.
      2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T Ruby Red Metallic, Gobi (Or Something, I Don't Know The Colors Of That Year). - Oh, Look! A Dented Volvo That Never Runs Right (Vida Is Just As Confused As I Am). How Nice! I Don't Know If I Want To Sell It, Who Knows, Might Be Inclined To Sell For A Handshake and Decent Coffee. Obtained January of 2019
      2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 (Fully Loaded. I Mean It. - Adaptive Cruise Control, Navigation, Heated Seats Front And Rear. If It Exists, Make It Auto, Etc, Etc.) Obtained March of 2020

Past: (RIP) 1997 Volvo 850R Sedan (I Don't Know Colors All That Well For The Year, I'll Look Into It) Black, Tan - A Mountain Decided To Crash Into My Friend, Driving. Saved The Lives, Not The Car. Obtained June of '99 - Died (coincidentally) June of 2011

The Search: 2007 Volvo V70R Magic Blue, Atacama (MAGICAMA) Obtained: Well, Hopefully Soon. Aditionally, A P80 & P2 V70 T5 Manual

New VIDA and DiCE Owner. Time to see if it works.

Make an offer! I'm open and would like to get this sold ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelstafford View Post
      Make an offer! I'm open and would like to get this sold ASAP.
      PM'ed
      Current: 2007 Volvo S60R GT. CODENAME: "The Rocket". Passion Red, Gobi. Ruined 17" Factory Pegs With Passion Red Paint On The R's. Thanks For Ruining My Perfect Wheels Big O Tires, Estes Park. Turning Radius: What is in a name? - Would Rather Live In It Than Sell It, Car Obtained On A Whim From Local Craigslist. I Love This Car. My Perfect Car. Obtained July Of 2016.
      2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T Ruby Red Metallic, Gobi (Or Something, I Don't Know The Colors Of That Year). - Oh, Look! A Dented Volvo That Never Runs Right (Vida Is Just As Confused As I Am). How Nice! I Don't Know If I Want To Sell It, Who Knows, Might Be Inclined To Sell For A Handshake and Decent Coffee. Obtained January of 2019
      2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 (Fully Loaded. I Mean It. - Adaptive Cruise Control, Navigation, Heated Seats Front And Rear. If It Exists, Make It Auto, Etc, Etc.) Obtained March of 2020

Past: (RIP) 1997 Volvo 850R Sedan (I Don't Know Colors All That Well For The Year, I'll Look Into It) Black, Tan - A Mountain Decided To Crash Into My Friend, Driving. Saved The Lives, Not The Car. Obtained June of '99 - Died (coincidentally) June of 2011

The Search: 2007 Volvo V70R Magic Blue, Atacama (MAGICAMA) Obtained: Well, Hopefully Soon. Aditionally, A P80 & P2 V70 T5 Manual

New VIDA and DiCE Owner. Time to see if it works.

Off the market. Need to get the title in hand. Taking longer than expected due to COVID.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements