White residue from the washer fluid.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

White residue from the washer fluid.

I have a 2019 V60 Inscription Polestar and have had a white residue coming from the washer fluid from day one. I first noticed it when the high pressure headlight spray covered the whole car in a white film as I was driving. The dealer thought I must have driven through a paint mist or some type of spray. A couple of days go by and I had used the washer on the front and rear windows and noticed the same type of deposits. I stop by the dealer again and they looked at it and looked at an S60 on the lot (it did not have the high pressure washer system) and it did not leave a residue. My V60 is the first that they had seen and had not had a S60 with the same washer system. A month goes by and they finally get a S60 with the high pressure system and guess what... it leaves the same white residue. They replaced the washer fluid reservoir and flushed the lines. Two weeks later the residue was back. It's been over a year with no resolution. Anyone else seen or experienced this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MEPowell View Post
      I have a 2019 V60 Inscription Polestar and have had a white residue coming from the washer fluid from day one. I first noticed it when the high pressure headlight spray covered the whole car in a white film as I was driving. The dealer thought I must have driven through a paint mist or some type of spray. A couple of days go by and I had used the washer on the front and rear windows and noticed the same type of deposits. I stop by the dealer again and they looked at it and looked at an S60 on the lot (it did not have the high pressure washer system) and it did not leave a residue. My V60 is the first that they had seen and had not had a S60 with the same washer system. A month goes by and they finally get a S60 with the high pressure system and guess what... it leaves the same white residue. They replaced the washer fluid reservoir and flushed the lines. Two weeks later the residue was back. It's been over a year with no resolution. Anyone else seen or experienced this issue?
      Stands to reason that it has something to do with the washer fluid. *While we have owned 10 Volvos over the years I have never had this problem nor have I heard of it. *I would drain the reservoir completely and flush (if possible) then refill with a different brand of fluid. *I can't imagine that it would happen again. *Dealer probably drained, flushed and refilled with the same Volvo fluid.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Happened with my S60. Whatever was filled at the delivery did that. Nothing like that after.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements