SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

V90 rear Shocks

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  1MoreCar 
#1 ·
I was looking to lower my V90 and settled on Coilovers from Classic Swede. But I just put on my new 17s Neptunes and the front is a lil too high but I can do the 50mm lowering springs from them to fix that, the rear looks good As it sits now However the shocks are toast and I’m sure once I replace the shocks they’ll lift the rear a bit.

So my question is, is there a set of shorter shocks I can use?
I know classic Swede offer rear coilovers with shorter shocks but if I’m leaving the transverse leaf spring in place (happy with its height) I wound need the coils , just need a shorter new shocks.

Appreciate any valuable input you guys may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
It may not help much, as the parts are probably NLA, but Volvo did offer a factory lowering kit for the S90/V90 with the composite leaf spring setup.

There are two kits for the front end, one is for Auto and one is for Manual (I guess spring stiffness is the difference).
Auto: VO 9134930
Man: VO 1394862

Rear lowering leaf spring number:
VO 9192762

#5 ·
Thanks.
My rear leaf spring current height is acceptable I'm trying to find a solution that will spare me having to deal with taking out or replacing it. I'm trying to see if there's a shorter shocks I can use since my blown shocks height look good but perform like a bounce castle lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.