SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

302mm Caliper Brackets and Brake Upgrades: Wheel Fitment List?

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Yolomcswagicorn 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have to do the rotors and pads on my V70. While searching for parts, I came across 302mm conversion brackets.

I've always been a bit disappointed in the brakes on it. Since this conversion looks easy enough to do, is relatively cheap and I have to do the work anyway, I figured I might give it a try while doing the brakes.

I understand there are some caliper/wheel clearance issues, but I keep finding conflicting information on which wheels will work and which won't.

IPD's product listing says it won't work on 15" or 16" wheels, but at the same time, I know I've seen 99-2000 R's with 16" wheels, and they reportedly came with the 302mm front rotors from the factory, so there must be at least some 16's that work.

Does anyone know if a list of wheels that work with the 302mm upgrade exists anywhere?

I have read that Perfo's DO work despite being 16. Perfo's and Columba's look a hell of a lot alike. Makes me wonder if my Columba's work...

Appreciate any information anyone might have.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well, I might have found the answer to my question myself.

Over here on another Volvo forum there is a list of all P80 wheels.

Only two of the 16" wheels state that they cannot be fitted to cars with 302mm discs, Columba and Persus.

Bummer.

At least I have the answer, and it is here for future reference for others.

#6 ·
We're gonna be here a while listing all the wheels that fit lol.....would be way easier to list the few 16s that don't. Because there are just a few 16s that don't clear and everything else 16+ does

16s that don't fit:
Columba
Persus

Has anyone tried Helium or Andromeda? Pretty sure everything else will work.

#9 ·
On German forum I found this: NICHT 302mm kompatible 16" Felgen sind: Columba, Pleiad, Solar, Persus, u.A. Diese 16" Alus von Volvo sind OK: Andrastea, Canaveral, Satelite, Metis, Mimas, Miram, Andomeda, Centaurus, Helium, Perfo (spätere Turboschaufel) u. Meteor. Now I'm wondering about Electra (called mini Thetys) or Andrastea...

#10 ·
Solar fit over 302s. I have them on my 850R currently.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

#12 ·
yes there are longer lines 9191400
highly recommended upgrade. Don't use ceramic pads

#15 ·
Never mind...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.