SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

AC Issue 09 S80 T6

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Thommykent 
#1 ·
So when I start the car and turn on the AC it blows warm until I start driving. It usually takes about 5 minutes then starts to cool. The clutch is engaging when I turn it on. Could this be a low refrigerant issue?

#8 · (Edited)
Summer temperatures in Greensboro are reaching 90F now, but are generally moderate for the OP. BestBob, your summer temperatures in Marshall, Michigan look to be cooler in the low 80s F. I don’t think either of you have pushed your AC very hard. However, your AC should be blowing cold on high when fully charged. Cool is not the same as cold, so I’d say you are due. You can recharge it yourself with one or two cans of refrigerant if you’re handy. Keeping it charged and lubricated is important for the compressor, so after 10+ years you should at least have it checked.

#9 ·
Summer temperatures in Greensboro are reaching 90F now, but are generally moderate for the OP. BestBob, your summer temperatures in Marshall, Michigan look to be cooler in the low 80s F. I don't think either of you have pushed your AC very hard. However, your AC should be blowing cold on high when fully charged. Cool is not the same as cold, so I'd say you are due. You can recharge it yourself with one or two cans of refrigerant if you're handy. Keeping it charged and lubricated is important for the compressor, so after 10+ years you should at least have it checked.
"Cool" vs. "Cold"... I'd say mine can be called "cold" at least by she who often rides in the passenger seat and turns the vents in an opposite direction. Different strokes and folks and all that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.