MST Performance Air Intake for 2014-18 Drive-E (T5/6) Engines.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

MST Performance Air Intake for 2014-18 Drive-E (T5/6) Engines.

Anyone here heard of or considering this? I’m super interested especially with the dyno gains they’re claiming, but I’m also curious about how it sounds. They don’t have a video, only pics of it installed and the dyno sheet. https://www.facebook.com/89324441767...113844925/?d=n

Pre-order is $335 USD shipping between mid-Aug to early-Sept.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I saw this the other day on facebook and thought it might be a good option. Seems similar to the GruppeM one in design.

Not sure about those dyno results though...
      2015.5 V60 T5e -
      Polestar Performance Tune, Exhaust and Intake - Twin Piston Brake Conversion - SS lines - H&R Springs - IPD Rear Sway Bar

I'd like to see the comparision on the dyno between this and a K&N drop in. Also, If I decide to go that route I will wait until they have product in hand before forking over any $$$.
      2015.5 V60 E-Drive - Flaminco Red with Sport Package - Eibachs, IPD Rear Bar, Polestar Tune, Tow Hitch, IPD Undertray, K&N Drop-In, Upper Torque Mount, LED headlights, Air Bag Load Levelers, RD brake upgrade with 336mm rotors front/vented rear - Tow vehicle for my racecar.
      2020 S60 Inscription - Pine Grey - Wife's driver.

Formerly owned Volvos:
      2017 S60 Inscription, 1994 850 Turbo Wagon, 1992 740 Turbo, 1990 240, 1987 245 Wagon, 1975 245 Wagon with a B20F, 1972 Volvo 1800E.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I saw this and am very interested, I want to see what people think of it. I might have to grab it once it is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Patbias View Post
      Anyone here heard of or considering this? I’m super interested especially with the dyno gains they’re claiming, but I’m also curious about how it sounds. They don’t have a video, only pics of it installed and the dyno sheet. https://www.facebook.com/89324441767...113844925/?d=n

Pre-order is $335 USD shipping between mid-Aug to early-Sept.
      I was just quoted $150 for shipping to New Jersey, which brings the total cost to $485 (they are being shipped from Singapore). I am going to pass at that price. Tony from Devil Performance is going to try to find a cheaper shipping alternative. Stay tuned!
      Last edited by Rebel Yell; 07-19-2020 at 09:00 PM.
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
      I was just quoted $150 for shipping to New Jersey, which brings the total cost to $485 (they are being shipped from Singapore). I am going to pass at that price. Tony from Devil Performance is going to try to find a cheaper shipping alternative. Stay tuned!
      yeah... that’s gonna be a no from me until someone buys it and tests it lol.

Nice looking set up but I would be very skeptical of their horsepower claims.
      2017 Volvo S60 Dynamic AWD

Update: I ordered the MST Intake from Tony at Devil Performance. He was able to find a less expensive shipping method. The total came to a little over $400 including shipping. He said I should receive it in a few weeks. I will post a review once I install it. Stay tuned!
      Rebel Yell • 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar • Rebel Blue The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers used the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy.

Update: I ordered the MST Intake from Tony at Devil Performance. He was able to find a less expensive shipping method. The total came to a little over $400 including shipping. He said I should receive it in a few weeks. I will post a review once I install it. Stay tuned!
      Awesome! Eagerly waiting for results

You are a hero among us haha

I can’t wait for the review

Quote Originally Posted by maskeet603 View Post
      You are a hero among us haha

I can’t wait for the review

LOL - Will do!

LOL - Will do!
      Hey Rebel, any updates yet on the Intake?

LOL - Will do!
      Hey Rebel, did it arrive yet?

Hey Rebel, did it arrive yet?

I tried to install the box that they sent him for his 2017 S60 Polestar and the airbox sent him did not fit in properly and the other issue was the air ducting coming from the front grille didn't fit in their box. Their box had triangle shape hole and the Polestar Airbox has a square shape. They are supposed to send him a new airbox that fits as they admitted to him that they did not have a proper airbox for Polestar models even though all the information and pictures he sent was for a Polestar model.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      I tried to install the box that they sent him for his 2017 S60 Polestar and the airbox sent him did not fit in properly and the other issue was the air ducting coming from the front grille didn't fit in their box. Their box had triangle shape hole and the Polestar Airbox has a square shape. They are supposed to send him a new airbox that fits as they admitted to him that they did not have a proper airbox for Polestar models even though all the information and pictures he sent was for a Polestar model.
      I wonder why the polestar airbox would be different than a regular S60.

I wonder why the polestar airbox would be different than a regular S60.

The airbox in the SPA T6 engine is slightly different and comparing their box to my wife's 2019 XC60 T6 I could see that they just made the assumption the boxes were the same.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements