NAV system stuck in upgrade loop
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

NAV system stuck in upgrade loop

Hey guys,
      Got one I can't figure out and need some guidance.

08 XC90 3.2, Factory NAV

Bought an update disk, interested it, systems started doing it's updates. Went thru 2 or 3 reboots updating different things/firmwares. Came to the last part, updating the maps. It starts, saying 200 minutes remaining, few minutes later it switches to cannot read disk.

If I exit out of the update it has updated some things as the screen and layout is completely changed, much more modern.

Suggestion on getting the update to complete? I have already run a disk cleaner thru in addition to blowing out the unit with some compressed air.

The disk is spotless, not a single scratch on it.

If I cannot get the update to complete, is there a way to cancel it? Every time I start the card the NAV now turns on trying to complete the update even after I have shut the NAV down.

Thanks,
      -Brian

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperMan View Post
      Hey guys,
      Got one I can't figure out and need some guidance.

08 XC90 3.2, Factory NAV

Bought an update disk, interested it, systems started doing it's updates. Went thru 2 or 3 reboots updating different things/firmwares. Came to the last part, updating the maps. It starts, saying 200 minutes remaining, few minutes later it switches to cannot read disk.

If I exit out of the update it has updated some things as the screen and layout is completely changed, much more modern.

Suggestion on getting the update to complete? I have already run a disk cleaner thru in addition to blowing out the unit with some compressed air.

The disk is spotless, not a single scratch on it.

If I cannot get the update to complete, is there a way to cancel it? Every time I start the card the NAV now turns on trying to complete the update even after I have shut the NAV down.

Thanks,
      -Brian
      Options:
      Connect a smart battery charger and try again. Maybe low voltage?

If it doesn’t work, remove nav, clean laser lens gently with a cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol, and try again. Maybe dirty laser lens?

If it doesn’t work, use a pressed DVD (Original) and not a copied DVD. Maybe weak laser?

Note that a copied, burnt DVD reflects less light than a pressed DVD and is thus harder to read, requiring a stronger laser. If the laser is old and weak then you can get to a situation where the errors reading the copied DVD are too high, but a pressed DVD may still work (for a few years)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had this when I updated the software in my 2009 car, kept getting the "could not read disc error". I kept ejecting the disc, putting it back, it would be ok for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes then the same error would occur and I would repeat the process. It was a major ballache but after 5 hours the update completed ok.
      2009 XC90 D5 185 R Design Geartronic-6
      Premium, Summer, Winter, Family and Comms packs.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I had this issue also but ended up getting the disk replaced for resolution.
      2010 XC90 V8 - 140k miles
      2012 S60 T5 - traded with 177k. Lost compression on cyl 5.
      2009 C30 - Totaled. It ate a minivan at 35mph.
      2006 S40 - at 217k it was tired and needed too much.
      2008 XC90 3.2 - traded with 220,780 miles

Thanks for the feedback!

pulled the nav unit today, fully cleaned. Still experiencing same. Is there a way to roll back the upgrade? Cannot get out of the loop. Even tried a factory reset. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperMan View Post
      pulled the nav unit today, fully cleaned. Still experiencing same. Is there a way to roll back the upgrade? Cannot get out of the loop. Even tried a factory reset. Thanks!
      You could try inserting the previous version, but you’d be better off trying with another DVD.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements