SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

NAV system stuck in upgrade loop

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SwissXC90 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Got one I can't figure out and need some guidance.

08 XC90 3.2, Factory NAV

Bought an update disk, interested it, systems started doing it's updates. Went thru 2 or 3 reboots updating different things/firmwares. Came to the last part, updating the maps. It starts, saying 200 minutes remaining, few minutes later it switches to cannot read disk.

If I exit out of the update it has updated some things as the screen and layout is completely changed, much more modern.

Suggestion on getting the update to complete? I have already run a disk cleaner thru in addition to blowing out the unit with some compressed air.

The disk is spotless, not a single scratch on it.

If I cannot get the update to complete, is there a way to cancel it? Every time I start the card the NAV now turns on trying to complete the update even after I have shut the NAV down.

Thanks,
-Brian

See less See more
#2 ·
Options:
Connect a smart battery charger and try again. Maybe low voltage?

If it doesn't work, remove nav, clean laser lens gently with a cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol, and try again. Maybe dirty laser lens?

If it doesn't work, use a pressed DVD (Original) and not a copied DVD. Maybe weak laser?

Note that a copied, burnt DVD reflects less light than a pressed DVD and is thus harder to read, requiring a stronger laser. If the laser is old and weak then you can get to a situation where the errors reading the copied DVD are too high, but a pressed DVD may still work (for a few years)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I had this when I updated the software in my 2009 car, kept getting the "could not read disc error". I kept ejecting the disc, putting it back, it would be ok for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes then the same error would occur and I would repeat the process. It was a major ballache but after 5 hours the update completed ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.