VIDA Error Code CEM 1C01 CEM-1C01 L-signal Signal too high
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VIDA Error Code CEM 1C01 CEM-1C01 L-signal Signal too high

Does any body know how to fix the issue from CEM-1C01? I just change the new alternator and then it happen.

CEM-1C01 L-signal Signal too high
      DDM-0049 Control module Internal fault
      ECM-9400 Brake pedal sensor - Signal too high
      ECM-2320 Injector cyl 2 - Signal missing

Error-CEM-1-C01
      S60T5|Stage 3|E85|Fuel Return System|Anti Lag Tune with Hilton|Snow Performance Meth|Catless|FMIC|Custom 3.5 Inch Down Pipe|3 Inch Exhaust|K24 Hybrid Turbo|18 Inch Heico Wheel|Fuel Surge Tank Nuke Performance|AEM AFR Gauge|2 Walbro 445 in Surge Tank|Aeromotive in tank|Aeromotive Fuel Regulator

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What suggestions does VIDA give you when you click the code?

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
      What suggestions does VIDA give you when you click the code?
      I got the another Code CEM-1A05
      Error-CEM-1-C05

372: CEM-1A05 30 Power supply. Signal too low. Permanent fault

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information
      Condition
      Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) CEM-1C05 is stored if the central electronic module (CEM) registers that the 30-supply to central electronic module (CEM) terminals #3E and #6E is low.
      Substitute value
      None.

Possible source

◾Contact resistance or loose connections in the terminals
      ◾Low battery voltage, poor battery or the battery needs charging
      ◾Defective generator (GEN).

Fault symptom[s]
      ◾The “Generator not charging” warning lamp is lit with the engine running
      ◾The headlamp bulbs blow
      ◾The "Generator not charging" warning lamp is not lit when the ignition is switched on
      ◾Low rotation speed in the starter motor
      ◾The electrolyte in battery boils with the engine running
      ◾The battery discharges.

372: CEM-1C01 L signal. Signal too high. Permanent fault

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information

Condition

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) CEM-1C01 is stored if the control module registers that the L signal is high or missing, or that a regulator fault has occurred.

Substitute value
      None.

Possible source

◾The generator (GEN) is not charging because of a missing energy source, a faulty central electronic module or faulty diode.

Fault symptom[s]

◾The "Generator not charging" warning lamp is lit when the engine is running
      ◾The "Generator not charging" warning lamp is not lit when the ignition is switched on
      ◾The battery discharges
      ◾Low rotation speed in the starter motor.
      Last edited by akeker; 07-25-2020 at 12:20 PM.
      S60T5|Stage 3|E85|Fuel Return System|Anti Lag Tune with Hilton|Snow Performance Meth|Catless|FMIC|Custom 3.5 Inch Down Pipe|3 Inch Exhaust|K24 Hybrid Turbo|18 Inch Heico Wheel|Fuel Surge Tank Nuke Performance|AEM AFR Gauge|2 Walbro 445 in Surge Tank|Aeromotive in tank|Aeromotive Fuel Regulator

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

How about a bad new alternator?

How about a bad new alternator?
      Not sure about that. I suspect about CEM fault, Battery failure or some electrical wiring problem.

Was it a genuine Bosch or Volvo alternator? Also the pre and post facelift units look the same but have different electric system in the regulator that talks to the car via the L line( the small lead on the alternator) , you need the right year. The pattern ones often don’t work properly. Well known problem.
      You almost certainly need a different alternator.
      Saffron V70R 1998 Auto FWD,
      Silver 2006 V70 D5 manual FWD, fixing slowly.
      Silver S60 D5 manual , need a petrol one. Good parts for the V70 D5.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
      Was it a genuine Bosch or Volvo alternator? Also the pre and post facelift units look the same but have different electric system in the regulator that talks to the car via the L line( the small lead on the alternator) , you need the right year. The pattern ones often don’t work properly. Well known problem.
      You almost certainly need a different alternator.
      I ordered from aliExpress. They said it fit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...27424c4dycLl4G

30658087 30667788 30667895 NEW ALTERNATOR FORVOLVO C70 S60 S70 V70 2.3 2.4
      Last edited by akeker; 07-28-2020 at 11:33 PM.

I finally found out the root cause. It's about the new alternator cannot work with my S60 T5. My original alternator is 120 Amps but the new one is 160 Amps. I think my model can only support 120 Mps. After I changed back to the old alternator then everything is back to normal again.

I am not sure why the new alternator resulted in trouble codes in your Volvo, but it's good to know that these cars require the correct alternator in order to function. Thanks for publishing the final result of your efforts to get the car working again.

Quote Originally Posted by akeker View Post
      I finally found out the root cause. After I changed back to the old alternator then everything is back to normal again.
      So why did you replace the alternator to begin with? You are saying you replaced it but it was not bad??

So why did you replace the alternator to begin with? You are saying you replaced it but it was not bad??
      I have so many symptoms. I cannot figure it out yet. The symptoms are about Power Voltage Drop, Battery Low, Engine Hard to Start when it Hot & Engine Stop while it running. I've tried to find out the reason. I thought it could be my alternator is bad. That why I decided to order new alternator to replace. Then I find the another problem that I post it here. So I changed back the alternator then the Code is gone and my old alternator can charge power to the battery again.

I have so many symptoms. The symptoms are about Power Voltage Drop, Battery Low, Engine Hard to Start when it Hot & Engine Stop while it running.
      Perhaps you have a weak (or incorrect) battery and some of your mods are causing "hard to start when hot and engine stop while running" --- Nice list!

Last edited by hoonk; 08-04-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Perhaps you have a weak (or incorrect) battery and some of your mods are causing "hard to start when hot and engine stop while running" --- Nice list!

Yes, I think so. I try to find out the root cause. If I found the real issue. I would share it here.

Yes, I think so. I try to find out the root cause. If I found the real issue. I would share it here.
      I fixed a few things and everything come back to normal now.

1. I unplug and re-plug pedal position sensor then clear code
      2. I noticed that the battery is out of voltage. I re-charge it until the power is fully charged
      3 I got another code injector signal missing for number#2. I clean the plug connector with Sonax.

After that I clear code with VIDA. No more code left for me to concern no more

Only DDM-0049 remain but that code is ok because my switch control mirror and central lock system failure.
      Last edited by akeker; 08-07-2020 at 09:04 PM.

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements