alignment specs 2007 xc90 4.4L
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

alignment specs 2007 xc90 4.4L

Does anyone have the specs for this car that gives best tire wear?

Iíve read 0.10 each side rear toe is best rather then 15-17 each side
      And thatís what Iíd asked for

Front toe is now set at -0.01 degrees on left side and same on right side

Front camber is now set at -0.9 left side and -0.7 right side as I had installed adjustable camber bolts so it can be changed

Rear camber is now set at -1.3 left side and -1.4 right side and so far not adjustable until I decide to install the IPD camber bushing they sell which is very tricky to get right unless your experienced in doing this job but I wonít if this seems to be not too much camber to cause tire wear

Rear toe is now set at 0.10 left side and 0.08 right side

Iím in the mountains and can only go to Goober and Gomers shop out here so even though itís a new hunter rack they have, they donít split hairs

Has anyone kept the specs they had their xc90 set at and then found the tires wear even and last longer?
      Last edited by Paul1963; 07-25-2020 at 10:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The front factory specs are toe'd out (negative) for 2008 and earlier, then opposite, toe'd in from 2009+. I like to use the 2009+ front specs for any year XC90 to give more highway straight-line stability, then reduce it. I like the toe'd in (positive toe) because the XC90 is susceptible to swaying with winds and following the road crown.

Factory Specs Are:
      Up to 2008: Total Toe is -0.16 +/- 0.2
      2009 and above: Total Toe is +0.16 +/- 0.2

I have mine set around Total Toe +0.10 (+0.05 each side) toe'd in for good highway stability, yet less wear on the tires since it is set more neutral.

Specs reference: https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/x...ge-1863008.png
      2008 XC90 3.2 AWD - 150k miles, Premium, Versatility 7 passenger, Climate, Convenience, retrofit Morimoto D2S HID bi-xenon, iPd swaybars & poly bushing inserts, Powerflex poly control arm bushings, Bilstein Touring Fr struts, Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus 255/55R18, Fr Infinity tweeters & speakers, hardwired cheap $17 Amazon Bluetooth to center console aux & pwr, CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coated, no oil consumption using Mobil 1 0W-40 even w/ my lead foot

About the XC90 3.2 - The good, the bad, and the ugly
      Upgrade front end rebuild with OEM, aftermarket, and original parts
      The better transmission JWS 3309/T-IV fluid for your 5 or 6 speed
      Strut Recommendations based on your specific XC90
      Why it's better to use synthetic oil instead of conventional

Ok what was your camber settings

My camber is the most I could get by doing setting the suspension components I outlined in your camber thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Camber-on-XC90 It is around -.3 to -.4.
      Here are the factory camber specs: https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/x...ns/page_17551/

The specs I posted earlier in this thread is for the front toe. I saw you also posted in another alignment thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...lignment-Specs
      I personally disagree with recommending to set the rear toe to zero (0). The reason being it can make the rear too tail happy, especially with wind. There should be some safety straightline stability for the XC90 with its top heaviness. That's why I only recommend reducing overall toe-in as I explained here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ermarket-parts

I am using Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus tires and have over 33k miles on them. They look like they can go another 20k miles no problem and are wearing evenly. If you are still having tire problems after changing suspension components and setting the alignment a little more neutral, then the issues could be either the control arm bushings or the tires. As explained in other threads, the control arm bushings will flex and collapse on braking and turning (and bumps/uneven pavement on turns), thus changing the alignment geometry. This is why I strongly recommend the polyurethane forward control arm bushings. I outlined before how Michelin Premier LTX tires are kind of sticky/gummy, so the wear on the treads looks like feathering. The Michelins want to be sticky, but they also don't like any toe. Mine lasted only 31k miles before I had to change them because the tread was not deep enough for snow.

Don't set the alignment to complete neutral or zero. While this may increase tire life, it's at the expense of safety.
      2008 XC90 3.2 AWD - 150k miles, Premium, Versatility 7 passenger, Climate, Convenience, retrofit Morimoto D2S HID bi-xenon, iPd swaybars & poly bushing inserts, Powerflex poly control arm bushings, Bilstein Touring Fr struts, Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus 255/55R18, Fr Infinity tweeters & speakers, hardwired cheap $17 Amazon Bluetooth to center console aux & pwr, CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coated, no oil consumption using Mobil 1 0W-40 even w/ my lead foot

About the XC90 3.2 - The good, the bad, and the ugly
      Upgrade front end rebuild with OEM, aftermarket, and original parts
      The better transmission JWS 3309/T-IV fluid for your 5 or 6 speed
      Strut Recommendations based on your specific XC90
      Why it's better to use synthetic oil instead of conventional

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements