SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Spring Recommendations?

794 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  paradoxicallymodified 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I ordered some Ceika 1m Coilovers. I put them on and since I didn't really know how they should be setup I had a local shop check my install, set the ride height and do the alignment. Cool. I didn't drive the car much but after a bit I noticed I was hitting the bump stops. OK, must have had some settling so I went back and we raised the car. Months later, same thing, back again and more raising. And again. And again only the last time I raised the car myself as it turns out its not hard. Only problem is - I have run out of adjustability where the spring is concerned. I can keep raising the height but that does not give me more travel. I have the preload set as high as it can go w/o compressing the main spring (I have helper springs).

The shop is saying that the springs are not correct for the car and I need new ones. So, what do you recommend for springs? They need to work with my Ceikas. I would like to maybe do a track day and drive fairly spiritedly on the twisties and like a car that is firm. That being said I could do w/o a harsh ride and don't want to be bouncing off the bump stops.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Bonus points for anyone that can tell me what amount of camber I can dial into the front and avoid rubbing.

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you contact Ceika to ask about different spring options? For what you paid, I would expect some customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Post a pic of the front fender gap. What size tires are you running? There are numerous options for springs. I went with Elevate for your afore mentioned not bouncing around hard. Eibach has options too. Again many others. Going to come down to preference. As far as not rubbing-you may have to pull the fenders a bit. Or just roll em a touch first. I'm on 245/40/18 and had to roll/pull about a 1/4 inch front and rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.