Anyone have a FL Headlight washer cover to fit a 2005 S60 2.5t FWD??
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Anyone have a FL Headlight washer cover to fit a 2005 S60 2.5t FWD??

Well....it happened again on the highway earlier today. Lost my FRONT LEFT (Drivers side) Headlight Washer Cover AGAIN. This will be the 4th one I've had to replace since I purchased the car 10+ years ago.....and I ask only because they are getting harder to find.

So I ask the community if you have any spares you would be willing to part with or have a line on one that I can look up?

Thanks in advance.
      2005 S60 2.5T FWD/ 350k+kms, Ruffino 18x8 Anthracite with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 235/40/18, Brembo Rotors/Pads, IPD Billet Trans Torque Mount, IPD Drop In Filter, Ultra Racing Upper Strut Tower Bar, LED Interior/ LED Parking Lights/Tag lights, Hikari Ultra LED/PIAA Headlights/Fogs, Sport Pedals, Pioneer AVH 4800BS, JL Audio Amp/Speakers/Sub. STOCK otherwise BUT..NEW Sachs struts and shocks all around

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...rimLevel=24659

Item 4.

Why do yours keep popping off? I've never had mine even come close to coming off in the 10 years/125k miles I've had it.
      2005 S60 T5 M66 (1 of 72). 4C (for now), Sport Kit, Snabb Short Shifter+Bushings, IPD Track Sways F+R, Bi-Xenon Retrofitted R Headlights - custom fuse box/wiring harness, IPD DP + Oval Tube Exhaust, Forge CBV, Snabb intake pipe, R Brembos F+R, FC04A 17x8+35. coming soon: KW V2, Delrin Subframe Bushings, Do88 Intercooler, Stage 2 Tune. HU-650+Bluetooth Grom+PA300+2xFocal ISS165+ACM-1.300+2x6.5" Dayton Rear Door Subwoofers.
      2005 G55k Family hauler
      2007 Formula SAE Racecar - Custom Tube Frame Chassis, Fox Shocks, Pullrod Suspension, , Wilwood Calipers, Hoosier Slicks, Magnesium 2pc wheels... (full auto-x resto)
      NA1 Supercharged NSX someday.

Quote Originally Posted by broinkrist View Post
      https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...rimLevel=24659

Item 4.

Why do yours keep popping off? I've never had mine even come close to coming off in the 10 years/125k miles I've had it.
      Thanks....not sure. I've had my mechanic put on every single one and they always look like they are under strain from the mechanism. I pulled the fuse on the headlight washers many years ago and have even thought of just fixing them (covers) to the bumper with epoxy or such just to curtail these loses. Might actually have to do so.
      2005 S60 2.5T FWD/ 350k+kms, Ruffino 18x8 Anthracite with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 235/40/18, Brembo Rotors/Pads, IPD Billet Trans Torque Mount, IPD Drop In Filter, Ultra Racing Upper Strut Tower Bar, LED Interior/ LED Parking Lights/Tag lights, Hikari Ultra LED/PIAA Headlights/Fogs, Sport Pedals, Pioneer AVH 4800BS, JL Audio Amp/Speakers/Sub. STOCK otherwise BUT..NEW Sachs struts and shocks all around

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The covers do just pop off, but it does take a bit of force and twisting to get them off. The whole headlight washer assembly is under tension so the cap flying off does sort of make sense, I just have never had it happen to me before. If you're not using the headlight washers, just use some 3m double sided tape around the edge and adhere it to the body.

You don't want to epoxy it as you have to take the covers off in the event you want to remove the bumper. The washer nozzle/arm is attached to the bottom of the headlight and that's not easy to remove from the clips.
      2005 S60 T5 M66 (1 of 72). 4C (for now), Sport Kit, Snabb Short Shifter+Bushings, IPD Track Sways F+R, Bi-Xenon Retrofitted R Headlights - custom fuse box/wiring harness, IPD DP + Oval Tube Exhaust, Forge CBV, Snabb intake pipe, R Brembos F+R, FC04A 17x8+35. coming soon: KW V2, Delrin Subframe Bushings, Do88 Intercooler, Stage 2 Tune. HU-650+Bluetooth Grom+PA300+2xFocal ISS165+ACM-1.300+2x6.5" Dayton Rear Door Subwoofers.
      2005 G55k Family hauler
      2007 Formula SAE Racecar - Custom Tube Frame Chassis, Fox Shocks, Pullrod Suspension, , Wilwood Calipers, Hoosier Slicks, Magnesium 2pc wheels... (full auto-x resto)
      NA1 Supercharged NSX someday.

Quote Originally Posted by broinkrist View Post
      The covers do just pop off, but it does take a bit of force and twisting to get them off. The whole headlight washer assembly is under tension so the cap flying off does sort of make sense, I just have never had it happen to me before. If you're not using the headlight washers, just use some 3m double sided tape around the edge and adhere it to the body.

You don't want to epoxy it as you have to take the covers off in the event you want to remove the bumper. The washer nozzle/arm is attached to the bottom of the headlight and that's not easy to remove from the clips.
      Understood. I was almost going as far as to take off both covers from the washer arms and affix to the bumper in a matter like you brought up,,,so some give for temperature fluctuations. This way if I have to pull the bumper, everything is already loose and ready to go. We will see.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements